The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Silk to Cane (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
858 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
I did the spinning silk to cane for years, then produced a dove on the cane with an invisible harness.
Instead of using the Rice cane silk, I would tie a 1/2 of a diagonally cut white silk and tie it to the end of a 18" black silk (attached to the metal cane). Then I start spinning my wrist in a clockwise direction, slowly releasing the cane. Gravity takes care of the rest, but the illusion is perfect. It looks like 2 silks tied together and spun have become a cane.
In my opinion, tying the silks, instead of using the cane silk, adds a little to the illusion. Just a thought.
Lou
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Do you hold the cane in the standard position for the tip to shoot forward out of your hand? The thing that keeps messing me up is that when the silk gets sucked back into the cane, it has to go back into my hand and then back down into the cane. I cant really think of any better way to explain it that that...Maybe it will be easier with a metal cane?
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22894 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Are you spinning with arm movement? It sounds like you are spinning from the wrist and not the arm. It is a very large movement.

It has been 3 weeks now and you have not gotten the metal cane yet!
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Still looking for one that I can afford...the guy at my local magic shop has been trying to get one for me, but he has them on back order. I found one or two on ebay, but since I have never gotten one before, I'm really not sure what I'm looking for.

I am spinning from the arm, but I just know I'm somehow holding it wrong..that's got to be it.
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
John Cass
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of John Cass
Quote:
On 2004-04-17 04:58, wmhegbli wrote:
Walsh was a brand name no longer available. The book has routines and ideas on magic you can do with all metal canes.

Now all metal canes are imports from Germany, India, and Japan. Tannen's Magic had some high quality canes but their web site is now down, think they are going out of business.

The appearing metal canes are easy to learn but the metal vanishing are more difficult and has been known to cut your hand if not properly executed. Therefore, I use the vanishing cane in newspaper as discribed in the book. I have seen the vanishing cane performed for a visual vanish, but I have never used this method in shows.

Tannens' web site is up now. They do have the metal appearing canes for ONLY $95.00
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
Try here......

http://www.elmagicshop.com/

They have black metal appearing canes for $56.00 and state that they will match any price......

Take care, Bry
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of wally
Who sells the best quality silk to cane in metal
TommyTheTremendous
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of TommyTheTremendous
I also perform the silk to cane in multiple ways, including the spinning silk to cane. I use a 36" silk and my cane is metal. I do have a plastic cane as well, but I only use that for practice at home since it is easier to reset than the metal one. Metal is way better.
- Tommy Magic
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of knmagic
TommyTheTremendous,
How do you control the cane to appear slowly? Or you just let it goes and continue to spin the wand for a little bit more?

I got it. 24" silk does the trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Silk to Cane (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.42 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL