The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Which are the must have Penguin Live Lecture's ? (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
baobow
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of baobow
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2018, warren wrote:
Thanks for your input I have been thinking about getting the Michael Eaton lecture as that one did appeal when I came across it, as you say we all have different needs and opinions for example I have seen Chris Randall lecture live and found it to be one of the most boring lectures I had ever been to and virtually every other magician at that lecture thought the same, in fact I was warned beforehand how bad it was by another magician friend that had saw his lecture a week earlier. He was drinking strong alcohol through out which I didn't think was very professional and spent an eternity on the hover card and his big tip on bill in lemon wasn't really revolutionary but as you quite rightly say we all have different expectations.


Hi Warren,

I wasn't too well read on Bill in Lemon methods so his additional via the use of the sharpie I thought was great. Not great to hear about his personal issues. I hope that it doesn't affect him in the long term.

Aside from the Penguin lectures, have you jumped on afew of the " At the table" lectures? ALot of the performers have done both Penguin and At the table and there is often a lot of overlap of material between the two for the same performer. Price point is good cause you pick up a AT the Table lecture for like $7.95 USD as opposed to the $29.95 USD for penguin lectures. I haven't seen too many of these, but I enjoyed Jason Ladanye and the Josh Jay Lectures. They have been highlighting many UK based performers the last few months. I have subscribed since the start of last year, but I haven't had a lot of time to see them.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3199 Posts

Profile of warren
Hey baobow, Yes I had thought about the At The Table Lectures but the Penguin ones seem better value as they are quite a bit longer, I have the Chris Congreave one but was considering the Jason Ladanye lecture so perhaps its worth my while having another look at them....Thanks for the input Smile
thomasR
View Profile
Special user
823 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Kevin James is a must have... he fully teaches floating rose, card in baloon and perrier with a twist plus ALOT more from close up to stage illusions.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3199 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2018, thomasR wrote:
Kevin James is a must have... he fully teaches floating rose, card in baloon and perrier with a twist plus ALOT more from close up to stage illusions.


Whilst Kevin is an excellent magician there's not enough to interest me on his Penguin lecture as more than 2 thirds of the lecture is geared towards stage magic where as I'm a close up performer but thanks for your input.
baobow
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of baobow
Afew extra thoughts regarding penguin lectures for you on this thread Warren

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=159
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3199 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2018, baobow wrote:
Afew extra thoughts regarding penguin lectures for you on this thread Warren

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=159



Thanks much appreciated Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8438 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Loved one of the latest from Penguin, Vinny Marini LIVE. Smile

The Godfather presents some wonderful closeup effects from his bold arsenal of tricks, PLUS his unique Coin Crimping technique. And his "Arlene The Psychic Elephant," is a wonder show piece. He's got it all in there, not to mention he's funny as heck. Smile He really connects with people via some wonderful magic.

Highly Recommended!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9421
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
mr_misdirection
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of mr_misdirection
I can't disagree with any of the mentions, I would however add Scott Alexander to the list. I love his energy and how he has fun with magic.
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
216 Posts

Profile of debjit
Greg Wilson
Peter Turner
Marc Spellmann
eetu
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of eetu
Pleasant surprises I had:
- Kevin James (real feeling of astonishment, remembered me why I started doing magic)
- Patrick Kuffs (great comedy magic, out of the box)
- Joe Barry (practical and refreshing card magic)
thomasR
View Profile
Special user
823 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2018, warren wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2018, thomasR wrote:
Kevin James is a must have... he fully teaches floating rose, card in baloon and perrier with a twist plus ALOT more from close up to stage illusions.


Whilst Kevin is an excellent magician there's not enough to interest me on his Penguin lecture as more than 2 thirds of the lecture is geared towards stage magic where as I'm a close up performer but thanks for your input.


Your loss. Perrier with a twist and floating Rose are 2 of the best close up routines ever invented.
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
Dani DaOrtiz
Dan Harlan
Oz
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
Looch.
gismo
View Profile
New user
Germany
51 Posts

Profile of gismo
Axel Hecklau
Nick Einhorn
Bruno Copin
kebmo3108
View Profile
New user
Austria
66 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
Nick Einhorn (all around strong tricks)
David Williamson (hilarious)
Paul Gordon (solid card magic)

many other good ones but these 3 popped in my mind ..
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3199 Posts

Profile of warren
I have the Williamson one and agree totally, as for Paul Gordon whilst I like and use some of his effects if you have any of Paul's dvds then there wouldn't be anything new as most of it he released many years ago.

I would be tempted with Nick Einhorns's lecture although from the reviews I read it's more of a dealer dem meaning that you need to purchase most of the items taught.
ace1323
View Profile
New user
CT
17 Posts

Profile of ace1323
Will leave out the more known names like Williamson and Malone and Josh Jay which are great (and probably the ones I go back to the most)

Would agree above with Hecklau - thought it was great and made me want to find more by him
John George was another I enjoyed, not having been familiar with him much prior
kebmo3108
View Profile
New user
Austria
66 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2018, warren wrote:
I have the Williamson one and agree totally, as for Paul Gordon whilst I like and use some of his effects if you have any of Paul's dvds then there wouldn't be anything new as most of it he released many years ago.

I would be tempted with Nick Einhorns's lecture although from the reviews I read it's more of a dealer dem meaning that you need to purchase most of the items taught.


I have a couple of Paul Gordon’s products and yes there is a huge overlap 😀 but I don’t regret the purchase of the lecture. I am doing a couple of Paul‘s tricks and I enjoy to see them in different situations as there are often little nuances which might improve your own performance of the trick.

As for Einhorns Lectures: Now that you mentioned it, ...I realized it ... there are quite a lot of tricks utilizing dealer items. But I never got such a good „trick I would love to use“ vs. „tricks for the shelf“ ratio. I basically liked every trick he did. And that is usually not the case if you are buying a lecture. He uses some well known principles and brings it to a higher level (Ring flight, Hidden Influence, Rainbow Deck,.......). I owned already a couple of the items he uses, but those are ranking among my favorite dealer items anyway (Nest of Wallets, Rainbow Deck, Ringflight, Black Tack 😃,..).I liked both , his at the table and Penguin Live lecture even though there is also quite an overlap.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3199 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2018, kebmo3108 wrote:

I have a couple of Paul Gordon’s products and yes there is a huge overlap 😀 but I don’t regret the purchase of the lecture. I am doing a couple of Paul‘s tricks and I enjoy to see them in different situations as there are often little nuances which might improve your own performance of the trick.

As for Einhorns Lectures: Now that you mentioned it, ...I realized it ... there are quite a lot of tricks utilizing dealer items. But I never got such a good „trick I would love to use“ vs. „tricks for the shelf“ ratio. I basically liked every trick he did. And that is usually not the case if you are buying a lecture. He uses some well known principles and brings it to a higher level (Ring flight, Hidden Influence, Rainbow Deck,.......). I owned already a couple of the items he uses, but those are ranking among my favorite dealer items anyway (Nest of Wallets, Rainbow Deck, Ringflight, Black Tack 😃,..).I liked both , his at the table and Penguin Live lecture even though there is also quite an overlap.


I have both Nick's Nest of Wallets and Ringflight which both came with dvd's so think I'll hold back, they were good suggestions though so thanks for your contribution.
thomasbmikkelsen
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of thomasbmikkelsen
David Williamson
Howard Hamburg
Lennart Green
Rocco Solano
Eugene Burger
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Which are the must have Penguin Live Lecture's ? (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL