The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Psychic Match Divination Devin Knight (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
442 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
Here is a new close-up psychic trick, using a new method, not used before to create this type of effect. You do this using a short tube cut from a regular opaque straw. It is ungimmicked. Also three ordinary wooden matches are colored to give you three different colored match sticks, red, blue and green. The matches sticks are all the same length.
One of the three different colored matches is placed into the straw tube behind the performer's back. The performer caps his thumb and first finger over each end of the straw tube and holds the same to his forehead.

He instantly names the color of the match stick within the straw tube. The effect can instantly be repeated with a different match! Nothing looks like a magic prop, just ordinary everyday items, which is the way it was designed.

straw is opaque and color can't be seen through it
no sleights
no magnets or weights in the matches
no secret peeks of any kind
one-man effect
Can be done surrounded under any conditions. Do this with any three wooden matches and an ungimmicked straw. A mystifying close-up psychic effect that will puzzle many magicians. Don't let the low price fool you, the secret is ingenious.
BONUS: Includes a GAG BIT for smokers using the props.

This match trick has fooled every magician I have showed it to. This is a great trick to pass the wife test. Magicians complain that they can't fool their wives. This trick will fool your wife! In fact, take it to your next magic club meeting, and I doubt any magician can figure out how you did it, unless he bought my PDF.

Very interesting sounds - someone has experience with this trick?

I had experience with a similar trick - but I hope the methods are different. It would be interesting to hear any thoughts. Smile
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Does DK have a website he sells his items on [?]

Or does anyone have a link to the best place for someone in the UK to look at his stuff/buy it [?]
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
442 Posts

Hi Duster!
As far as I know, he has a contract with www.lybrary.com
I have a large collection of his materials - bought exactly there.

https://www.lybrary.com/psychic-match-di......985.html

I'm thinking about the method. I would like to ask only one question to the owners. And then I understand - this is an old or new method for me.

David is an excellent writer. His description of the effect - always makes me buy his product Smile
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
bobmag56
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of bobmag56
Does the effect come ready to perform or does one need to construct something?
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
442 Posts

Since this book - you yourself will have to build this simple trick. Smile
At least to paint matches - so it seems to me.
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Psychic Match Divination Devin Knight (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL