The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Psychic Pickpocket by Nico Heinrich (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
Manchester, United Kingdom
286 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Stories with predictable endings are pretty boring, right?

Now, most mind reading effects are just like that. They think of something and the performer reveals it. The audience expects him to succeed as he calls himself a mind reader – so, there are no real surprises in the performance. You might argue that the audience can’t be 100% sure if the experiment would work or not – true, but the finale still isn’t surprising.

THE PSYCHIC PICKPOCKET offers a great solution. You will learn how to make ANY mind reading (that being a book test, peek, CT, progressive anagram etc.) more interesting and surprising. Additionally, this is the perfect framework for you to practice actual reading techniques without fear.

Available exclusively at link = www.mentalistry.com
Direct product link to The Psychic Pickpoket
Mentalistry | Providing quality material to Mentalists across the globe
www.mentalistry.com
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Any reviews of this yet?
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1572 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Looks very interesting...might get this!

Sleepy
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1263 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
This is a difficult one. Presentation is obviously essential when performing any mentalism routines and to be honest the majority of performers I know personally inject the best presentation angles and regularly astound me with their ideas. Unfortunately the blurb just doesn’t give enough detail and feels like the person who wrote it almost undermines mentalists. Now, I know that’s not the intention at all and I know there must be more to this product but what? Why should I actually buy this? I’d like to know more.
REALWORKERS.CO.UK
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2429 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
That sums up my thoughts pretty decently, Joel. The blurb doesn't provide enough information to warrant a purchase.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Nico Heinrich
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Nico Heinrich
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2017, JoelDickinson wrote:
This is a difficult one. Presentation is obviously essential when performing any mentalism routines and to be honest the majority of performers I know personally inject the best presentation angles and regularly astound me with their ideas. Unfortunately the blurb just doesn’t give enough detail and feels like the person who wrote it almost undermines mentalists. Now, I know that’s not the intention at all and I know there must be more to this product but what? Why should I actually buy this? I’d like to know more.

First of all, thank you for your interest in my work! Since TPP is a presentational framework, the presentation itself is a secret. I'll try my best to describe it some more though:

You have someone think of something (anything you want) and instead of revealing their thought as expected, you do something else. The initial thought is revealed, when nobody is expecting it anymore. With this presentation nobody will ask you "What am I thinking right now?" again. There are several variations on the core concept, including ideas on the CT, PAs and (cold) readings.

It doesn't cost a lot, so give it a shot if you're interested. I would even go as far as: Buy it - and if you hate it, you get your money back.

Much love,

Nico
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
Manchester, United Kingdom
286 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Yes, I was just about to reply but Nico summed it up pretty well. The Psychic Pickpocket is entirely presentational and so describing it exactly would give it away.

Regards,
Tom
Mentalistry | Providing quality material to Mentalists across the globe
www.mentalistry.com
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
537 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
This is not an effect; it’s a wonderful presentational tool. This principle can be applied to virtually any mentalism effect. Mentalism routines can tend to lack variety because you ask the participant to think of a piece of information, and then you reveal the information. Nico’s idea allows you to add a unique twist, allowing not only variety to the way information is revealed but also a bit of surprise as well.

I think this concept would play out beautifully on stage as well as in close up settings. This is a great idea built in to a solid script.
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
This is an absolute steal. The idea is mainly a presentational angle, however it is not to be dismissed for this reason. The premise is very interesting and provides for a credible and entertaining performance. I would recommend this to anyone looking to further their presentation of mind reading - as opposed to using the ‘think of and I’ll reveal it’ presentation.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1383 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I’ve had a look at this and it’s a very nice presentational angle for revealing a Thought.

As long as you know you’re just getting a presentational idea for presenting a thought you have found out from other methods, then you won’t be disappointed with this. Don’t buy this expecting to learn some awesome new method for learning thoughts. It’s a subtle change which really works best if you give readings. However, a couple of methods are taught which don’t require you to give a reading.

Madison
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11888 Posts

Profile of John C
OK, so I bought this. I could say a lot but there's really only one thing I could say that makes sense to me and I've said this before throughout the Café probably 4 or 5 times.

And that is.... Every idea, method, "presentational hook" doesn't need to be sold.

In other words, some things or ideas should simply be shared and thrown out into our "arena of ideas"

What more can I say. Take what I said for what it is.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
As other have pointed out, this is not a method or an effect. It is an interesting presentational angle that would suit most mind reading routines. I found the idea great and it will certainly make the effect more surprising.

I will definitely use this when the situation and audience is right. The biggest problem I have with this is that this presentation implies something that should be consistent throughout all your effects and that means it would get old rather quickly within your set. I think it's best suited if you're doing a single effect or maybe use it only on "that person that is harder to read".

I think it might be a bit overpriced, but nothing that made me feel ripped of or anything.
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
424 Posts

Profile of daver
I bought it this week. Nice idea. I was going to write something further here, but John C said it way better than I could.

Quote:
On Oct 25, 2017, John C wrote:
OK, so I bought this. I could say a lot but there's really only one thing I could say that makes sense to me and I've said this before throughout the Café probably 4 or 5 times.

And that is.... Every idea, method, "presentational hook" doesn't need to be sold.

In other words, some things or ideas should simply be shared and thrown out into our "arena of ideas"

What more can I say. Take what I said for what it is.

J
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Psychic Pickpocket by Nico Heinrich (11 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL