The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peek Wallets (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
garyogden1957
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Having just bought my first wallet (Complete Peek Wallet by Tony Miller) I was a little disappointed in the video as it never showed any routines. Does anyone know of any online videos I could use please?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11565 Posts

Profile of John C
Have them write on a card. Hide it. Guess with a little acting what they wrote. Then come up with some ideas. What's your favorite color? Dob? Credit card number code?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
garyogden1957
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2018, John C wrote:
Have them write on a card. Hide it. Guess with a little acting what they wrote. Then come up with some ideas. What's your favorite color? Dob? Credit card number code?

Many thanks.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1408 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2018, garyogden1957 wrote:
Having just bought my first wallet (Complete Peek Wallet by Tony Miller) I was a little disappointed in the video as it never showed any routines. Does anyone know of any online videos I could use please?

A drawing duplication is one of my favorite routines. It's much easier to perceive a simple drawing in a second or two than other types of information, for me anyway.
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
I read somewhere that self-promotion is frowned upon... but if you want a DIY wallet peek device, which works like a charm, won't break the bank, is easy to use, and looks like a normal wallet, word has it that Lord Elrond possesses one such device: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=P1yhCddyO64
;)
glennn
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of glennn
I've never owned a peek device previously, but am in the process of choosing a peek wallet, now. At the moment I'm leaning towards Blink, but I don't know what I don't know. As someone who hasn't purchased one before, is there any advice on how to choose between the many options? Are there options that would be easier for me, as a beginner to use? Other factors (other than the obvious price) I should consider? How does one choose between all the options? The more I explore the more overwhelming the choice seems! Any advice?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18243 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Make a list of the functions you need, then compare them against the wallets... All of them have been reviewed here...

BLINK is excellent if you just need a case, not a wallet, and to focus on one thing.

Some people insist on using a special wallet as their everyday wallet, but that's an individual motivation and not something you need to follow...
glennn
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of glennn
Thanks for the advice.
garyogden1957
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
I'm selling one.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
Which one are you selling and why?
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1408 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
As someone who has purchased about 45 or so wallets, many of which I love and think are quite clever, but now no longer use any of them, may I suggest you look into Underhanded by Atlas Brookings? This wonderful full business card peek does not require a wallet, and you can do it with only a small stack of business cards. In my opinion, Underhanded is as good as it gets. I spent a lot on wallets. Each one I was excited about at first, but then the excitement wore off. I have now used Underhanded more than any of the wallets.

I do understand you are asking for advice on a wallet. I'm just suggesting you may consider thinking outside the wallet.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11565 Posts

Profile of John C
I'm selling one. Espionage
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
glennn
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of glennn
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2019, Stunninger wrote:
As someone who has purchased about 45 or so wallets, many of which I love and think are quite clever, but now no longer use any of them, may I suggest you look into Underhanded by Atlas Brookings? This wonderful full business card peek does not require a wallet, and you can do it with only a small stack of business cards. In my opinion, Underhanded is as good as it gets. I spent a lot on wallets. Each one I was excited about at first, but then the excitement wore off. I have now used Underhanded more than any of the wallets.

I do understand you are asking for advice on a wallet. I'm just suggesting you may consider thinking outside the wallet.

Thanks for that advice. I'm definitely interested in other peek options, outside of a wallet. I'll look into this. Thanks for others' advice and comments, too.
garyogden1957
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2019, aligator wrote:

Complete Peek Wallet by Tony Miller. Simply I don't do as much magic as I used to do.
CGould
View Profile
New user
Canada
64 Posts

Profile of CGould
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2019, garyogden1957 wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2019, aligator wrote:

Complete Peek Wallet by Tony Miller. Simply I don't do as much magic as I used to do.

I may be interested, PM me price? I was looking into getting that exact wallet for my own amusement.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1252 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
With all the wallets out there I'm just thinking it's time to bring back the CT.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
PASCAL
View Profile
Loyal user
France
238 Posts

Profile of PASCAL
Docc Hilford showed me a very Nice solution for a peek wallet !
Simple, unique, cheap, and so good
PAscal
453rob
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of 453rob
I am intrigued by all the peek wallets that are mentioned and reviewed. I'm trying to justify to spend any money on a wallet. I highly recommend Humint by Phill Smith. It is a fun effect to do and Phill teaches a very good peek with business cards alone. No wallet needed. You can use this peek for any revelation, drawing duplications etc. It's a bit gutsy but absolutely glorious.
garyogden1957
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
I have the Complete Peek Wallet by Tony Miller for sale.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1408 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2019, 453rob wrote:
I am intrigued by all the peek wallets that are mentioned and reviewed. I'm trying to justify to spend any money on a wallet. I highly recommend Humint by Phill Smith. It is a fun effect to do and Phill teaches a very good peek with business cards alone. No wallet needed. You can use this peek for any revelation, drawing duplications etc. It's a bit gutsy but absolutely glorious.

If you are happy with the peek taught in Humint, and it meets your needs, I would suggest sticking with that and not spending money on a wallet. The reason I say this is, over the course of several years I spent a lot of money on many different wallets. I liked most of the wallets at first, but after a while I would start looking for something "better". This cycle repeated over and over. Peek wallets are a bit of a rabbit hole for some, including me (in the past). I sold off most of my wallets, and now use a couple of different business card peeks.

If you are looking to explore other ways of getting information secretly, rather than look to wallets, I highly recommend Switchcraft by Elliot Bresler, if you don't already have it. There is enough material (including peeks) to keep you busy for many years. Switchcraft is the mentalism bargain of a lifetime.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peek Wallets (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL