The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Help please - how do I get a custom double back card? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sparrowhwk
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Sparrowhwk
Greetings all
I have never posted in this section of the Café - I am not a card guy at all, but I would like to perform one specific routine which requires a double back card.
This would normally be a simple matter - BUT - I would really like to use a unique deck I have from the late 1800's.
The deck will add theatrically to the routine which is why I would really like to use it.

So with this being a regular deck (yes - really), how would I make or get made a double back card for this deck.
The back pattern is not like anything currently available.

I could glue the 2 jokers together, but I would prefer not to have to do this, and I don't have a way to split cards, so it would be a bit thick.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Thank you
MrEmagic
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of MrEmagic
A deck of the late 1800's and you're considering splitting the cards? That deck is antique, if I were you I wouldn't want to damage the cards in any way Smile

As for the double backers, I don't think it's an option to have a custom card made because I think it's practically impossible to match the side of the card with the rest of the deck. I don't know how cards were made in the late 1800's, so I don't know if splitting is even possible. I'd go the easy way and stick the jokers together with a some double sided tape so that you can get them apart again if you'd ever need them.
Sparrowhwk
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Sparrowhwk
Thanks for the suggestion of the double sided tape - it's hard to imagine that I could get away with that, but I suppose with very slick handling it may not be noticed.

I was hoping there was a way of getting a double back card made. I suppose I could try scanning the back and making my own with a color printer and some card stock at the local print shop - but I was hoping some of the card makers might be better able to make this.

Thanks again for reading.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Actually, you should probably use repositional double sided tape. Then you really won't have to worry about damaging the jokers. I have used two cards taped together as both a double backer and a double facer in the past. You would be really surprised what you can get by a spec in a pinch.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Help please - how do I get a custom double back card? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL