The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » And Justice for all.... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Speaking of "reaping profits", 8 people now own half of the world's wealth, while 10 percent of the world live on less than $2 a day. Is that fair, since fairness has been brought up? All unions ever tried to do was to "negotiate" (sometimes with their lives) to work an 8 hour day. But hey, unions are a thing of the past. So again, what's the beef? Lynn
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Who are the 8?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Oh lord should we just take all the world's money and divide by the number of people on the planet? Would that make you guys happy?

I assume you divide your paycheck evenly with your neighbors right?

Does anyone actually have the right to own anything in your mind?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2017, tommy wrote:
Who are the 8?

Gates, Buffet, Zuckerberg, Ellison, Slim, Bezos, Bloomberg, Gaona.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/16/world......fam.html

Man, I missed again.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
The question of "fairness" came up (not first by myself). It used to be a standard of unions, "a fair days work for a fair day's pay". That has nothing to do with everyone dividing up the world's money, nor erasing the idea of personal property. Nor is it just telling the employer what you do. Unions "negotiate" with their members' basic valuable property, their labor power, collectively. Some of the workers will be lazier than others; and some work their asses off. Contracts are made; and this is where "rights" come in for BOTH workers and employers. All of this is becoming a thing of the past as unions increasingly become obsolete (ie not just corrupt). Yeah, life itself is not "fair", ESPECIALLY for women (before we get too far off topic)! Lynn
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Fair is a perspective.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Back to the topic -

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics.......3640510

Guess it doesn't matter what you do, gotta vote for the team.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
How many still voted for Hillary after her part in destroying women who credibly accused her husband of this behavior?

How many still vote Democrat after knowing about a "Kennedy /Dodd sandwich?

Now suddenly it is bad because the other team get caught doing it? Wait for magnus to make an excuse here. The fake outrage is sickening.

Go after all of these losers and maybe I'll be impressed. Go after the Clintons and we can talk. Until the Democrats clean up their back yard they have no standing to complain about the neighborhood.

And no John these are not just intent accusations.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
It's bad no matter who does it.

When I find something about democrats I'll post that too, I have no love for them. They're just not in the news right now.

Why do you polarize everything?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Because when they cover up and condone the behavior of their own and want to complain about others it is polarizing all by itself. Hypocrisy is polarizing.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
"When the president does it, it's not illegal."... Richard Nixon to David Frost.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
He was governor.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
Because when they cover up and condone the behavior of their own and want to complain about others it is polarizing all by itself. Hypocrisy is polarizing.

Who is they? Who is covering up what? Who is condoning what?

I posted an article, which happened to be about a republican. What difference does it make?
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Here's a counterpoint, in the interest of fairness -

https://nypost.com/2017/11/18/women-are-......y-moore/
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2017, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:

I posted an article, which happened to be about a republican. What difference does it make?

Pathetic. If you can't admit how bad Bill Clinton was it is exactly my point.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2017, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:

Pathetic. If you can't admit how bad Bill Clinton was it is exactly my point.

Danny, I don't know what you're problem is. You know I'm not a democrat or a republican.

If anything is pathetic, it's that whenever someone posts anything negative about a republican, your consistent knee-jerk reaction is to ignore what's said and immediately deflect to "why aren't you talking about this or that?"

Seriously, you sound like Trump.

I've consistently said that both sides are guilty on many issues and you know that. This was a post about Roy Moore. What difference does it make what ANYONE else has done? And why would you defend such a despicable POS?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Show me where I defended him please.

One word of defence I posted please. It is pathetic that you accuse me of that.

You want to forget when one side dies it and just move to condemn the other while pretending not to have a side. THAT is pathetic.

Don't hand me the you don't have a party nonsense. You absolutely do and your blue colors are showing through right now.

If this guy is s POS then Clinton, Kennedy and a whole bunch of others are worse by far. And this guy IS a POS. Why can't you admit the others are?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
I posted about a republican and your immediate response was to attack the democrats. Why do you do that?

So, if I post about someone who is on one side, I have to post something about someone on the other side?

For the record, anyone who does this is a POS, - man, woman, gay, straight, red, blue or purple. Satisfied? Or do I have to list everyone on both sides who has ever done anything like this whenever I post?

And I don't have a side, despite your desperation to paint me as having one so you can pretend you have a point.

Like I said, I don't know what your current problem is. Maybe it's because your OBVIOUS red side is showing, and that side is running out of things to hide behind.

Or maybe you're just off your meds. In any case I'll disengage until you regain what little equilibrium you're capable of attaining. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Did I say I don't have a side?

Did I defend this guy?

My "side" doesn't happen to be represented by any political party, and certainly not by THIS administration. For that matter or hadn't been represented for quite a long time.

I am closer to conservatives than not. But in reality I hack off both current extremes. That is who owns both parties now.

While all this is true it doesn't mean others don't have good points and are evil. I just want us to actually use the Constitution more than we do. You tell me which side that puts me on.

When you only post things about one side and ignore wrongdoing on the other you are partisan as can be. You do that.

This guy is disgusting if it is true. He has the right to his side though. The simple accusation isn't enough is it?

But my problem is with hypocrisy and always is. It is not about attacking another side but holding people accountable for their bs. So attack me all you like to distract from that unbreakable argument.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » And Justice for all.... (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL