The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Devil in Disguise 2 (105 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..8..11..14..17..20~21~22 [Next]
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2017, Peter_turner wrote:

I don’t want to sound ego driven here - I’ve worked with an acting coach for a while and you can see it shows. Tight scripts and elegant smooth performances. I feel happy looking at this in comparison to anything else I’ve shot. I share the tips and character building secrets that I’ve learnt on my journey.

If you’re on the fence about this I’d move fast as they are scarce numbers left.

Pete x

I have always thought that you look incredibly real in all your performances Peter. Very engaging and able to easily establish rapport.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Will there be a full list of routines / effects ?

I've already pre-ordered but it would be nice to know some other routines that are on this.

Thanks
Sleepy
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2017, Tempesta wrote:
I hope this isn't impolite to ask, but I've been burned before. Not that I doubt Peter at all, just my policy with buying material now.

Is this an ebook, on a jump drive? Tangible product?

If I buy this and determine it's not for me, will I be able to pass it on?

||sean ||

It's a memory stick with videos on it.

Sleepy
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Being a friend to Peter for so many years, and learning his material has been a real pleasure. Especially when one goes out and performs the pieces you can see that they do work in the real world, no DR, well some of Peters older work used DR, and I admit some of his older work was bold, but I loved that, since I went out and tried them in different situations, and slayed magicians and audiences alike.

Being an avid reader, and having purchased Peters secret work that is only available to a select few, I have gotten to know Peter through his writing, and then actually brought Peter over from the UK in August and we spent 5 days together at a convention I organize, and he is the real deal, one of the nicest people you will ever meet, humble, geniune, real, and no fluff.

For me Peters greatest releases to the mentalism community in this order: Bigger Fish 2, Isabella Star 3, devil in disguise 1

I believe Devil in Disguise 2 is his best release yet, the routines are crisp, clear, and workable, no pipe dreams.

I got a sneak peek at what you will be receiving when you order, and some of the content.....absolutely brilliant!

Peter also performed some of the effects for me from the project and I really liked them and sends your mind spinning with ideas and subtleties.

Guest appearances by Michael Murray, and more.

I asked Peter if he was sold out, and he said he was checking, and he believes its just about sold out.

Soon, once this gets released and I have this I will give a proper review.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Just placed my order with MindFX.
I'm especially looking forward to this after IS3.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
I hope this isn't impolite to ask, but I've been burned before. Not that I doubt Peter at all, just my policy with buying material now.

||sean ||

Not impolite to ask at all.

Every memory stick has an individual file/ folder that is linked to a password on the back of the tag (that comes with the memory stick). The footage cannot be downloaded and if the folder is shared on any site whatsoever the password cannot come off of the file - meaning that we will know exactly who shared the content based on the password and file. We have made 250 separate folders/ files each with a completely unique password. This will give us the persons address, name and details should someone try. Preventing it from happening before it’s ever started.

We have also several other security measures in place - which cannot be shared as we don’t want people to know what to look for.

Pete x
Tempesta
View Profile
Elite user
USA
404 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2017, Peter_turner wrote:
Quote:

||sean ||

Every memory stick has an individual file/ folder that is linked to a password on the back of the tag (that comes with the memory stick). The footage cannot be downloaded and if the folder is shared on any site whatsoever the password cannot come off of the file - meaning that we will know exactly who shared the content based on the password and file. We have made 250 separate folders/ files each with a completely unique password. This will give us the persons address, name and details should someone try. Preventing it from happening before it’s ever started.

We have also several other security measures in place - which cannot be shared as we don’t want people to know what to look for.

Pete x

Hey Pete,

Thank you for this. I messaged you with a unique concern regarding this post.
//Sean Beard
Adam Hince
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
509 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
Quote:
Quote:

||sean ||

Pete x

I already purchased, but this prompts a question: does this mean I cannot drop this to my iPhone or iPad and watch there? I totally understand the need for security and it sure does anger me that people take advantage of creators by pirating. However, it's a bit of a bummer because I love the portability to have video files on my iPhone and iPad as it makes it convenient for review.

Is there any solution for this where you wouldn't have to compromise security?

Regards,
Adam
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Adam, you can use an OTG (on the go) USB cable that fits your phone's USB slot. Plug in and watch.

Remember, to not unplug until you shut off your phone. If the OS attempts to read the USB drive while unplugging the USB drive, it will destroy the drive. This is true for all computers and devices. Windows devices have the "Safely remove USB device" program, remember to use it each time.
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of sjrw
Memory sticks corrupt easily. Its a huge problem of flash memory.
I bought a memory card for my camera in June, used it on a holiday in July and for my sisters graduation in July then left it in its case until a few days ago, and now my camera and computer register it as corrupt and can't read it.
I presume that will eventually be an issue here...
AriTheMan
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
68 Posts

Profile of AriTheMan
Hey, Peter!

First of all, congrats on this project. I am sure that it is great because I know your material is killer and the video trailer was awesome! I absolutely loved the cinematography utilized.

I just have one quick question... I just saw now that this is sold out on MindFX (I had been keeping my eye on it for the past few days). Does that mean it is completely sold out or do you still have "copies" to sell?

Thanks!
- Ari
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
I just paypaled Peter for this, so I sure hope since the post is still up, with no sold out note, that it’s still available from him - I missed the MindFX copies as well
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Whilst I have sold out of the 50 that Pete offered me, I do know that he still has a few copies remaining. I am super excited to see the finished product!

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
When's the estimated shipping date for this?

Sleepy
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:

Smile

Whom are we trying to control and threaten? The buyer? The buyer who pays the creator so that he can buy and have his two square meals? This is a very sorry state of affairs.

The so called 'Copy protection' is only a temporary deterrent. In today’s Hi-Tech world there is nothing known as foolproof protection. It is only a matter of time before one is able to break the Magician's Code of Conduct.

As an example, to override ANY kind of copy protected video, a very easy, simple & crude method will be to use a video camera and a monitor screen. That's it.

My elementary example will make one understand as to how simple easy it is to override any video copy protection methods out there. As magicians, it will only be our time tested integrity that will finally matter and prevail.

This needs serious thinking among our small community of magicians. WE (the seller as well as the buyer) need to be HONEST to ourselves & to our community.

Continue please . . . Thank you.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
It's easy to capture film from your computer [without the crude method mentioned above]

But I think this protection is more about - after it has been pirated - they will know who did it

So it's not going to stop it happening - but just means they will know who did it

So a pirate just needs to buy the item with someone elses card/address

It is sad that buyers have to jump through hoops and have more hassle - the innocent [ones who actual buy the items] are the ones punished

In this day and age - if you don't want it copied - don't release it
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Atleast it will reduce or make it harder for people to pirate it. I'm happy that is the case.

Sleepy
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Not sure it will be harder

You just video capture the screen - done - and at the same quality

the booklet IS3 was harder to copy [and will have been done at reduced clarity/quality]

It's more about being able to catch the person who did it - surely [?]
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2017, SleepyMagic wrote:

Atleast it will reduce or make it harder for people to pirate it. I'm happy that is the case.

It is basic human tendency to run for something that is of high value, protected and is in short supply. The demand will rise and so would the need for rampant piracy. In such dealings the looser will always be the buyer by no longer being exclusive. The creator would have probably sold most of his item and made his money.

One can see what happened to The Ten Card Miracle. The creator has not been able to sell all his limited release goodies.

Let's wait and watch. Time will tell. The release is not far off.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
You are correct

just look at PT S.T.E.M limited release

Over 3 and a half years later and it hasn't sold out of it's 'limited' release

It's $2 on the pirate sites - so I am sure more than the limited number have been sold

And STEM is in various shops 'Bargain Bins' at almost 75% off

In a stupid way - maybe the price £199.75

Which this limited edition is still on sale at

https://www.vanishingincmagic.co.uk/magi......ded=true

Maybe the high price made it more likely to be copied

Though to be fair even $5 downloads seem to get pirated

I don't think you can stop your work being pirated - unless you don't release it

All you can do it secretly mark them - and name and shame... but even that doesn't seem to happen

If someone got shamed... then others would be much more reluctant to do this - if they have even the tiniest of profiles in the world of magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Devil in Disguise 2 (105 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..8..11..14..17..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL