The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Demagogy: Modern Metaphysical Mentalism by Elijah Barlow (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Richard Webster
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Richard Webster
Demagogy: Modern Metaphysical Mentalism by Elijah Barlow is aimed at people who are interested in working in the metaphysical, spiritual, occult, and New Age markets. It covers all the various aspects of psychic work, including readings, rituals, talks, and full programs. The main focus of all the material in this book is the client, rather than the performer. The ultimate aim is to make the clients realize their full potential and feel positive about their lives. Everything in the book is done for real.

Several rituals are described in detail. I particularly liked The Azonic Pendulum, in which everyone makes an impromptu pendulum and uses it to receive answers to their questions. At the same time, the performer learns information that can be used later, possibly while doing Q & A.

I am not aware of any other book on this subject. The author has made his living in this field since he was a young man. I recommend it highly to anyone interested in working in the metaphysical sphere.
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
Very interesting... where is it possible to find it?
Richard Webster
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Thanks for reminding me. I think it's currently available only from the author. You can buy it by sending $US85.00 by PayPal to elijahbarlowpsychic@gmail.com
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1039 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
Thanks Richard - Ive emailed Elijah.
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
PWB
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of PWB
I received this book a couple of weeks ago and it open up a completely different outlook on Mental performing. Instead of just doing a trick to amaze and mystify your audience, this shift in performing allows you to make a much more meaningful connection with your audience. This outlook is completely centered on the client. My thanks to the author in covering this type of subject so well
Gumar Oz DuBar
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Gumar Oz DuBar
This sounds interesting. Can we get a table of contents?
I write and edit text.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2017, Gumar Oz DuBar wrote:
This sounds interesting. Can we get a table of contents?

+1
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
That sounds really exciting, exactly the kind of thing I like to do!
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Richard Webster
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Table of Contents:

Introduction

- What this book is about and who it is written for
- How to properly use the information, effects, and non-effects in this book

Section 1 - Understanding the Metaphysical Markets and Psychic Readings

- The metaphysical markets
- Venues and gigs
- Understanding oracles
- Creating a metaphysical program
- Understanding how to give a basic psychic reading (the Demagogy)
- Ideas to implement in readings and during programs
- General tips and advice for business

Section 2 - Effects and Non-Effects

- Defining non-effects
- Using effects in the metaphysical communities
- The azonic pendulum
- Psychological rose force reading
- Gemstone psychometry
- Tarot spirit communication answers
- Psychic equivocation and first-try gambits
- Crystal color flame question answering
- Energy cloud ritual
- Svengali reading
- Turning procedure and process into ritual and exercise
- Receiving your own mantra
- Negative energy locator exercise
- Group energy healing
- Pendulum answering

Credits and inspirations for effect

Recommended reading/study material
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Thank you, Richard.
Gumar Oz DuBar
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Thanks. This looks good.
I write and edit text.
Natural Mystic
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
509 Posts

Profile of Natural Mystic
Psicast ep 21 Bill Montana, Robert Marsi

Psicast ep 21 where we take a closer look at the new book
Demagogy: Modern Metaphysical Mentalism from Elijah Barlow

"You never change the existing reality by
fighting it. Instead, create a new model that
makes the old one obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Does anyone who purchased this wish to say anything about it?
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Shot in the dark, but if one had to choose between this and Bill Montana’s DVD “Guru,” do folks here find one preferable over the other? Looks like they both have a common theme, and similar prices. Both look quite fascinating and practical.
Gumar Oz DuBar
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 12, 2017, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Does anyone who purchased this wish to say anything about it?

I think that most of the people that purchased it don't go on the Café.
I write and edit text.
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1039 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
Here's my review

I bought this book and have so far read halfway through it.

I have no affiliation with Elijah and I get no benefit out of writing this review.

In terms of where I perform, I work exclusively in the metaphysical space online. Doing group sessions over zoom and reading tarot cards over Skype.

Overall my thoughts on this book are as follows:

If you like the works of Jerome Finley, Neil Scryer, and Richard Webster then you are gonna love this! It truly takes you into the mind of a real metaphysical worker. There are no pipe dreams, just ideas grounded in experience and routines that will have a real effect on your audience.

In terms of the contents

Section 1 is all-out understanding the metaphysical market. Elijah gives you some great advice about how to approach this market - which, if you are going to work this market, is golden because if you are found out to be someone that is using deception then your reputation is burnt.

He gives some great advice on how to put together “programs” which I guess would be a show in mentalist terms and provides some tips and suggestions on what to include.

Then he goes on to describe how he gets his clients and the different places you can find them. There are some great ideas here and really adds to what Richard Webster wrote about in “king of the small towns”

In terms of effects, there are lots to chew through. Firstly though Elijah makes the distinction that when presenting to metaphysical crowds everything should be a non-affect and should be all about the participant having an experience rather than you showing your skills.

The effects themselves have a flavor of Neil Scryer type stuff - however, in this book Elijah goes through all the subtitles that make them work and how to handle different scenarios.

All in all its a great read packed with lots of useful information that will help you enter the metaphysical market with ease.
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 20, 2017, Smoking Camel wrote:
Here's my review

I bought this book and have so far read halfway through it.

I have no affiliation with Elijah and I get no benefit out of writing this review.

In terms of where I perform, I work exclusively in the metaphysical space online. Doing group sessions over zoom and reading tarot cards over Skype.

Overall my thoughts on this book are as follows:

If you like the works of Jerome Finley, Neil Scryer, and Richard Webster then you are gonna love this! It truly takes you into the mind of a real metaphysical worker. There are no pipe dreams, just ideas grounded in experience and routines that will have a real effect on your audience.

In terms of the contents

Section 1 is all-out understanding the metaphysical market. Elijah gives you some great advice about how to approach this market - which, if you are going to work this market, is golden because if you are found out to be someone that is using deception then your reputation is burnt.

He gives some great advice on how to put together “programs” which I guess would be a show in mentalist terms and provides some tips and suggestions on what to include.

Then he goes on to describe how he gets his clients and the different places you can find them. There are some great ideas here and really adds to what Richard Webster wrote about in “king of the small towns”

In terms of effects, there are lots to chew through. Firstly though Elijah makes the distinction that when presenting to metaphysical crowds everything should be a non-affect and should be all about the participant having an experience rather than you showing your skills.

The effects themselves have a flavor of Neil Scryer type stuff - however, in this book Elijah goes through all the subtitles that make them work and how to handle different scenarios.

All in all its a great read packed with lots of useful information that will help you enter the metaphysical market with ease.

Thank you!
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Tony how can I contact you?

please PM if you can
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Psy
Is this still available?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 7, 2017, Psy wrote:
Is this still available?

I learned today that it just became available in paperback at Lulu. I do not have the link.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Demagogy: Modern Metaphysical Mentalism by Elijah Barlow (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL