The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peek Wallets (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2500 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
My advice isn’t necessarily to avoid buying a wallet. Rather, my best advice is to first learn one or two peaks, a switch, and maybe a nice center tear. If after that you still want to get a wallet, then go right ahead. The reason is, it is only at that point that you will know whether or not you need a peek wallet.

I have several peak wallets, all of which I use. However, in most performing environments I end up using business card style standard peeks. The number of times that a wallet peek is the best way to go certainly seems to be the exception to the rule--but it does happen.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
453rob, I checked out the business card peek from Humint and agree it is, as you say, "gutsy but absolutely glorious". Quite nice! Thanks for the suggestion.
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1233 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Specifically wallets... I always loved my original Thought Transmitters. Beautiful. But then there seemed to be some sort of problem with the battery and it was discontinued. The TT2 was a serious disappointment. Yes, I like the SUC, but as somebody pointed out earlier in this discussion, you will go through many, many different types. I had all but given up, but then I got my hands on Blink, by Looch. It is ingenious, and - important for me because I really only do corporate - it is high quality leather, designer badged; it looks like an expensive, quality business card wallet that would sit beside your Rolex watch. BUT it contains an ingenious - and I don't use that word lightly - principle that I simply LOVE. In my opinion, it blows the MindSpy, the Thought Transmitter and so on right out the water.
453rob
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of 453rob
Stunninger, thanks for your comments. Phill does a performance of some of his effects on the Alakazam Vlog. This includes Humint. This effect has floored people because it is short and unexpected and funny. I bought all of his tricks.
https://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Alaka......ial.html
mich77
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of mich77
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2018, IAIN wrote:
Ultimate network tool gets my vote as you can hack it to do other stuff if you wanna...and it looks just like it should, a small business card case. And I also am very, very fond of khan envelopes too...


Interesting! I have one. Is it possible to have more details about that?

Quote:
On Feb 21, 2019, PASCAL wrote:
Docc Hilford showed me a very Nice solution for a peek wallet !
Simple, unique, cheap, and so good
PAscal



This solution is published in any book/video?

I prefer, if I choose to p**k via a wallet, to have a multipurpose one that looks like a normal wallet. For this reason I have HOW and SAW (more a business card wallet) that I love.
Using the wallet is not mandatory, so, if I have to do a p**k, I use other methods that doesn't require it, like CT.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2019, 453rob wrote:
Stunninger, thanks for your comments. Phill does a performance of some of his effects on the Alakazam Vlog. This includes Humint. This effect has floored people because it is short and unexpected and funny. I bought all of his tricks.
https://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Alaka......ial.html


Very nice performance! Thank you again for sharing.
cardistry master
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
I know other people have made recommendations but what I use and really like is the blind man’s wallet because it allows the card to be folded.
indomagic
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of indomagic
There is new released wallet called THE VIPER WALLET, which looks great and can be used for folded card as well.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Another option to consider if you want to use a folded card is to use one of the excellent full business card p&&ks, then say you are not getting anything yet. Give the spectator the stack of cards and ask them to find theirs, remove it, fold it in half (or quarters), put the folded card in THEIR wallet and put it away.

Then do something else. Later in the set, what they wrote or drew comes to you in a flash of inspiration, and you can reveal it.
cardistry master
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2019, indomagic wrote:
There is new released wallet called THE VIPER WALLET, which looks great and can be used for folded card as well.


I think the thread for that was deleted are there any reviews for it anywhere.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
1904 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
This is not a full on review for VIPER alone, but I will do one soon. I am a super geek fan boy for many of the wallets mentioned above - a few of them I put in this video for a side by side comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk42ZcZ2k_4
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3319 Posts

Profile of Looch
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2019, Drewmcadam wrote:
Specifically wallets... I always loved my original Thought Transmitters. Beautiful. But then there seemed to be some sort of problem with the battery and it was discontinued. The TT2 was a serious disappointment. Yes, I like the SUC, but as somebody pointed out earlier in this discussion, you will go through many, many different types. I had all but given up, but then I got my hands on Blink, by Looch. It is ingenious, and - important for me because I really only do corporate - it is high quality leather, designer badged; it looks like an expensive, quality business card wallet that would sit beside your Rolex watch. BUT it contains an ingenious - and I don't use that word lightly - principle that I simply LOVE. In my opinion, it blows the MindSpy, the Thought Transmitter and so on right out the water.



Thanks Drew ! Blink is one of my proudest creations. I literally use it at all my shows!
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3750 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I have always felt the whole notion of "write something down and I am going to put what you've written into this wallet....because..........." kind of clunky. Understand I'm not calling peek wallets down and I agree that many excellent performers use them with great effectiveness. I'm just not one of them. The idea of putting what they have written into a wallet just creates this huge disconnect to me because I have never been able to come up with a reason for putting the card into a wallet. I mean...WHY??? In the course of a routine, anything that feels or looks odd can be quite jarring.

That's why I loved the original Thought Transmitter. They wrote on a post-it note and it stayed in the wallet. You got your peek as you took it back from them. Nothing hinky.

When the new TT came out I bought three of them and was soundly disappointed because in low light the you-know-what could be seen from outer space.

I tried the Stealth Assassin Wallet and -- while it was a little cleaner, I still couldn't sell myself on it. I tried the Telethought Wallet and the angles made me nervous...and I have had a perfectly good brand new SUC sitting in my drawer for three years now. I just can't get past that clunky aspect. So, while I understand this is not the OPs question, I'd be interested in hearing other thoughts about peek wallet reasoning.

By the way...ultimately, I have taken everything I'd worked up for peek wallets and converted them into presentations for my ImpPad/CT/AN effects and have not looked back.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.


www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3319 Posts

Profile of Looch
What if it was a business card case, in one side you have your own cards but on the other are cards you have collected when networking? You ask the person to draw/write something on their card then its natural to take it and place it in your card case.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2208 Posts

Profile of NeilS
One routine I perform is to take two business cards from my wallet. One is blank and the other has categories written on it, eg colour, country, food, animal etc. I ask a spectator to choose a category but not tell me what it is. I then invite them to write a word connected with the category on the other card and turn it over.

I take the card and slip it back in the wallet saying, 'We don't need this at the moment.'

I then take the list of categories and set about determining which category the spectator chose. This in itself can be a bit of fun, especially as I look at the spectator for clues and tell-tale signals during the process of ascertaining.

When I eventually get the category, I turn my attention to the closed wallet and surprise myself - and them - getting the spectator's word.

I've found this makes an entertaining routine.

The peek wallet I use is Blink.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2288 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2019, Looch wrote:
What if it was a business card case, in one side you have your own cards but on the other are cards you have collected when networking? You ask the person to draw/write something on their card then its natural to take it and place it in your card case.



Now THIS is exactly how I like to do it. My everyday wallet happens to be a peek wallet so I'm always set to do this, if circumstances allow.

To be fair, it does require them to have business cards that are amenable to drawing/writing on one side. My business cards for work, for example, are not the best for this as they have the corporate logo (multiple colors and lines, no white at all) on the back. Generally, though, these days I use an in the hands approach for walk-around. Collecting business cards at some events obviously isn't going to work.

Great thoughts.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peek Wallets (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL