The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Impuzzibilities ' "Five Card Mix" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mindbender
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Mindbender
I enjoy using many of the routines in this booklet. However, I have discovered a glitch (confirmed by the author) with one of the routines, namely "Five Card Mix." The spectator is supposed to be able to choose any number between one and five. Alas, they cannot choose number five and produce the desired effect.

One possibility is to demonstrate how the effect is done using the number five, and then instruct the spectator to select any other number, between one and four. However, that would lessen the effect, since the whole routine is suppose to be in the spectator's hands.

Any thoughts on how to keep the spectator from choosing the number five without arousing suspicion?
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
953 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Well, I can't find the booklet right now, but from your own description, you're asking for a number BETWEEN one and five which implies either 2,3 or 4 should be chosen. Is that how it is intended in the effect?

Cheers.

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
Mindbender
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Mindbender
Sorry for the confusion . When I wrote "between one and five," I meant "between one and five inclusive" (the usual colloquial sense), thus any number "from one to five."

I'd still be open to any suggestions people have. The routine can be found on pages 21-23.
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Hi Mindbender,

I exchanged emails with Jim about this. I'll PM you my solution.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Impuzzibilities ' "Five Card Mix" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL