The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Mystic Crystals (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Hello!

I present to you bizarrists: The Crystal.

This is a tool for the bizarre performer, psychic, serious mentalist, or metaphysical worker.

The Crystal can be used to demonstrate the transfer of thought or energy, to show the presence of a spirit, to convince someone they are hallucinating, or indicate the beginning of a ritual.

As shown in the demo video (see below), the change from clear to pink is gradual. It looks... well, like real magic. The color is much more vivid in person; the camera does not do it justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss0BQBN6QNE

You can perform this surrounded, under scrutiny, and it can be handled and examined by the audience without anyone finding anything.

It can be held in your hand, their hand, set on a table, or on a cloth – it works by itself, while still under your control.

Each set includes:
– 2 specially made crystals
– A cloth for storage
– Instructions for use

Yes, it’s expensive – but it is also a scientific anomaly. The crystals will last years, and do not have a maximum number of “charges”. i.e.: they don’t need replacing.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Best,
Tom
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
What's expensive (how much)?
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2017, afinemesh wrote:
What's expensive (how much)?

They are $95 for a set. Sorry, I should have specified that in the previous post.

I'm going to see if I can get a better video of it tomorrow.

Here's the page with details, video, and purchase info: http://wanderingmagic.com/products/crystal

Tom
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Interesting idea.
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4474 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Having bought one of these, I can say they are absolutely worth it! You'll immediately start figuring out clever ways on how it can be used.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Yeah, agree and great service and fast delivery too.
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
313 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Just got my order in. Looking forward to playing with these!
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of Perkins
As did I. Thoroughly intrigued.
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Alrighty, only a couple sets left.
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
363 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Any more available? Very interested.

Best Smile
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of Darkness
You would need to provide something extra to perform it indoors, good luck with that sitting on your couch! Which makes this impractical at best for interior performances. Thanks for mentioning it in the Ad Copy.

If "while still under your control" means, simply opening your hand? Again the ad copy is misleading.

To state in the instructions to not review this on the Café is ridiculous, when you used the Café to advertise it so poorly. FB at least you can delete it easy enough after if you are so concern with having it out there in the public. You even mention the words "Crystals... change from clear to pink", so it's super easy to find.

I ordered this on Nov 30th. Received an email "only" three days ago saying it would ship today. 18 days later!? Surprise! And why bother shipping a week before Christmas the worst time of the year? This is a joke right?

I don't believe anyone should take orders for a product, then go ahead and make it, only to ship it weeks later, without that being specifically stated upfront at time of payment.

I can't help but feel I was taken advantage of on several levels. Even if that was not the intention, that's clearly what happened.

Merry Christmas Spookies, and people wonder why this is a ghost town.
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Darkness, you have been refunded.

TimonK, there is one set available, since I managed to get the package back before it left.

Darkness, if you have control of your hand, and the spectator's hand (which you should), then the change is under your control.

For anyone else looking at this, yes, there is a limitation. No, you should not be performing this while sitting on your couch - it's a tool to be reserved for special moments. But that doesn't matter, as it will not be sold to performers again.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of Darkness
You still haven't shipped it?? Ha, what a joke. And you want others to reward your bad service and product with their hard earned dollars?

And BTW, I wasn't being literal when I said perform it on your couch lol. Why didn't you disclose that you have to be in a suitable physical location or have extra setup not included. That it can't be performed anytime and place or as you now put it, "special moments". You're still not representing it fairly! So let me warn others for you.

No one needs you to misrepresent your ad copy then take almost three weeks to ship it, then pull the sale without contacting the customer first. This is how you do business? Like you have the holy grail and we should take this treatment just to have the privilege to own it? Thanks for the refund. I'm one of the lucky ones. I won't be buying from you again. Shame on you. Take your ball and go home then Tom. Please do us all a favor and don't sell to performers again if this is how you insist on doing it.

Your welcome.

Up to you Timon (or anyone else) if you wish to reward bad behavior.
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
237 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
As someone who purchased this weeks ago, if there is a big limitation to performing this indoors, I surely would have liked to know. My intention was to perform this indoors without some sort of impractical setup.

Any clarification would be appreciated. Thx
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2608 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Well, you're clearly upset Darkness. I think it's understandable for Tom to refund your order considering it's extremely likely you wouldn't have been happy with it.

Personally, I like this item. I have used it in therapeutic settings. I haven't used it for performances, but I do know that the environmental restrictions are not so great that I couldn't find an easy solution to using it in a performance. It's not meant to be a "holy grail" that's performed at every gig - it's meant to be reserved for special circumstances, as so many bizarre items are.

Like a statue that can cry blood - this isn't something you'd use in every performance. It's a special item for special occasions.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of Darkness
You purchased it weeks ago too? And yes everyone would want to perform this indoors anytime anywhere (this is my main complaint). I don't know about you but I don't perform in the snow or rain. Did you not get the PDF three days ago or notice of it shipping?
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of Darkness
And refund me he should lol. I'm not overly mad but my words may seem like it (I've spend more on less). How many times do we buy things where the ad copy is not forth coming? This really needs to stop. Tom should have spoke to me when he saw the post. Instead I got a paypal refund first, not an attempt to simply say sorry you feel that way. I don't need or expect an apology and in this case his customer service response was expected. I just want to tell others what happened. It's not about how I feel it's about communicating fairly. Which he did not do.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5519 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Usually I take these kinds of complaints with a grain of salt, but Darkness is also a creator, and I have purchased most of what he offers and everything, I mean EVERYTHING, was as described and shipped promptly. He talks the talk, but he most definitely walks the walk. So when he feels something is amiss, I take notice.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
989 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
I had emailed Tom on Dec 1 about delivery and received a prompt reply the next day about the production run as well as two follow up emails from Tom on the status of the crystals. My gut feeling is that Tom is a straight up and honest person to do business with and would be surprised otherwise, but understand the concern given how people here have been burned by other vendors who never delivered.
Bob
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
I have replied (through PM) to everyone who has expressed concern about the limitation and/or wondering if something fishy is going on. Including Darkness.

The reason I mentioned in the instructions to not review this on the Café or elsewhere is: I don't want this idea to become popularized and receive attention from people who wish to reverse-engineering the thing and sell it to the general magic audience. It's not supposed to be used to "guess the color someone is thinking of", but that is exactly what will happen if a large company gets their hands on a method. They exist solely to make money, and these little rocks will sell like hotcakes until the next cash-machine comes along. Even if they don't figure out THE method, this kind of effect is well beyond the scope of most magic tricks, and considering how it is currently being used, I do not wish for it to become a "commonly known effect" (like the ID or Sven).

So I'd like to request that if anyone has questions or concerns, to please contact me privately (email, Café PM, Facebook PM, skype, or phone if you have my number).

And just so everyone knows, the reason I went ahead and refunded Darkness without contacting him first is this: When someone makes sarcastic or rude comments such as these:
- "good luck with that sitting on your couch"
- "Thanks for mentioning it in the Ad Copy"
- "you used the Café to advertise it so poorly"
- "18 days later!? Surprise!"
- "This is a joke right?"
- "Merry Christmas Spookies, and people wonder why this is a ghost town"

without actually owning/trying the product yet, or talking it over with the seller first, I can't help but think: "Hmm, this doesn't sound like the kind of person I want to do business with." If he had posted the same message, minus the snarky remarks, I definitely would have contacted him first to work out the kinks.

And then later comments such as these:
- "You still haven't shipped it?? Ha, what a joke"
- "Thanks for the refund. I'm one of the lucky ones."
- "Take your ball and go home then Tom."
- "Please do us all a favor and don't sell to performers again if this is how you insist on doing it."

aren't helping the situation.

I do way too much behind-the-scenes work for the magic community (for free) to take my ball and go home, so heads up: you will be seeing me on the court more often.

After reading Intrepid's comment, I understand that people here have been burned by other sellers. But as a general rule, let's try to not assume the worst about someone. I made that mistake by pulling the order before contacting Darkness.

Again, for the people who have bought this, if you have questions or concerns after reading the entire PDF, please contact me privately.

If, for whatever reason, I don't get back to you within 36 hours (wiggle room for time zones), then go ahead and call me out on the thread. I'm pretty sure there's only been 1 time when I didn't get back to someone promptly, and that's because I was helping some people clean up after a fire in their home. Otherwise, I get back to people usually the same day.

Tracking numbers will be sent out to all the buyers later today, along with a second document containing a performance application that I forgot to put in the first PDF.

Best,
Tom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Mystic Crystals (15 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL