The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Stephen Tucker's Aces From the Fore (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
742 Posts

Profile of canaday
Stephen Tucker’s Aces From the Fore-
$21.48
https://www.bigblindmedia.com/aces-from-......montier/

The Hyoe:
Aces From The Fore is a visual, eye-popping, Ace EXPLODING routine invented by the actual wizard that is Stephen Tucker.

The special Bicycle branded gimmicks provided allow you to take a Four of Hearts and proceed to tear the Ace of Hearts straight out of it. One second you're holding the Four of Hearts, then next you have the Ace of Hearts and the Three of Hearts.

Then you tear the Ace of Diamonds from the Three of Hearts, leaving you with the Two of Spades (well, you are looking for BLACK aces now).

To finish you pull the Ace of Spades from the Two of Spades, leaving you with the Ace of Clubs... and - voila - YOU HAVE RIPPED ALL FOUR ACES FROM A SINGLE CARD!

Fast and furious, this virtually self-working stunner makes the perfect opening for ANY set of card routines.

Learn not only the cunning principle and how to use the devious gaffs, but master advanced handlings, regular deck variations and even a borrowed, shuffled deck impromptu version.

PLUS - As a MEGA bonus, Aces From The Fore just happens to finish with you set and ready to perform one of the greatest four Ace tricks of all time... and WE TEACH YOU HOW TO DO IT!!!

My Take:
What you get: A DVD produced with Big Blind's usual excellent quality and three specially printed cards. These cards can be used with any color or back of USPCC cards (provided they do not have colored faces.) Although it is a Stephen Tucker effect, it is taught on the disk by Liam Montier.

This is a one trick DVD but it teaches three variations of the effect which are different enough from one another to actually turn this into a three trick disk. You are also taught a nice version of MacDonald's Aces, which ups the value again. And all three versions are quite simple to perform should be well within the capabilities of anyone. The move required is well taught and is not hard to do.

Each version of the trick has its own strengths.

The first is the gaffed version, which is also the easiest. The thing that makes this version worthwhile is that when you end, you are already set up for MacDonald's Aces. If you already do MacDonald's, you know there is a place where one packet has to be changed for another. I have run into several methods for accomplishing this in the past. With this trick, you start out with the packet already switched. You do nothing to get there. The gaffed version leaves you ready to roll and you are taught the entire routine. There is also a small tutorial teaching the Rumba Count..

The second version has basically the same outcome but it uses a regular deck. The big advantage of this over the gaffed version is that everything can be examined afterwards. Any deck can be used and it only requires a small stack. I have no aversions to using gaffed cards, but this is a huge improvement over the gaffed version. The only disadvantage is that you cannot go into MacDonald's Aces following the routine.

The last version would be my choice to add to my repertoire. It is totally impromptu and can be done using a borrowed deck shuffled freely by the spectator. It requires no gaffs and no stack Two spectators each choose a card such as the three and five of hearts, which are then lost into the deck. The performer then claims to find both cards but instead comes up with the eight of hearts. When told he has the wrong card, he splits the eight into the three and five. The selection method actually reminds me of the Probability Cull (although no culling actually takes place.), This is one strong piece of magic plus it is easy to do.

Big Blind has released items from Stephen Tucker in the past. Most notably, Gaff-Tastic which also included a number of gaffed cards. He seems to have a penchant for creating tricks that require special cards. All of his magic is worth doing and I applaud the concept of teaching additional methods requiring no gaffs.

Conclusion: All three versions have their own charms. The first is the easiest for less accomplished card magicians and it allows the bonus of slipping right into one of the most famous card routines of all time. I would however recommend doing either the un-gaffed or impromptu version. I feel they have more power, can be done with a borrowed deck and can be handed out for examination after.
RCarruth
View Profile
Veteran user
Spartanburg, S.C.
341 Posts

Profile of RCarruth
Thanks much.. Sounds like something I'd like to try.. assuming two of the versions can be handed out.
Magic Roadshow - Magic's #1 Free Newsletter
http://magicroadshow.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Stephen Tucker's Aces From the Fore (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL