The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Turbo Stick (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1594 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Makes sense, Dana. Thanks for the info.
billguinee
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of billguinee
Visually, I like the Turbo Stick routine, but I am having the hardest time coming up with any kind of coherent presentational hook. Sanders abandons his rather weak opening lines of this being a perception test immediately (and frankly it seemed a bit weak to me). I know it looks cool and I would like to do this trick, but has anyone come up with a presentation other than "look at this cool thing?"
Kanawati
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
216 Posts

Profile of Kanawati
I don’t have Turbo Stick...I perform a different paddle trick so this suggestion is untested! But in terms of a simple presentational hook, how about “Does this look like an ordinary sharpie to you? Here’s the strange thing, it might look like an ordinary sharpie and it might write (place marks on paddle as you say this) like an ordinary sharpie but it’s not. The ink has some unusual chemical properties....” That will at least hopefully put the question in the mind of the spectator “I wonder what is he going to do?” and get them engaged at the start. It also avoids that observation/perception test presentation where the spectator is asked obvious questions (such as how many spots do I have) and gets it wrong. I’m not a fan of that presentational style either. And lastly it places the focus on the sharpie and/or the ink and less on the paddle. No mention of the paddle needs to be made...it’s just an easy to carry surface that allows you to demonstrate how weird this ink behaves! John
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1594 Posts

Profile of Bob G
If you use two paddles (Turbo or something similar, you could draw a vampire on one side of one of them), leaving the other side blank. On the other paddle attach a mylar rectangle to one side, and a cut-up mylar on the other side (representing a broken mirror.) And then make up some patter about vampires breaking being invisible in mirrors, but having the power to crack them.
Russo
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Russo
Has any one seen the 'nudie' paddle? I have one - clear paddle, girl in shorts one side - nude on other side -cute - though tasteful. I think it was made by 2 sided decal. Haven't seen one for years.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Turbo Stick (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL