The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Touch by Paul Curry presented by Nick Locapo (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
sevenup
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
179 Posts

Profile of sevenup
Was going to ask if there was a full performance of this but I see now why there is not.
Pick a card, any card at all. Just don't pick a RED spade.
magicnick13
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of magicnick13
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2017, Josho wrote:
Rizzo, does the deck you're describing allow you to do the effect with the prediction written on a Joker, as this new release does?

The deck he is describing does not allow you to write the prediction on the joker. The cards used in the original Curry effect did not use the jokers, but you should be able to find them at any magic shop.
Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
758 Posts

Profile of Josho
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2017, magicnick13 wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2017, Josho wrote:
Rizzo, does the deck you're describing allow you to do the effect with the prediction written on a Joker, as this new release does?

The deck he is describing does not allow you to write the prediction on the joker. The cards used in the original Curry effect did not use the jokers, but you should be able to find them at any magic shop.

Yes, that was kind of my point. Rizzo was asking if it's that tough to get this deck outside of the US. In fact, the ONLY way to get the deck that we're talking about here -- the one that allows you to write your prediction on a joker (which makes a LOT more sense than writing it on the back of a different random card, per the original -- is by purchasing this particular release.
Ron Timmer
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
51 Posts

Profile of Ron Timmer
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2017, TuneHV wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2017, westo wrote:
$30 to ship a deck of cards....just too much. Smile

Some other sites are starting to carry it, might have better shipping costs for folks across the pond.

https://www.magicshop.nl/Touch-by-Paul-Curry

Thanks!
Just in case: If you visit our site make sure to click the English flag on the top right Smile
Ron - MagicfromHolland.com
Visit our HUGE offline shop in the Netherlands or check www.magicshop.nl or visit www.MagicfromHolland.com
spaceman-sam
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
If you wanted to have a prediction in advance then show a deck (both sides) and have a spec touch any one card which then matches the prediction, my preference would be to use a Mindpower deck.

You would achieve the same effect in the eyes of the spec and so much cleaner. I tend to add a few more regular cards that can be shown cleanly after the selection has been made to prove that the spec could have also chosen other selections. These are marked on the back of the cards so can be spotted when deck is face down.

To not be able to show both sides of a deck is quite weak IMO so I would personally avoid that situation.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Hey Sam you took the words right off of my keyboard although I was going to say one could use a Master Mind deck.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Just seen this on WPR Magic live and have to say this is very clean and direct. Right up my street.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
It is a nice effect. He teaches multiple variations and performs them all live so you can decide which you like best.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I think this is a really great effect. One of my favorite purchases of last year.
I bought one to use for the effect, and another as an inexpensive way to get a bunch of the gaffs which can be used in other effects.
It's a bit like a utility device actually.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Indeed. I’m familiar with the move but it flies by everyone. I like the idea of using jokers as the reveal card too.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Sigh...I have to complain again....

Another lousy demo video.

Why can't magic dealers simply perform the effect vs. telling me what the effect is ?
AND, yes, I don't need cut aways for audience reactions. No one cares about audience ractions on demo clips....we want to see the effect performed straight through without camera cuts or side shots.

I always wonder is the effect and method is so bad that they need poor advertising to hide behind ?

Signed annoyed.
Long Island,

New York
Munseys_Magic
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Munseys_Magic
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2018, Expertmagician wrote:
Sigh...I have to complain again....

Another lousy demo video.

Why can't magic dealers simply perform the effect vs. telling me what the effect is ?
AND, yes, I don't need cut aways for audience reactions. No one cares about audience ractions on demo clips....we want to see the effect performed straight through without camera cuts or side shots.

I always wonder is the effect and method is so bad that they need poor advertising to hide behind ?

Signed annoyed.

Agreed. I'll pass just because of the demo that is afraid to show the performance.
Jim Munsey
Munsey's Magic
http://www.MunseysMagic.com
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
This is brilliant. Different outcome every time. Can be repeated if required. I did this on 4 specs at work the other day, in one go, and they all freaked out.
David Rie
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of David Rie
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2017, reignofsound wrote:
Any uk stockists?’
Not paying $30 shipping
David Rie
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of David Rie
Propdog in the UK sell Touch.
joogy
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of joogy
Hi all,

I am looking to purchase this but when I spoke to a magic dealer in the UK, he advised that it would be better if I purchased Paul Curry's World Beyond book as I'd get far more for my money.He said 'Touch' is covered in the book.
Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Definately seems like a very strong effect to a lay audience - would love to see the full effect presented. Just to see how much back and forth you have to do to get to the “joker”. I’m very interested.

Other effects I do in the same category.

Any Card - Richard Sanders
Gobsmacked - Simon Lovell
Storm Force 7 - Martin Sanderson

We can discuss forever if one or the other are stronger - it all comes down to the presentation and personal handling preference. My personal favourite is Gobsmacked for the simple fact that the spectator are dealing down the cards by themself. And it is always very strong to get the cards in the spectators hands for them to make the decision..

Gobsmacked presentation: https://youtu.be/ET148fNnbhw
magicnick13
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of magicnick13
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2022, joogy wrote:
Hi all,

I am looking to purchase this but when I spoke to a magic dealer in the UK, he advised that it would be better if I purchased Paul Curry's World Beyond book as I'd get far more for my money.He said 'Touch' is covered in the book.

Thanks

It is true that Touch is covered in Paul Curry's Worlds Beyond (great book). The trick however requires a special deck. If you purchase Touch, it includes an updated special deck.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2022, joogy wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks

I would get the book and the effect. You won't have to make the special deck. It's ready to go. The book is filled with great Curry creations. You can't go wrong.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
You have to be careful with this one. Spectator management is key. I watched a kid do this at a Magic Convention a few years ago for some friends (or maybe it was his family, not sure). One immediately grabbed a card. That kinda ruined it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Touch by Paul Curry presented by Nick Locapo (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL