The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Timetrix (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ianbroadmore
View Profile
Special user
uk
634 Posts

Profile of ianbroadmore
I used to use the geneval prediction watch but to my mind it was outdated as no body carries a pocket watch nowdays. Has anybody purchased Timetrix by Bazar de Magia which seems to operate on a similar principle. In my mind its more beleiveable as a"normal" wristwatch Should I buy one ? worth the money?
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6447 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I've now handled one. It looks like a regular watch and it does just what the ad says. Remember though, it is not working watch so you can't use it to tell the correct time and you would have to have a reason if someone asks why it's not working.
Other than that, I found the effect easy to do.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Martín Pacheco
View Profile
Regular user
Argentina
103 Posts

Profile of Martín Pacheco
Quote:
On 2004-04-15 07:07, Greg Arce wrote:
I've now handled one. It looks like a regular watch and it does just what the ad says. Remember though, it is not working watch so you can't use it to tell the correct time and you would have to have a reason if someone asks why it's not working.
Other than that, I found the effect easy to do.
Greg

Dear Greg:
Thank you for your concepts on our Timetrix!, we appreciated a lot!, but let me explain you something:
I perform magic during the last 30 years and believe me, nobody asked me the time during a show, never......never!
So you don´t need to excuse for the non working watch. You simply take it out from your wrist, and before give it to the spectator, take out the stem, and move the hands a little bit. When the spectator takes the watch is normal that the hands are not in time.
Note that the watch has no seconds hand. This is because the spectator cannot see if the hands are running if there are not seconds hand.
I Hope you could understand in spite of my bad english
Thank you again!

Martin Pacheco
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6447 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Martin, I didn't mean anything bad about it, but I just wanted to tell them that the watch does not tell time. Personally, I wouldn't wear it on my wrist for this effect. I would have some sort of story built around it to explain how I got it and why it doesn't work.
It is a good product and it does exactly what your ad says it does.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Timetrix (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL