The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Prop-less on stage. (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Anyone who owns Proteus should go straight to the Facebook group to see a terrific stage performance of the Mind Peek effect by Madison Hagler. Very nice to see a prop-less piece being delivered so well on stage. He also incorporates a lot of very nice subtleties. He is wisely keeping it only for the owners of the book, but if you do own it the whole performance is well worth checking out!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I wish I could see it so I can make a decision on purchasing. But I'm not a member. I'm just a loser for now.
MentalMik
View Profile
Regular user
Ridgecrest, California
183 Posts

Profile of MentalMik
I don't own it, but Madison does have a video on here somewhere of him performing it at a table for two girls, awesome. In fact he has a great promo tape and some videos on his You Tube page, a great performer.
From the mind of Mik.
Ridgecrest, California, by way of the UK.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Great effect indeed.
amirb401
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of amirb401
Ive seen him do it on stage , that video is the purest mentalism you will ever see.
He done great job using Proteus and I can say I have used it almost every time I need a impromptu mentalism effect and it hits HARD!
Owen
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Owen
Probably going to be book of the year
Harrybowman
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Harrybowman
Should be. Awesome stuff. Thank you for this gem M. Bilek
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Just now saw this thread!

Thank you for the very kind comment Martin. That means a lot.

I debated long and hard about putting Proteus in my stage show. For me it boiled down to one thing: if it failed, I wanted the out to be logical and not seem like a failure. Thanks to Michael Murray’s bonus ideas, I had a great foundation for the direction to head to make a failure into a success.

Having now performed that show many times, I’ve only had one failure! And it didn’t feel like a failure thanks to the scripting.

As counter intuitive as it may seem, having the participant on stage actually leads to MORE success than performing it close up. This is due to the added pressure of being in front of a crowd. This pumps up their adrenaline and forces them to make choices quicker and also stay within certain limitations because of the hyper awareness of all eyes being on them.

I have loved performing it and it’s added life into my show because I feel like I’m genuinely doing what I’m claiming to do: mind reading. Proteus feels like the real deal.

If anyone would like to see the performance, send me a PM and I can send you a link. I don’t think you’d learn any more from it than Phedon’s performance with Peter Nardi. But you would get to see how it played on stage.

Madison
rev_marcus
View Profile
New user
Just getting started with
95 Posts

Profile of rev_marcus
I agree that Madison's performance is great. His performance is reason enough to pick up the book. The additions that Michael Murray has really help on cutting down misses and if it does, well it still works out.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Congratulations Madison, fantastic performance. I am grateful to see such charisma, you have a great present and future!
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Madison, I really enjoyed your performance! Very well done. The nice thing about it is that you got something you can not learn which we call talent Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1945 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Great show Madison. Very energetic and enjoyable performance.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I haven't seen the video, but I do own the book, and I very much like the routine. I am very interested in learning the subtleties described in this thread. Maybe someone can PM me. thx.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
BTW, I am not on Facebook.
ThomasIndigo
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of ThomasIndigo
Could someone PM me the name of the facebook group? I can't seem to find it.
Also, it's awesome to hear that Proteus is workable on stage! Nice job Madison Smile
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
For those who don't have this, I would say this is one of the best "anagram" related effect out there.

KJ
bofx
View Profile
Special user
France
509 Posts

Profile of bofx
Nice performance Madison!
My mentalism books: Mental Sweets 1 - Mental Sweets 2
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
I've seem it and praised long ago. I must point out that Madison's talent isn't restricted to stage! XD
"Your method is in my opinion the very best way to do Q&A"
Millard Longman

"Max has pushed some less known and seldom used principles a huge step forward"
Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Arcane Grimoires Vol 2- http://www.maxhazy.com/Codex-Mentis/
ThomasIndigo
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of ThomasIndigo
Definitely love Madison's energy in the video! A great example of making Proteus play big.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Prop-less on stage. (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL