The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » OPERANDI - ISSUE THREE by Joe Barry and John Cottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Modus - John
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of The Modus - John
OPERANDI - ISSUE THREE

Joe and I are pleased to say that the third edition of our card magic magazine is out now!

http://themodus.co.uk/operandi-issue-three/

Contents:

Two-card dowsing
A unique take on the card at number plot by Luke Jermay.

One for the boys #1
A impossible card find by Ross Tayler and Charlie Ordaina.

10 Commandments for attending a card session
The Operandi guide to keeping your next card session in check.

How to cheat at cards
Our guide to our favourite books on cheating at card games.

A lie detector routine
A fooling gambling effect by Joe Barry.

A conversation with Gary Plants
Gary tells us about his life in magic as well as teach two of his unpublished card effects. Gary also shares some of his tips on the best ways to practice card sleights.

Border control
A hidden secret within well known deck of cards is revealed.

Turning around and going home
Joe Barry's updated handling of the ‘Biddle trick’

The Psychological spread force
Joe's go-to card force.
Aaron Smith
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith
Ordered this earlier today, can't wait to get my hands on it.
Ross Tayler
View Profile
Regular user
Rugby, England
127 Posts

Profile of Ross Tayler
That Impossible Card Location sounds pretty nifty
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1354 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Ross, tell us a bit about it!
Ross Tayler
View Profile
Regular user
Rugby, England
127 Posts

Profile of Ross Tayler
It’s an impossible card location me and Char created years ago to mess with magicians.

Any deck, no set up and completely hands off. You can have your back turned. I’ve actually done this over Skype before.

All that said, this isn’t really for the working set, it’s called “one for the boys” because we bust it out at conventions and card jams when trying to get one over on the smart kids.

Similar to The Eagle Location from the Jinx in principle, but far more deceptive and reliable.

Not much else to it, if you’re into fun quirky card stuff you might like this. But don’t expect it to become your default method for having a card selected.

As for the rest of the contents, everything is wonderful. That it’s a relatively short magazine (fewer than 40 pages) allows Joe and John to keep standards really high. Luke’s contribution is great, and Gary Plants shares some genius pieces. The effects/methods Joe and John share are characteristically simple, devious and deceptive.

I highly recommend this.

Best wishes,

Ross.
Aaron Smith
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith
I know it's a bit cliche, but I really think these are getting better and better as each new issue comes out. Personal favourites from this issue are Joe Barry's Lie Detector routine and Ross Tayler's OFTB1. I'm a big fan of this style of card magic so hoping to see more issues in the not too distant future.
The Modus - John
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of The Modus - John
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2017, Aaron Smith wrote:
I know it's a bit cliche, but I really think these are getting better and better as each new issue comes out. Personal favourites from this issue are Joe Barry's Lie Detector routine and Ross Tayler's OFTB1. I'm a big fan of this style of card magic so hoping to see more issues in the not too distant future.

Glad you liked it Aaron. If you (or anyone else) has anything they would like to see more of in future issues let us know and we'll make it happen!
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
I for one would love to catch up on older issues (namely issue one). Not the easiest request but it would be amazing if it can be done. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » OPERANDI - ISSUE THREE by Joe Barry and John Cottle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL