The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How long series (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I just saw this preview for a new NetFlix series and thought it quite appropriate for the How Long thread but saw that thread had been locked. I can't for the life of me figure out why the Mods might have locked that very benign thread but here's a link to the new show which looks quite interesting.

Here's a link to an article on EW about the new series.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/12/04/altered-carbon-trailer-netflix/

"It’s the biggest, most lavish-looking Netflix series ever, one based on an acclaimed sci-fi novel, and yet chances are you’ve never heard of Altered Carbon."
SiCaff
View Profile
New user
Mellor, UK
5 Posts

Profile of SiCaff
This looks really good, just from the trailer. Reminds me of the film Self/Less with Ryan Reynolds, if you've ever seen that?

Looks like my uni work will go downhill when this comes out. Netflix always know how to draw you in!
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
SiCaff, I urge my students to binge-watch Netflix.

It's quite educational.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
The first book was excellent. I remember seeing and buying it in Edinburgh (at the airport) to read on the flight back here, long before I saw it on the shelf over here. I enjoyed the rest of the trilogy as well, but I probably enjoyed the first book the most.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Having said what I did, I don't see why so many [speaking of critics writing reviews in the media, not so much anyone here] are so positive after watching the trailer. The trailer was fine, but it didn't draw me in. Nothing there I haven't seen before. I don't watch Netflix much, so maybe to me its just not clear that Altered Carbon is the "biggest, most lavish-looking Netflix series ever".

I'll just add that a great Sci-Fi series to watch is 'The Expanse', well worth checking out if you like that sort of thing and haven't seen it.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2017, balducci wrote:
The first book was excellent. I remember seeing and buying it in Edinburgh (at the airport) to read on the flight back here, long before I saw it on the shelf over here. I enjoyed the rest of the trilogy as well, but I probably enjoyed the first book the most.

Just started reading the first book and so far I really like it. Has some interesting thoughts in regards to living forever.

"On Harlan's World, most people could afford to be resleeved at least once, but the point was that unless you were very rich, you had to live out your full span each time and old age, even with antisen treatment, was a wearying business. Second time around was worse because you knew what to expect. Not many had the stamina to do it more than twice."

"It took a certain kind of person to keep going, to want to keep going, life after life, sleeve after sleeve. You had to start out different, never mind what you might become as the centuries piled up."

(Sleeving is getting a new body by having your entire memory set downloaded into one.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How long series (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL