The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » JFK (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16046 Posts

Profile of tommy
For conspiracy theorists what's new?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20429 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
NOTHING that is the point.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
It will be interesting to see what, if anything, is released.

To me, most "conspiracy theories" come down to your willingness/ability to believe that a government would lie to, and/or harm it's own citizens.

I have to admit to a bit of cognitive dissonance regarding all such claims. It's terrifying to believe it's possible, but when you look at certain situations objectively it's hard to deny certain things.

For instance, I don't believe ONE WORD of the official story about 9/11. Too many things don't add up.
I'm not trying to divert the thread. My point is that when I think about it, and the implications of it being a false flag, my mind just shuts off at a certain point - it's just too horrific.

In this case, JFK was supposedly going to expose the "invisible hand" he said was in control behind the scenes, and put us back on a silver standard - ending the federal reserves control over the money supply.
The fact the he was killed a week later has got to make you question the official narrative.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2487 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Has there ever been, anytime in history, a conspiracy theory that was proven correct? Ever?
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Kind of hard to do considering who controls the evidence and the narrative.

Look at the the 9/11 commission report, which was a fluff piece that supported the official narrative. Redacted, with virtually nothing from real experts.
Look what happened shortly after - the patriot act, increased debt to fund the military, the invasion of Iraq, etc.

All because we now had "proof" that we should all be afraid.

I'm not saying conclusively that it was a false flag, but you have to admit that the only people who've really benefited are the ones who have a ve$ted interest in the perpetuation of conflicts of all kinds.

Yes, there have been hundreds of threats that have been thwarted, and there are terrorists who DO hate us; but if you believe that it's so simply black and white, us vs. them, then you're even more naive than I am.

IMO.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20429 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The entire JFK conspiracy theory is strange to me on many levels. First of all it sort of hinges on the fact that the shooting couldn't be done. We used to reenact it for every firearms class with ballistics gel. It was not too tough to get done.

Second the shear number of people who would have to be involved in the cover up would be astounding. You can't keep a secret between two people unless one is dead so that alone makes it hard to swallow.

But back a thousand years ago when I did things like research papers I did a pretty serious one on conspiracy theories. They are attractive for a lot of reasons but chief among them is that psychologically they give you either someone to join, or someone to blame. It is very satisfying for either side.

In the case of JFK it is also something special. William Manchester puts the lie to many of the conspiracy theories that surround Dallas and Kennedy. The best point he makes is this. "If you put the President of the United States on one side of a scale, and that wretched waif Oswald on the other, it doesn't balance. You want to add weight to Oswald. It would invest the Presidents death with meaning, endowing him with martyrdom. He would have died for something."

"A conspiracy would do the job nicely", writes Manchester, "unfortunately there is no evidence whatsoever that there was one."

JFK was young and was the hope of a generation. Some just NEED there to be meaning to his death instead of the whim of a lunatic. All the theories have been disproven. But their persistence is interesting.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
The entire JFK conspiracy theory is strange to me on many levels. First of all it sort of hinges on the fact that the shooting couldn't be done. We used to reenact it for every firearms class with ballistics gel. It was not too tough to get done.

Second the shear number of people who would have to be involved in the cover up would be astounding. You can't keep a secret between two people unless one is dead so that alone makes it hard to swallow.

But back a thousand years ago when I did things like research papers I did a pretty serious one on conspiracy theories. They are attractive for a lot of reasons but chief among them is that psychologically they give you either someone to join, or someone to blame. It is very satisfying for either side.

In the case of JFK it is also something special. William Manchester puts the lie to many of the conspiracy theories that surround Dallas and Kennedy. The best point he makes is this. "If you put the President of the United States on one side of a scale, and that wretched waif Oswald on the other, it doesn't balance. You want to add weight to Oswald. It would invest the Presidents death with meaning, endowing him with martyrdom. He would have died for something."

"A conspiracy would do the job nicely", writes Manchester, "unfortunately there is no evidence whatsoever that there was one."

JFK was young and was the hope of a generation. Some just NEED there to be meaning to his death instead of the whim of a lunatic. All the theories have been disproven. But their persistence is interesting.

The how of it is pretty much cut and dried as far as I'm concerned, but what you've said pretty much hinges on the assumption that the president is a power equal to, and as respected as, any other.

To some though he could be seen as a pawn who refused to accept that he was a pawn, and so must be eliminated. Look at all those who've admitted the system is broken, and promised to fix it; only to fall in line once elected.
Obama promised hope and change, and he ended up more hawkish than Bush ever was.

Your point about people needing some things to have some deeper meaning is well taken, but that doesn't mean that there isn't, in fact, something else going on in some cases. Not all, or most, but some.

As I said, it all comes down to who controls the evidence, and the narrative. When the truth is mixed with half truths, lies and propaganda - on all sides - who can tell what the real story is? Certainly not the average citizen - who doesn't need to know certain "classified" things - and who only gets bits and pieces of information; and who then can't make a truly informed decision.

It's a s#it show for sure, on many levels.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20429 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The truth is readily available. The distortions are the problem.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
I'm not saying it wasn't just a lone lunatic, but, given his speech shortly before he was killed, I can see there being another reason. Had he lived, and done what he said he was going to do, a lot of very rich and powerful people stood to lose a lot.
It would have changed everything.

I'm very curious to see what is released, but I doubt it will result in any new info.
The Hermit
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Unless there is more about Jack Ruby's connections it's useless. It all stopped with Ruby. You can ascribe a rationale to Oswald, but not really to Ruby. He is the $64,000 question.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2017, Cliffg37 wrote:
Has there ever been, anytime in history, a conspiracy theory that was proven correct? Ever?

Watergate.

The assassination of Abraham Lincoln.

Both involved not only conspiracies, but cover-ups that solid investigation has proved official historical narratives to be factually untrue.
The Hermit
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Weren't those two just straight out acts of crime where there really isn't anymore conjecture?
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
That the conspiracies were uncovered doesn't mean they weren't conspiracies. They were. I suspect that we do not know with any accuracy the real circumstances regarding Lincoln's assassination. My point is that Watergate and the Lincoln assassination show us that political conspiracies--attempting to carry out nepharious, illegal, secret activities with the intent to cover up traces of those activities--are historical fact. How about the French and Russian revolutions? They involved conspiracies, to be sure.

I think the problem here is the use of the world "conspiracy"--a perfectly decent and useful word--to mean, "hair-brained cockamamie groundless conjecture that secret forces are invisibly at work behind otherwise rationally explainable events." Perhaps we need a word for that. How about, hair-brained cockamamie groundless conjecture?

"Hey, did you know that the World Trade Center was brought down by George W Bush's administration by means of controlled demolition in order to instigate a war on terrorism."

"Dude, that's just silly hair-brained cockamamie groundless conjecture. Let me buy you another beer."

As for the JFK assassination, well, let's give it another 100 years and maybe historians will have a clearer picture than they do today.

Then again, maybe they won't.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
"Trump set to release top-secret JFK assassination files"

http://www.euronews.com/2017/10/21/trump......on-files

"JFK files: Russia denies any connection to president's assassination before release of documents"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/......301.html

"Trump backs out of promise to release all JFK docs"

http://nypost.com/2017/10/26/trump-backs......fk-docs/

"President Trump said he had 'no choice' but to withhold some of the more sensitive papers because of fears they could harm ... relationships with foreign powers."

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/jf......201.html

Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20429 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Stoney is right. A conspiracy is one thing. But when you make up a conspiracy theory when none exist it is another.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16046 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17586 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Well it looks as if someone is quoted as saying the Surgeon Generals Autopsy Report claimed shots fired from the front and the back. The throat wound was an entry wound. As a hunter using a high powered rifle ... (I had a Jap 6 Five .. Basically the same calibre rifle) since the age of 11, I can say that I've never seen an exit wound like that in my entire 63 years....Exit wounds are explosive in nature. Here is a rebuttal to another video to show both sides of this issue .. My question is this .."Why would this information be so important that it was withheld for over 50 years?" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj8vCBbkSn4

And of course ...There's Russia... https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/jf......201.html
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20429 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So you're a ballistics expert?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17586 Posts

Profile of Slim King
No .. But I've been shooting deer and elk in the head for a few decades now ... I have real world experience. I've shot game coming straight at me ..going away from me and any manner of weird directions. The logical shot from the suggested location is when the limo is coming straight at you .. NOT going away at a strange angle through the trees.... As a hunter it makes little or no sense at all.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20429 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Who said Oswald was a hunter?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » JFK (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL