The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » In Between by Michal Kociolek (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tenchu
View Profile
Special user
Europe
927 Posts

Profile of tenchu
In Between is finally available!

You can purchase it here: http://inbetween.michalkociolek.pl

What's the effect?

The spectator picks two cards, and using their values and suits, imagines a third card.
The spectator then buries the two selections anywhere in the deck, face-up, while the performer has his back turned.
The performer takes the deck back, executes one shuffle and spreads the deck.
Sandwiched between the two face-up selections is one face down card; the spectator's imagined card.

-

The 36-page ebook contains:

- The updated handling of the original trick, first published in 2012
- The "supercharged" version which will fool both laymen and magicians
- A "light" version (impromptu)
- Crediting that is "beyond the call in completeness"

Get it first and fry your magician friends!

-

"Bravo! Your original "In Between" is just marvelous, but the "supercharged" version would have, without question, thoroughly fooled the pants off me if you had simply performed it for me." -- Jack Carpenter

"What Jack Carpenter said!" -- Tomas Blomberg

Not only this routine (and its variations) will badly fool people, but you will also badly fool yourself the 1st time you do it. Welcome to the very clever magic of Michal Kociolek." -- Jean-Jacques Sanvert

"My seething hatred for Michal's genius can be best explained by the contents within these pages. This trick is just way too clever - you will fool yourself doing it the first time, and actually every time after that as well." -- Harapan Santoso Ong

"Michal Kociolek specializes in incredibly clever stacked deck effects which always possess methods of labyrinthian beauty. His manuscript, In Between, is in this line, and features several versions of a very unique effect: a card merely thought of appears sandwiched between two other cards." -- Bob Farmer

-

Mike
tenchu
View Profile
Special user
Europe
927 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Hi guys,

A lot of people are interested in the trick (which is awesome!), but there are two questions that need to be answered before one can safely hit that Paypal button:

Q: Does this trick (and it's variations) require any gimmicked cards?
A: Nope, no gimmicked cards! All you need is a regular deck of 52 cards, plus some jokers.

Q: Why it's only $7?
A: Because I'm a cool guy!

I hope this helps!

Best,
Mike
Gray
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Gray
The effect is just like baked sweet potatoes - it fries people.

Don't get me wrong. The effect is very flexible and even if you can't perform original and "supercharged" version, there's stiil improptu version from shuffled deck. I love the clean up, and how clear the effect ends.

There's one tiny minus - you need to master faro work to kick ass overe here. But in 2017 probably everyone have it mastered.

From now on, I will always carry essential "weapons" in my pocket.

Good job Mike
tenchu
View Profile
Special user
Europe
927 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Haha! Thank you, Gray!

One thing, though -- I wouldn't call the faro shuffle requirement a minus. It's just a technique -- like a palm -- although I think that a good palm is much harder to master. So yeah, it's really not that hard (especially with the good quality cards produced these days), and the ability to do the faro shuffle opens up a door to many, many great tricks.

If you're a fan of tricks that are interesting both effect and method-wise, this is definitely for you.

Mike
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1778 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
This is really impossible looking with a devilish method. Yes, as the poster above said, you need to be able to do a faro, but its the strong effects like this one that make it worth the effort to learn if you haven't already. Nice work Mike, at $7 this is an awesome value and I'm glad to have purchased it.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
tenchu
View Profile
Special user
Europe
927 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Thank you, David!

Mike
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2240 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys

So I have also read this, have not tried it yet only practice, and this will fool anyone

laymen and magicians

this 36 page ebook is well written, and in case you want to study more on the in the hands faro,
Michael gives you the sources so you can seek them out

this will take practice, patience, and
understanding

but the result will be great since you will have an effect nobody else has or is doing
plus you get to practice faro shuffling as well

cant wait till Michaels next release

good job sir

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1384 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I haven’t met Michal but he graciously gifted me with a copy.

Now I’d like to say, Michal made it very clear that he didn’t expect a review in return. He was merely gifting it to me.

BUT, this product is so good, I felt I had to come say something.

I have seen similar effects in the market, but this is the fairest and easiest of all. The fact that th spectators create the card (and its impossible for the performer to know what it is) is really stellar.

As others have said, it does require a fair shuffle. The first effect requires two faro shuffles to be exact. The first version taught, you must figure out what color card the spectator is thinking of. This is something which will be totally overlooked, but it is necessary to perform the effect. This version also uses a fully stacked deck. Those things said, this is a great version and it is very reliable once you get your faros down.

The second version is a magician fooler FOR SURE. It allows you to shuffle the single card between the jokers and show the back to the spectator BEFORE they ever make up the card in their mind. This version is FANTASIC. It’s incredibly fooling. I have no doubt I would have been fried if Michal had performed it for me.

The last variation teaches how to do the second version without a stacked deck. Completely
Impromptu you can have the deck shuffled, and then immediately perform this effect (well, after spreading through the deck once.) This version tops them all in my opinion. Yes, there are many benefits to using the fully stacked deck versions (namely the ease and lack of sleight of hand.) However, I personally feel the ability to shuffle the deck takes this to a whole new realm. This version does have a major disadvantage though. The previous two versions use two genuinely freely chosen cards. This version requires a force. They make a new card in the end, but that is the trade off.

Michal also teacher how to immediately repeat the last two versions. I wouldn’t perform it that way because I believe it actually weakens the first effect, but if you want, you can IMMEDIATLEY repeat the demonstration with absolutely zero moves.

The only thing I don’t truly agree with is that the third version is referred to as “impromptu.” I wouldn’t say it is impromptu in my book. You couldn’t be handed a deck and perform this right away. You must have a stack of 5 cards you can introduce to the pack (I’m bein very vague on purpose.) That said, I discovered you can use pseudo mates instead of jokers and perform the routine exactly as described.

Overall, for $7 this is a steal. And I mean that. All the versions Thought are reliable and practical. If you can do a perfect faro, you’ll be able to have these down in no time. If you can’t, then you’ll need to get your faros down before you’re able to use this effectively.

I highly recommend it.

Madison
tenchu
View Profile
Special user
Europe
927 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Alex, Madison -- thank you so much!

Depending on the version, you will have to perform one or two faro shuffles, and that's it -- and that's the "hardest" part of the routine. Plus, since it's a specific type of faro, you don't have to be exact on the 26/26 split (there's also a sneaky way to know where to cut, which is explained, so you can't really go wrong here).

I think it's a perfect trick for anyone who's got the faro down, but may not be confident yet to perform more advanced faro tricks, like Paul Gertner's awesome "Unshuffled".

Mike
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1384 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2017, tenchu wrote:

Depending on the version, you will have to perform one or two faro shuffles, and that's it -- and that's the "hardest" part of the routine. Plus, since it's a specific type of faro, you don't have to be exact on the 26/26 split (there's also a sneaky way to know where to cut, which is explained, so you can't really go wrong here).

I think it's a perfect trick for anyone who's got the faro down, but may not be confident yet to perform more advanced faro tricks, like Paul Gertner's awesome "Unshuffled".

Mike

I certainly agree. I fit the description of the person you just mentioned.

Madison
tenchu
View Profile
Special user
Europe
927 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2017, MadisonH wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2017, tenchu wrote:

Mike

I certainly agree. I fit the description of the person you just mentioned.

Madison

Madison -- Are you familiar with Tyler Wilson's "Happy Ending" from his awesome book, Reinventing the Real? It's his handling of "Unshuffled" which requires... wait for it... only one faro shuffle. Plus, you have an amazing appearance of the message. I cannot recommend it enough.

Mike
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1384 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I’m not familiar. I’ll have to look into it. Thanks for the recommendation Mike! Smile
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
345 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Hello Faro lovers as you maybe know I'm a biggggggg fan and lover of the faro shuffle and I really encourage you to obtain this beautifull and smart piece Smile its a thought of card sandwich what more can you ask for ? Smile

thank you Mike!!! I really enjoyed reading it
--------Magician and director at NONTRICKS.COM--------
tenchu
View Profile
Special user
Europe
927 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Thank you, Nicolas!

The ebook is now available through Vanishing Inc. You can get it here:

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-......between/

Best,
Mike
hcs
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany, Magdeburg
385 Posts

Profile of hcs
Hi Mike,

thank you very much for this fine piece!
It would be interesting for me to know about your thoughts for "In Between" and your effect "Anilecram"?
What is similar and what is different?
Melencolia I - Magic Squares for the Mental Entertainer * Smart Methods for 4x4, 5x5 and 6x6 Magic Squares * 148 A4-pages
tenchu
View Profile
Special user
Europe
927 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Dear Hans,

The "In Between" manuscript starts with the original handling which I tweaked over the years (the very first version was released in 2011), and it's the first time I'm sharing this version. Plus, everything has been rewritten and professionally edited.

The "Supercharged" version is next, which I consider THE version of the trick. I absolutely love it, and it's a fooler. It's also explained for the first time, and I've unintentionally fooled very knowledgeable magicians with this version.

After that, a "light" version is explained, which you can perform from a genuinely shuffled (and in many cases borrowed), regular deck.

Now, even if you're still struggling with the faro shuffle, you can definitely check it for the clever principles and layered methods that are used there.

I'm sure the majority of us loves visual and eye-popping effects, but I believe that there's also room for a trick that works more on the emotional and intellectual level.

That's "In Between".

I hope this helps!

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » In Between by Michal Kociolek (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL