The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism and magic...can they be performed together? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ace_up_sleeve79
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of ace_up_sleeve79
This is a really big problem. I've been wanting to do some mentalism effects in my routines, but I have a feeling that they won't play as big as I'd like. It feels like I have to pick one side of the street or the other. Performing mentalism after some card tricks surely decreases the potency of the mentalism effect. The spectator can just write it off as another trick. They don't know how you did it but nonetheless it's still a trick not a feat of mentalism. On the other side of the street, if you follow your mentalism routine with magic you have just lost the the faith of the spectator. All the work that you have done to this point is null and void. My question is can, and if so how do you incorporate the two together. I also understand that some PK effects do work well coupled with magic because of their visual nature but that's it. Please help!!!
Reality is just a perception!
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3223 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism and magic...can they be performed together? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL