The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Modern Flap Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3283 Posts

Profile of takeachance
These just came up on the Penguin site. Looks interesting. The only issue is I think it's only an instructional DVD and not a pre made item. I hope I'm wrong and it's both made up card and how to DVD. Can anyone clarify.

"The Flap Card was first introduced in 1922, in Professor R. Kunard's Book of Card Tricks. In the decades since, it has become a staple in the routines of magicians worldwide, used to produce all sorts of stunning effects. However, limitations of the original 1922 design constrain these performances: magicians must precisely position their audience, keep constant pressure on the card surface, and perform tricks almost immediately after setup for best results.

Over many months of extensive research, Hondo has refined the Flap Card design to allow for faster flips and the near-complete elimination of fold lines and uneven surfaces. This means that you (yes, YOU) will be able to perform for audiences on all sides AND up close, with any type of card you'd like: the design looks great on Aces, number cards, and blank cards alike. Not only that, but Hondo's specialized locking mechanism will allow you to hold a flip, hands-free, and release it whenever you're ready. And the most exciting news: you will now be able to flip the same card TWICE, showing a total of three different surfaces to stun and amaze your audience.

In this series of instructional videos, Hondo will teach you how to make your own improved Flap Cards. You will learn how to select the best materials for the project, and he will take you step-by-step through the techniques required to assemble basic Flap Cards, seamless Flap Cards, seamless two-flip Flap Cards, locking mechanisms, and more, all accompanied by simple explanations and clear demonstrations. These are guaranteed to turn you into a true Flap Card master!"

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S23989
Hondo
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of Hondo
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2017, takeachance wrote:
These just came up on the Penguin site. Looks interesting. The only issue is I think it's only an instructional DVD and not a pre made item. I hope I'm wrong and it's both made up card and how to DVD. Can anyone clarify.

"The Flap Card was first introduced in 1922, in Professor R. Kunard's Book of Card Tricks. In the decades since, it has become a staple in the routines of magicians worldwide, used to produce all sorts of stunning effects. However, limitations of the original 1922 design constrain these performances: magicians must precisely position their audience, keep constant pressure on the card surface, and perform tricks almost immediately after setup for best results.

Over many months of extensive research, Hondo has refined the Flap Card design to allow for faster flips and the near-complete elimination of fold lines and uneven surfaces. This means that you (yes, YOU) will be able to perform for audiences on all sides AND up close, with any type of card you'd like: the design looks great on Aces, number cards, and blank cards alike. Not only that, but Hondo's specialized locking mechanism will allow you to hold a flip, hands-free, and release it whenever you're ready. And the most exciting news: you will now be able to flip the same card TWICE, showing a total of three different surfaces to stun and amaze your audience.

In this series of instructional videos, Hondo will teach you how to make your own improved Flap Cards. You will learn how to select the best materials for the project, and he will take you step-by-step through the techniques required to assemble basic Flap Cards, seamless Flap Cards, seamless two-flip Flap Cards, locking mechanisms, and more, all accompanied by simple explanations and clear demonstrations. These are guaranteed to turn you into a true Flap Card master!"

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S23989

Oh! They are all pre-made. The description is wrong.

Hondo
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3283 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Cool, that's what I was hoping. If you get the triple change J Q K are they all the same suit so you could use it as an out
danskefogden
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of danskefogden
I bought 5 pcs. all broke after some performance.
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
Does the instructional come as well? Or just the premade cards?
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1501 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
There is a thread about this effect already.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=380
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Modern Flap Card (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL