The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 52 Shades of red V3 by Shin Lim (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
So I finally had a minute to sit down and review this. Here's the ad copy

Watch the trailer, and you won't believe your eyes. You, too, can perform these amazing miracles after learning Shin Lim's secrets.

In 2017, Shin Lim appeared for the second time on Penn & Teller: Fool Us. Only a select few magicians have fooled Penn and Teller, but Shin managed to fool them a second time, with 52 Shades of Red.

This is the third iteration of 52 Shades of Red.

With this package you will receive:

- 52 Shades of Red V3 Gaff Deck (some assembly required) to perform the full original 52 Shades of Red routine.
- Extra gaff cards included that allow you to perform the effects seen in the trailer.
- A guided teaching video by Shin Lim, running just a bit over 120 min.

Shin will cover the misdirection, timing, and movement of the act. Shin leaves no stone unturned, and teaches the act in its entirety.

Also Includes:

- An in-depth look into black art. See how Shin uses this concept to his advantage and how to apply this principle to your act.
- A masterclass on flap cards
- 2 routines based on the longitude palm
- Picasso

This ad copy is spot on which is good. The only thing that maybe differs from the trailer is the revolver change by Kelvin Chow used with some of the gaffs. It is not taught. There are ways taught how to utilize them though. However, everything else is. Something that differs from the other versions is all gimmicks in terms of m****** are included and so you won't run out of them. Something to note is the b**** a** material is not included. There is a lot of stuff covered in this project. I love the 52 shades routine, and the gaff deck is so cool. Everything is shot wonderfully and the instruction is great, you don't have to rewind it 50 times to see what he's talking about. (However I think it's a good idea to watch the construction first to learn what's all going on). Most the video is explaining the act shin uses on stage. He covers every piece step by step, and explains the various gimmicks used throughout. I liked this way of explanation simply for the fact as you can adapt it how you want and can have some creativity, and if you want to perform it just like he does, you can do that too. He then talks about the different gimmicks, how to construct them, and other things in the trailer and how to utilize all the bonus effects. This section I thought was very good and definitely gets some creative juices flowing. The black art section was my favorite of the download just to see how versatile it is and how many different ways it can be used. Picasso is also covered which if you didn't have a chance to get the v2 this is a great place to get it. In terms of differences between the versions, v1 had a rider back deck, v2 has a mandolin back with some bonuses, and v3 is a mandolin back with different bonuses than v2. There are different effects taught in them and throughout them, but the main routine is pretty much the same. I would say if you have never got 52SOR this will be well worth your money and you will love it. If you have one of the previous versions, I think this will still be worth it for you and it's nice to get another deck and more gimmicks. If you are expecting the whole routine to be different you would be disappointed, but the bonuses and the other gaffs make it worth it to me. All in all I would rate this a 5/5. There is a ton of material on here and things you can use in close up, and a lot of things you can use on stage. Let me know if you have any questions.
matthewauj
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of matthewauj
Will I be able to make a decent routine from these gaffs with basic understanding of sleight of hand with cards?
omagico
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of omagico
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2018, matthewauj wrote:
Will I be able to make a decent routine from these gaffs with basic understanding of sleight of hand with cards?

If you're good enough and put in the necessary time to get things right.
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
The 52 Shades Gimmicks 20 pieces that are on sale are they related to the 52 Shades V3.0 dvd? What gimmicks do you get?
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Don't bother with the 52 Shades Gimmicks 20 pcs just a small packet of magnets for £12 Alakazam you should be ashamed.
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Does anyone know where you can get the effect he does of the four aces tossed to the table and it appears as one card? Is this shown on his 52 Shades 3.0?
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2018, garyogden1957 wrote:
Don't bother with the 52 Shades Gimmicks 20 pcs just a small packet of magnets for £12 Alakazam you should be ashamed.

Try buying them at that strength in that qty for much less. For all the things you could throw at a DIY trick, the price of the magnets isn't the thing to be aiming at.
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Where can you get the Black Art cards he uses?
Sophocles
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
How difficult is the assembly? For $70 there shouldn’t be any assembly. Unless it’s simply stacking the cards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 52 Shades of red V3 by Shin Lim (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL