The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Serial Number Reading off of a Spectators Bill and Spoon Bending (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
Great idea Kuffs...I like the handling very much...the cleaness of the effect, is the spectator can handle it, crumple it, and put it in the cup. The mentalist would only have to briefly hold it to "affix" a tiny "neo" to the center, and give it one fold over. Then hand it back and ask them to crumple it and toss it in the empty glass. I think this can be done so openly that no switch would ever be suspected, which may be harder to pull off with the other methods.

Nice thoughts, Kuff

Sincerely,

John Eddington
Jason Bay
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
117 Posts

Profile of Jason Bay
Quote:
On 2004-04-20 05:26, Curtis Kam wrote:
The only problem with this is matching the newness of the bill, and perhaps, visibility, or am I missing something here?

It seems like this would be a problem with ANY bill divination that involves a switch. How do folks handle this little problem?

Also, there are now a couple different styles of dollar bills in circulation in the US (the "old" style and the "new" style). This poses an even bigger problem...

I suppose to really pull this off, especially close-up, you'd need to have three or even four different bills memorized and ready to switch out?

- Jason Bay
Mark Roberts
View Profile
Special user
Nottingham, UK
597 Posts

Profile of Mark Roberts
Quote:
On 2004-04-18 06:18, Xia wrote:
What about the spoon bending without being touched, I only know of one method, it's in paramiracles.

Hi Xia,

Which spoon bend is that, please? I can't seem to find it in my copy.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3041 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On 2004-04-20 02:12, Greg Arce wrote:
Okay, I think this will solve the problem for both of you. Use an Enigma gimmick and then when you "pour" the bill into your hand it actually sticks inside the glass and up against your hand and you just pretend to pour it into the hand that already has the bill you want to substitute. The cool thing is now you can put the glass down and the bill will slide along with your hand and end inside your hand which you can hold casually.
Greg

Exactly what I was thinking. You must be my evil twin, Greg.

Quote:
On 2004-04-20 18:30, Jason Bay wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-04-20 05:26, Curtis Kam wrote:
The only problem with this is matching the newness of the bill, and perhaps, visibility, or am I missing something here?

It seems like this would be a problem with ANY bill divination that involves a switch. How do folks handle this little problem?

In most instance, you can simply be specific, and say that you need somebody who has a crisp new $20 -- the new kind with the huge, black-velvet-painting-sized portrait on it. You don't have to justify why (they don't even know what you're going to do yet), but if you want, you can always say that newer bills have been touched by fewer people, and therefore possess fewer residual impressions. And a $20 bill is good because it's just large enough to show that the lender is commiting himself to this with a sense of trust and an open mind -- which is an essential frame of mind for any experiment in telepathy to succeed.

Best,
Neil

P.S. Kuffs, if I failed to express to you how much I enjoyed your Mind Stunts DVD, please let me rectify that right now. Nicely done. NT
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Serial Number Reading off of a Spectators Bill and Spoon Bending (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL