The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubik's Dream 360 by Henry Harrius (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
Tomangerry
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Tomangerry
Actually Mark I can think of some good routines if I buy 2 of them from you . Thank you Tom
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2018, VoltesGX31 wrote:
Hi. I have Rubicon 1.0, RD and RD360, and Perfect Square (PS). I did not get Easy Cube just yet.

The Rubicon cubes fit in the RD360 gimmick nicely, and the locking feature of RD360 still works.
The RD cube is a bit more snug in my Rubicon 1.0 gimmick, but it still fits and works.
The Rubicon cubes and RD cubes fit in the PS gimmick too.

The cube matching display of RD360 is the best. The cube matching display of Rubicon is very good too - clever and clean looking. For me, the cube matching display for Perfect Square is incongruent and therefore a bit more suspect.

The PS gimmick could have done what RD360 did with its gimmick, but PS uses tako instead.
If I could get hold of some more tako, I would use them to augment my RD gimmick.

As a cube switching utilty, Rubicon and PS are designed to done out in the open.
The switches using the RD (non-mini) and RD360 are done in a bag. It is not a bad thing, it is just different. It also reduces the heat (if any) during the actual switch.

Stickerless is a very nice and unique routine that comes with both RD and RD360. The handlings are necessarily different, and IMHO, the RD360 version is even better.
You cannot do this routine with either Rubicon or PS.

Out of all the recent gimmicked cubes, I think Magikub is the least flexible.
To achieve a similar effect to Magikub without using a gimmicked cube, just learn the Akira Solve already included with RD360.
For toss solves, see Rubikulous by Jack Carpenter and/or Cube 3 By Steven Brundage.
See CubeFX for further inspiration - like how to leverage an Enchanted Cube.

Btw, this app shows you how to solve a 3x3 cube in about 20 moves (similar to Cube Snap)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rubix-cu......951?mt=8

How difficult is Akira solve to learn?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
How much break in time does 360 take to become smooth with the gimmick?
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Quote:
On May 4, 2018, Decomposed wrote:
How much break in time does 360 take to become smooth with the gimmick?

very little time, a few hours of practice....depending on how you want to use it, it could even be less time...
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Randy, just got the download with order.

I know I saw on a thread somewhere what brand speed cube comes with 360 , is it the Aurora? Looking for one to order that stickers will match also. Thanks
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Gulp, not sure... I had a matching cube already from something else, I'm sure someone else can fill that in accurately so you can get the right one...
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
rekoj
View Profile
New user
ENGLAND
50 Posts

Profile of rekoj
Quote:
On May 4, 2018, Decomposed wrote:
Thanks Randy, just got the download with order.

I know I saw on a thread somewhere what brand speed cube comes with 360 , is it the Aurora? Looking for one to order that stickers will match also. Thanks

The cube that comes with the RD360 is not an Aurora
The dimensions of an Aurora are 56mmx56mmx56mm
https://www.speedcube.com.au/products/sh......66166351

The cube supplied with the RD360 is closer dimensionally to a Dayan Guhong 57mmx57mmx57mm
https://thecubicle.us/dayan-guhong-p-30.html

You can get actual cubes used for RD360 from the VanishingInc site
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......ar-cube/
these have the dimensions 57mmx57mmx57mm

The GuanLong speed cube mentioned by Mark from Saturn Magic can possibly have either 56mmx56mmx56mm
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oostifun-YongJu......0OK73TAC

or the dimensions 57mmx57mmx57mm
http://lightake.com/p/Yong-Jun-Guan-Long......560.html

The cube must have the dimesions of 57mmx57mmx57mm to fit snugly otherwise it would rattle.
I have tried it with all cubes mentioned except the GuanLong

The best ones are the Guhong and of course the Regular Rubiks Cube (RRC) from Vanishing Inc
A word of warning the Guhong is a bit noisy but functions much better as a speed cube than the RRC
The RRC however is silent and smooth on it's turns but bad on corner cutting.

Mind you for most of the RD360 routines speed is not a requirement unless you're doing the Akira Solve and corner cutting may aid in the quick turns.
If doing the Akira Solve I don't think sound is an issue as the spectators are seeing you solve it in an instant - in fact the sound does enhance the moment.
singhal5
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of singhal5
I am confused. Which one is better? RD or RD 360? My purpose is to do a cube matching effect
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
For those wishing to use a smaller cube such as 56mm with RD360, it seems like it would be simple enough to stick pieces of thin felt or similar to keep the cube from rattling.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Can stop it rattling it’s just the cube doesn’t match the gimmick but with 2 cube routines and the second cube solved already maybe that doesn’t matter 🙂
rekoj
View Profile
New user
ENGLAND
50 Posts

Profile of rekoj
Quote:
On May 4, 2018, singhal5 wrote:
I am confused. Which one is better? RD or RD 360? My purpose is to do a cube matching effect

If you want to just do a matching cube effect then RD360 is better than RD.
With RD360 as the name implies you can show all 6 sides to genuinely match with a 'twist'
With RD you can show 5 sides to match with the 6th side using a move
Both cost the same $155 each

So one is sleightless and the other is not, but the move for RD is easy.

The advantage of RD over RD360 is it comes with mini-versions of the same gimmick which allow you to do extra effects.
With RD you can do cube to candy as an alternative. Join the facebook group for more ideas/effects

Just watch the trailers for both and see which one appeals to you most. You can't go wrong with either of them.
RD
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......s-dream/

RD360
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......edition/
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Rekoj, wealth of information.

Note: I should be receiving 360 Tuesday. I have watched the video and got the basics of the Akira solve down. I would say its not smooth 50 percent of the time but I think with muscle memory, I can get it there eventually. I had to pull out my speed cubes for better cornering. Im not a finger flicker for my solves. I asked family members after a few times what they liked most of the Cube 3 toss solve or Akira and they both liked toss up solve. That I believe is because of me not the methods. I think I can get better. If not, I still have 360 to use which I am so looking forward to.

Applying stickers I am not looking forward to. Smile

Decomposing Exacto Knife
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
So this is available now at the Reel Magic Marketplace....
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
The great thing about RD 360 is you really do not need to be able to solve the cube. Others may say that but when practicing, you will really mess up the cube and it can be frustrating.

But with RD 360, you should only have to solve after each performance. During practice, no need, the cube should never get mixed.

PS: Solving I mean taking it apart after the gig and putting it back together.

PSS: Really loving Akira. That combined with Cube 3 toss up solve gives a nice one two punch to any cube routine.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Don't take it apart to put it back together if all you need to do is solve it. While I HIGHLY recommend anyone considering Rubik's cube magic to master a beginner solve (ideally, I'd say solving at 30s average is a goal to aim for, but under a minute is fine) - just the same way I'd suggest everyone learning card magic to learn how to shuffle and cut properly. But, if you just need to solve a mixed cube and don't yet know how, you can download free cube solvers on your phone (or use them online even if lacking a smartphone). There shouldn't ever really be a need to break one apart to solve it. ;-)
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Is Rubik's Dream 360 a good place to start if you've never done any Rubik's cube magic before or is this for the more experienced cube magicians ?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
RD 360 is a great place to start for a beginner and infact any magician as it’s super easy and packs a massive punch imho Tarik 🙂
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
I would also highly recommend Takamiz Usui's Penguin Live lecture to anyone interested in starting cube magic. It will give a good foundation to build on. RD360 is a wonderful tool, and there are some great ideas with it that require very little skill to perform, but it also pays to know how to perform magic with a real cube, and watching the lecture will give a good foundation on not just moves and effects, but routining with a cube.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Can you do all the effects in Takamiz Usui's Penguin Live lecture with regular cubes?
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Most of it can be done with just a few regular speedcubes. That said, there's an effect on there where you make one cube change into another object, such as an omni cube, twisted cube, etc. - so in essence those would require extra props, but nothing that is gimmicked, per se. But the vast majority is using anywhere from 1-3 regular speedcubes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubik's Dream 360 by Henry Harrius (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL