The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PAPILIO DECK REVIEW & MYSTERY DECK PREVIEW (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
930 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Check out my thoughts on the new PAPILIO Playing Cards AND lay your eyes on a deck you won't see anywhere else...YET!

EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1398 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Nice video Luke!

Papilio is the Latin word for butterfly, and it is worth mentioning that the Papilio deck reviewed here is actually the third edition of the original Papilio deck that was first produced in 2016 with black card backs. The third edition deck shown here is actually called Papilio Ulysses, and switches up the original black for the wonderful metallic aquatic/mint green colour that Luke loves - and as an owner of this deck I completely agree, it's terrific.

In real life the Papilio ulysses is a large blue swallowtail butterfly found in countries like Australia and Indonesia, and the deck reflects the colour of this beautiful insect.

The Papilio deck's designer, Kiran Kuruvithadam, is from Switzerland, and he's also produced the Tangram Playing Cards, which is less traditional and more geared towards cardistry. If anyone is interested in learning more about both of Kiran's decks, I've covered them in my detailed pictorial review (which includes a comparison between the original Papilio deck and the Papilio Ulysses deck shown in Luke's video) found elsewhere on The Café here:

Ender's Pictorial Review: Playing Card Designs by Kiran Kuruvithadam (Murphy's Magic)
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......c=653941

PS: That `Mystery Deck' looks very cool!

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PAPILIO DECK REVIEW & MYSTERY DECK PREVIEW (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL