The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » More question on concealed carry (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Drylid
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Drylid
Speaking as a native Texan, you'd be surprised by how few people actually concealed carry in most areas. We also aren't all gun toting cowboys. In concealed carry training most instructors tell you your goal is to GET OUT, not engage. Because if you do, there will be court dates, legal matters, you will be going into jail etc. It doesn't matter if you were doing it do save people, there are still negative things that will happen to you. That and the actual concealed training is like...2 days? and very few people actually continue going to ranges to become highly proficient with the fire arms. I myself am a Texas knife guy, carry a katana with me everywhere it is allowed... jk..though it is legal to do so now. Also as a side note, most of us own rifles as well as shot guns for hunting and taking care of Texas sized critters, not people.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8511 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2019, Drylid wrote:
That and the actual concealed training is like...2 days? and very few people actually continue going to ranges to become highly proficient with the fire arms. I

Shouldn't that be the other way around? Maybe if folks had to be proficient before getting a permit, maybe a person carrying a firearm would be a psychological deterrent.
The again, real proficiency in driving a car is not required to get a license either.

Judging by the way people drive , willing breaking the law and placing their immediate need/want above the safety of others ,makes me more afraid of CC folks than a potential terrorist.

I hold my Constitutional right to be safe in my person and property dearly. Keep your gun at home if you must have one. Protect your home. Leave me alone.
At least if I see a person with visual carry I can cross the street.

Yes, I have a pump shotgun at home with slugs. Doesn't belong anywhere else.
Instead of "Proficiency" I have a laser sight. Even my mostly blind wife can blow a guy's n**s off. At home if someone breaks in. Home!

Concealed Carry? Still waiting for evidence or reason there ...
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19733 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
There we have it finally. Some honesty about your agenda. Thank you.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15746 Posts

Profile of tommy
The way I see it is, it makes no difference to the blind.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
8511 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
There we have it finally. Some honesty about your agenda. Thank you.

Agenda? I simply was looking for evidence that might change my mind about the validity of CC.
How was I ever not honest about that? Your suggestion that I was not honest is insulting and unwarranted.
Your suggestion that I have some hidden agenda is worse. Maybe you have never dealt with an honest person before.

I am still asking the same honest question. Please provide evidence that CC has validity over open carry or no carry.

I am open to learn. Always have been. So, I ask questions.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19733 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Hardly. You ask ridiculously impossible questions on purpose so there is no danger of changing your mind. I prefer you finally admitting wanting others to keep their guns at home.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
8511 Posts

Profile of funsway
No, Danny - thank you for admitting that providing validity for CC and open carry is impossible.

Finally? Over the last decade on the Café' I have posted numerous times about people keeping their lack of responsibility at home. Not just guns.
I have little problem with those demonstrating a need for a handgun on their job or a rifle while hunting game --
or dogs on a leash, or drivers who know what a double-yellow line means, or well behaved kids --
but against a boom-box in a restaurant or trumpet in a campground or folks 'accidentally' flashing their side-cannon in a grocery store.

Nothing new for me.

Change my mind? Years ago I got rid of all of my guns - not hunting any more. Then, based on articles on the Internet and personal conversations I decided to have some home protection.
Asking questions as above guided me in the selection of fire arm, ammo and placement in my home.

Yup, I will continue to ask questions. Nothing hew for me.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19733 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2019, funsway wrote:
No, Danny - thank you for admitting that providing validity for CC and open carry is impossible.

Your comprehension skills need serious work. OR (Which is the most likely.) you are being intentionally obtuse.

I said that the silly requirements YOU put forth for changing your mind are impossible. You want someone to first prove that a person decided to NOT do something. THEN as if it already wasn't tough enough to prove you want them to prove WHY they didn't take said action.

You know full well either of these are impossible to "prove" and added together they certainly can not be proven. You want someone to first prove a negative. Not easy. THEN figure out the operation of someone else's mind! So we have to figure out why a guy DIDN'T do something! THEN and only then will you admit cc permits have validity in your mind.

You INTENTIONALLY put forth impossible conditions so that there is no chance of a mind switch on your part, and you can lean back and pretend you are the smartest guy in the room with an "open mind". Nobody is fooled. You want to pretend to ask brilliant questions and be inquisitive, but it is nothing but a reinforcement of your agenda. If you are insulted by being called on doing these things I can only suggest you stop doing these things. You doing them and thinking nobody will notice is insulting. You do it all the time.

I agree nothing new for you.

As for your silly question we don't live in a vacuum. If we could test it by passing a law and doing not a single other thing then we might have a data sample. But when a law is passed often MANY other things are at play. Economic and social factors play into crime statistics for example so when these things change it affects the efficacy of the cc law.

Have YOU ever been shot at by someone with a cc permit? Your question is about a cc permit and you seem SO upset about those who have them. Did YOU or anyone you know ever get shot by someone with a cc permit? Has any of the mass shootings been committed by a cc permit holder? Is it people with a cc permit shooting over 300 people a year in Chicago?

You seem focused on people who have weapons legally and I am not so sure they are the ones committing all the violence. Let me know when you can.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mr Salk
View Profile
Elite user
Tied to
493 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2019, funsway wrote:

I am still asking the same honest question. Please provide evidence that CC has validity over open carry or no carry.

I am open to learn. Always have been. So, I ask questions.

I prefer CC to open-carry. I don't want folks crossing the street when I walk by. I don't want to be harassed by regular-folks or blind-sided by thugs.
I only CC in areas where I feel myself or family might be in possible physical-danger (hiking, small towns, road-trips). Pretty much the same reason people are armed at home.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19733 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The problem I have is when others want to project their fears on everyone.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mr Salk
View Profile
Elite user
Tied to
493 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
The problem I have is when others want to project their fears on everyone.

Like open-carry?

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19733 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Never thought of it that way specifically.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
8511 Posts

Profile of funsway
Well Danny, you have outdone yourself

3 false claims of what I said

4 assumptions not possibly baed on anything I posted

3 conclusions based on your misanalysis rather than my posts

2 paragraphs dragging the thread off into the swamp on issues not part of the thread except by your invention.

But, the answer to two of your pointed questions about CC is "yes." You figure out which ones.

Such fun.

Using your own statement, if my posts bother you, quit reading them.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19733 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Hilariously childish for an old man.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2697 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
"What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish occasionally?" - The Doctor
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
Drylid
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Drylid
16 days till brass knuckles are legal here in texas again to carry daily. lol
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » More question on concealed carry (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL