The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » RFA Wallet by Tony Miller (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2020, music wrote:
Hi Tony, any chance you can make one without the zipper on it?

Yes.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2017, RedDevil wrote:
Https://youtu.be/GP3ifupRMBk

I am an amateur, but that makes my point. Look at how quick this thing is. I can only imagine what someone who knows what he is doing can do with this!

I stumbled on this today (I had forgotten I did this), and it made me think of Tony and Rose and of course, Tony's wallet creations. I "met" them on the Internet back in the mid 90s, and they have always been a great encourager to me in magic. I carried the BKM hipshot with me everywhere, and I was so proud of that thing. I still have it.

I have others who have spent time with me and have rarely asked for anything in return: Bob Klase from the 90's and the now defunct MagicTalk.com and Winter Carnival of Magic, and recently, Peter Turner, Michael Murray, and a few "green board" people here. Tony and Rose fit that mold as well.

All of us have been helped or encouraged by someone in Magic/Mentalism, and it is my hope that we then pay it forward to others. Keeping it going.

May 2021 be a blessed one for you all...

P.S. Tony is a mad genius...Smile
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Hey RedDevil, not all of us had forgotten about that video. It was the first thing that came to my mind when I read your recent post about Brent Braun’s FPS Wallet. In fact I was going to ask you if Brent’s had replaced this wallet for you but I couldn’t remember the name of this wallet. RFA, FPS, BKM, COP...who can keep them all straight? 😃

Nice to know that even mentalists can be addicted to C2W wallets.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2021, videoman wrote:
Hey RedDevil, not all of us had forgotten about that video. It was the first thing that came to my mind when I read your recent post about Brent Braun’s FPS Wallet. In fact I was going to ask you if Brent’s had replaced this wallet for you but I couldn’t remember the name of this wallet. RFA, FPS, BKM, COP...who can keep them all straight? 😃

Glad you liked the video!

Well, the RFA could not be an EDC in my opinion. It is a very well engineered prop/tool with tech like no other wallet I have ever seen that would be handled in a different way than an every day carry. I would say that the RFA is designed for use only when you are doing magic or mentalism, which is common for most pros and their props I would think.

The two advantages I would see in carrying it professionally (I am not a professional) is the quickness of the load and no reset. You just put it in your pocket, and it is ready to go. It is not, however, a wallet I would allow spectators to hold, and they cannot see both sides of the wallet. To be fair (and ironically), I haven't played much with the peek idea on this. If you know about Tony Miller, he is a very creative and talented engineer of ideas, and this wallet demonstrates that. I know he updated the badger with this tech, but I haven't held it in my hands.

I also carried Tony's speed loader wallet for a long time (I have two of them, and one of them is a Real Man's Speed Loader that I will never part with), and I about wore the leather into nothing on the first one. If you are looking for fast, smooth, easy, slim, and no frills, I love it. It also carries bank notes. With the gamb4444 c-p or p8lm, it is a dream to the back pocket with the proper set up.

Like many of you, I have many wallets in my drawer, and they are like my pets. I probably could have sold them by now, but I probably won't (that's not a comparison to pets). I don't know why. Well, yes I do. Smile
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
MaXiMoN
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
125 Posts

Profile of MaXiMoN
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2021, RedDevil wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2021, videoman wrote:

Glad you liked the video!

Well, the RFA could not be an EDC in my opinion. It is a very well engineered prop/tool with tech like no other wallet I have ever seen that would be handled in a different way than an every day carry. I would say that the RFA is designed for use only when you are doing magic or mentalism, which is common for most pros and their props I would think.

The two advantages I would see in carrying it professionally (I am not a professional) is the quickness of the load and no reset. You just put it in your pocket, and it is ready to go. It is not, however, a wallet I would allow spectators to hold, and they cannot see both sides of the wallet. To be fair (and ironically), I haven't played much with the peek idea on this. If you know about Tony Miller, he is a very creative and talented engineer of ideas, and this wallet demonstrates that. I know he updated the badger with this tech, but I haven't held it in my hands.

I also carried Tony's speed loader wallet for a long time (I have two of them, and one of them is a Real Man's Speed Loader that I will never part with), and I about wore the leather into nothing on the first one. If you are looking for fast, smooth, easy, slim, and no frills, I love it. It also carries bank notes. With the gamb4444 c-p or p8lm, it is a dream to the back pocket with the proper set up.

I'm considering a new C2W
but I'm hesitant between Real Man's Speed Loader and FPS

I love card to wallet inside dollar bill attached to a paper clip (possible with RMSLoader)
but Im not sure if its possible with FPS wallet

Thoughts?
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I love my RFA wallet and I love the Badger! Tony Miller is RFA!
Bob777
View Profile
New user
Norfolk, England
27 Posts

Profile of Bob777
I am a big fan of the RFA wallet. I am not a card man per se but have always had a thing about card to envelope in a wallet. This wallet showed me that you don't need an envelope because the load is so quick and fumble free that it just seems impossible to the spectator that you were able to get the card inside a zippered wallet so quickly.

Tony very kindly and generously spent some time on the phone with me after I purchased the RFA so you will receive excellent customer service if you buy one. I recommend that you do! Oh, and it smells gorgeous too. There is so much more I could say about how the wallet changed my whole CTW approach but suffice to say I am passionately in love with some leather and some stitching.
Magic is a hook on which you hang your personality
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
I don't do a lot of card magic, but I do love wallets. Especially really well made wallets that work flawlessly. A year or so ago, after watching a demo video posted earlier in this thread I bought the RFA wallet. It is really great! The way Tony has designed it, the RFA works amazingly well. It could not be easier to do what needs to be done, and it works so smoothly...every time. The RFA is a high-quality, very well designed and very well made wallet. I also love the way this wallet smells Smile

Fantastic job, Tony!

LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Watching the videos, this looks amazing. My biggest hurdle with card to wallet has been the load, and I’ve bought most everything, speedloader, Orphic, fps, etc. I currently use FPS, but with JPV’s Card Collector so it’s no palm.

I’m so tempted to pull the trigger on this one. Question, though I’m sure I know the answer. Is it examinable? (Sorry if it’s been asked and answered, I went through the thread and didn’t see it)
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
I am glad you all have enjoyed my kids!
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I wouldn’t let anyone examine my real wallet, let alone a gimmicked one.
Don Wand
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Don Wand
Quote:
On May 8, 2023, LeoTheJet wrote:
Watching the videos, this looks amazing. My biggest hurdle with card to wallet has been the load, and I’ve bought most everything, speedloader, Orphic, fps, etc. I currently use FPS, but with JPV’s Card Collector so it’s no palm.

I’m so tempted to pull the trigger on this one. Question, though I’m sure I know the answer. Is it examinable? (Sorry if it’s been asked and answered, I went through the thread and didn’t see it)

I would say pull the trigger.
I have one and I Love it fast and easy. I have 2 different card 2 wallets. And this is one of the 2 of the best I have purchased!
As someone stated why would you let someone examine your wallet?? If your even thinking that question you need to have more confidence in yourself and practice more. Best Wishes
Don Wand "
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Fair point. Just like to know what I’m getting is all. I use the F1 nitro sometimes, and love the reveal, just don’t love that I can’t show the back afterward.

I’m looking for real magic, guys. Is that too much to ask? Sheesh. Lol
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Nonetheless, I will most likely pull the trigger next today if there’s one still available. Thanks!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
I definitely understand the desire to have something like a wallet be examinable. I agree with David Numen that there is no need to have a wallet be examinable, but I will confess that sometimes it is fun to be able to set a prop down on the the table with full confidence the person you are performing for could pick it up if they wanted to and examine it to their hearts content and not find anything. Again, not necessary at all, just sometimes fun to do, when the circumstances and method allow.

In the case of the RFA wallet, as others have confirmed it is not examinable. That said, this in no way detracts from the impact it has or its usefulness. It works so fast and so smoothly the effect looks like real magic. Once the routine is done, pop it back into your pocket and hand them their signed card. The RFA is truly a thing of beauty Smile

Don Wand
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Don Wand
Quote:
On May 8, 2023, LeoTheJet wrote:
Fair point. Just like to know what I’m getting is all. I use the F1 nitro sometimes, and love the reveal, just don’t love that I can’t show the back afterward.

I’m looking for real magic, guys. Is that too much to ask? Sheesh. Lol

I really like the RFA wallet a lot it works for me. But if you have doubts maybe it's not for you! The real magic is in the hands of the magician. And Loving the wallet your using. The Best magic is something your going to perform with and be Happy. Don't pressure yourself if your not positive!
Best Wishes

Don Wand"
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Quote:
On May 8, 2023, Stunninger wrote:
I definitely understand the desire to have something like a wallet be examinable. I agree with David Numen that there is no need to have a wallet be examinable, but I will confess that sometimes it is fun to be able to set a prop down on the the table with full confidence the person you are performing for could pick it up if they wanted to and examine it to their hearts content and not find anything. Again, not necessary at all, just sometimes fun to do, when the circumstances and method allow.

In the case of the RFA wallet, as others have confirmed it is not examinable. That said, this in no way detracts from the impact it has or its usefulness. It works so fast and so smoothly the effect looks like real magic. Once the routine is done, pop it back into your pocket and hand them their signed card. The RFA is truly a thing of beauty Smile

Thanks Stunninger, I appreciate this comment. This is all I was asking. Curious if it was examinable. Not examinable isn’t a deal breaker, I’ve never been afraid to perform with a gimmicked wallet. I have many. From the video it looked like it might be examinable so I was just asking, as that would be another amazing aspect. I don’t expect a spectator to run away with my wallet so I wouldn’t be opposed to hand it out and ask them to verify that it’s sealed. That said, the load itself already looks incredible and is already the selling point that’s going to help me lose my money.

Don Wand, I was just being facetious in my last post. I’ll most likely take the plunge if it’s still available next paycheck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » RFA Wallet by Tony Miller (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL