The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sticky Note Slide by Tyler Twombly (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3746 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S24162

A while back I reviewed Object Permanence by Tyler. He now has a new version out that is a steal at $10. Hopefully the link above works. If not, you can find this at all dealers and through Murphys. In my opinion, it's the best moving ink effect on the market. It uses a post-it pad and sharpie. The download teaches the original Object Permanence routines and then two new handlings that are both great. The ad copy is very accurate as is the demo video. The download is shot very well and the teaching is very clear. There are multiple live performances on the 1 hour download so you can see all the variations in the real world. I don't know Tyler but he's very likable and easy to follow.

Hearts is my favorite of the new routines. You draw two hearts on a post-it pad. In one you put the first initial of one person. In the other, you put the first initial of the second person in the couple. You then visibly drag the first heart onto the second heart. Now there is one heart with both initials. You immediately, with no switch, hand the post it note to the couple for full examination.

The best part of all of the routines is that they are all very visual and there is no switch of the altered post-it note in any of the routines. So the spectators can burn the pad and even remove the altered post-it notes themselves.

There is some arts and crafts involved but Tyler clearly walks you through everything. There are no magnets (which makes the gimmicks/set-up much more secure during both transport and the actual routines) and the prep for all the routines is very easy. You essentially just need a pad, sharpie and some scissors. The teaching is thorough and Tyler walks you through various ways to reset, including how to set the pads up so you can reset almost instantly.

If you are like me and are always looking for a non-card, non-coin item to mix up your set, I can't recommend this highly enough. As Tyler clearly says, this is not self-working. It's not difficult, but you will need to practice the one move that is involved to get it down smoothly. So do not expect to watch the demo and then immediately go out and perform it. You will need to spend about a week practicing with this so you can do it justice in performance. It's worth the practice to have a very visual effect that leaves the spectators with a great visual and a magically altered object.

This gets my highest recommendation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sticky Note Slide by Tyler Twombly (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL