The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Touch by Paul Curry presented by Nick Locapo (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
markthemagician
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of markthemagician
This effect kills. The deck is an updated version of Paul Curry’s deck. It’s a better effect this way in my opinion. Anyway, I’ve done this trick a couple of times so far (I only recently got the trick)… And minds were blown. It’s really strong. Nick does a great job teaching it and presenting it.
markthemagician
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Meanwhile my touch deck got destroyed. There are no more at Penguin. If anyone has one to sell, let me know!! 🤓🙏🏼
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10252 Posts

Profile of pegasus
How was it destroyed?
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1735 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2022, markthemagician wrote:
Meanwhile my touch deck got destroyed. There are no more at Penguin. If anyone has one to sell, let me know!! 🤓🙏🏼

Why don't you just make another? I mean...it's not exactly hard!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6102 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2022, Ross W wrote:
Quote:

You must have this confused with the original Paul Curry version because the Penguin version would be a LOT of work to make and that’s even if you’re capable and most magicians aren’t. Talk about arts and crafts, thus would require a ton of it, not to mention the cost of acquiring the materials.

If you compare making one to buying one then 30 bucks is a steal. That’s why they always sell out so quickly.
Lots of magicians love this effect and stock up with several whenever they become available.

But in the meantime you can put together the Curry version pretty easily and cheaply and it’s very close to the Penguin version. I personally prefer the Penguin version but Curry’s is a classic for a reason.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2189 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Quote:

A new batch is in production and will be restocked as soon as printing is complete. Printing takes a little while, but rest assured Touch is not gone forever!
Kevin Reylek
markthemagician
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

I’m excited for the new batch!!
JayCee0919
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of JayCee0919
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2022, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2022, Ross W wrote:
Quote:

You must have this confused with the original Paul Curry version because the Penguin version would be a LOT of work to make and that’s even if you’re capable and most magicians aren’t. Talk about arts and crafts, thus would require a ton of it, not to mention the cost of acquiring the materials.

If you compare making one to buying one then 30 bucks is a steal. That’s why they always sell out so quickly.
Lots of magicians love this effect and stock up with several whenever they become available.

But in the meantime you can put together the Curry version pretty easily and cheaply and it’s very close to the Penguin version. I personally prefer the Penguin version but Curry’s is a classic for a reason.

I don't think you're talking about the same thing - I bought TOUCH from Penguin and then made one from the appropriate deck bought on Amazon with slight differences.... You literally only need the deck and a Sharpie.
I'd double check it's actually TOUCH you're talking about Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6102 Posts

Profile of videoman
Yes, it's Touch I was referring too. I own a couple of them. I'm not aware that you can buy anything exactly like the Touch deck on Amazon which is why they sell out so quickly on Penguin and there is a waiting list. The slight differences you mention I would consider to be very big differences, as most people who are anxiously awaiting this to be restocked again I believe would agree. It's confusing because if you actually owned Touch you would be aware of the differences between the original and the new version.

Again, as I said previously I believe it is you who is getting this confused with the original Curry version because the deck Curry used is readily available on Amazon.
But hey, if you can show me where you got this deck on Amazon I'll gladly change my tune and it would make a lot of us very happy because the gaffs used in Touch can also be used in many other effects, and I'm not talking about standard DF'ers.
markthemagician
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 5, 2022, Mercury52 wrote:
Quote:
Meanwhile my touch deck got destroyed. There are no more at Penguin. If anyone has one to sell, let me know!! ????????????

A new batch is in production and will be restocked as soon as printing is complete. Printing takes a little while, but rest assured Touch is not gone forever!

Is it coming soon? I am jonesing for this trick!
danHumphrey
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
After using Any Card by Richard Sanders for so long, I had forgotten about Touch. I might have to dig this out again - there's something nice about writing the prediction in front of the spectator.
markthemagician
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 4, 2022, pegasus wrote:
How was it destroyed?

Sorry for not answering this before. It’s a stupid story actually, my wife put my hoodie in the laundry… The inside pocket of the hoodie had the deck in it….. The washing machine ate the deck and that was all she wrote
markthemagician
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Alright... I just couldn't wait any longer. I made my own "Touch" deck. It really works the same as the Penguin version.... I loved the. Penguin version, but you can indeed make your own deck if you're willing to do a little bit of arts and crafts. I've been performing it and people love it. What a great effect.
thecromulent
View Profile
Veteran user
Brooklyn, NY
343 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
It's back in stock at Penguin!
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3174 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Use a Svengali Say Stop anytime !
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2249 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
If anyone wants to pick this up, Penguin has it in their cool box today for 24% off.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9134
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Touch by Paul Curry presented by Nick Locapo (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL