The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Close up Pad (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
I have the velvet close up pad from Magic Max that has the built in "extra" that will stop watches or do other PK things.

It is 12"X16" and is very plush.

The site is: http://magicmax.com/item.php3?id=1424

I am wondering if this is correct (sizewise, etc.) for everyday magic or if a cheaper non-plush pad would be better.

I have never used it and I don't do formal magic. Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22775 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This pad seems a little expensive to let set in a drawer. Why don't you use it? As for size it all depends what you like, you already got this one so I guess you should use it. Close-up pads are not just for 'formal' magic, they are to create a place of attention for the spectators, a stage if you will. Most find pads help with some coin and card magic. Also Cups and Balls are usually performed on a pad so the cups do not get dented and scratched.
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Thanks. I just do pretty much card effects. I guess I am a collector at heart and don't want to use it.

I suppose I will take it of the package and use it one day soon.

Jeff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Close up Pad (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL