The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mental Dice by Marc Antoine (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..23~24~25 [Next]
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
As I said earlier in this thread, I am a huge Promystic fan. If I thought it was disloyal to purchase "Mental Dice" then I wouldn't have bought it. I sincerely hope that Craig doesn't feel that way.

I've had "Mental Dice" for about a week and it's working beautifully. The instant one of the dice is turned the display shows the new number. I can't imagine how this could be done using three dice without some sort of visual display.

I've talked to Marc a couple times in the last few weeks via email and he seems to be very busy making "Mental Dice". I imagine he doesn't have time to spend debating the pros and cons of his new product with all the members of the Café. Plus, his English is not perfect, although I have had no problem communicating with him in the past.

Anyway, I'm very pleased with "Mental Dice". It exceeded my expectations, which is a rare thing in magic.

Robert
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, gidy wrote:
Hi;
Just to complete the picture there is a third player in the field of electronic dice and this is eStooge. eStooge was the first company who came up with the idea of managing multiple dice simultaneously (and WITH MANY MORE useful features! Both for close up and for stage performers!). Here are a few points to consider before making a decision which solution gives you the best value:
1. With eStooge you can choose how many dice you want to use, of course they come in different colors.
2. Both the dice and the receiver (called AP) are rechargeable and last for a long time.
3. Each die also includes "Which hand" effect in it, with the cleanest method ever! (simple PK ring shall do the work for you). You can find and detect each of the dice just by hovering over the spectators hands - while eace color shall send different "code" .
4. Should you wish to use only one die (Close-up, table hopping, etc.) the AP also vibrates according to the die number, no display peeking is needed.
5. The display can be your mobile (Android or Apple) as well as standard looking
hand-watch (which can also be disassembled for palming).
6. You can get fake dice that look like the real dice to give away and convince the spectator that everything is done with regular dice.
7. On top of all the above, eStooge's system has a cloud capability which enables two MAJOR advantages:
a. The spectator can call your friend/partner/colleague/spouse who can be anywhere in the world and he can tell him the outcome of the dice including the numbers and the associated dice color.
b. A prediction letter with the precise time stamp of a certain dice roll and the dice outcome can be on your website or on your Facebook page - No third party assistance needed.

Last, eStooge is a dealer at the Blackpool convention and participates there regularly.
Gidy.

Not sure why you have jumped in someone else's thread to promote your own material. Very poor taste. You would do better to start your own thread, rather than try to horn in on this one. And believe me I have nothing against your company, just your behavior here.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1883 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2017, Robert M wrote:
As I said earlier in this thread, I am a huge Promystic fan. If I thought it was disloyal to purchase "Mental Dice" then I wouldn't have bought it. I sincerely hope that Craig doesn't feel that way.

I've had "Mental Dice" for about a week and it's working beautifully. The instant one of the dice is turned the display shows the new number. I can't imagine how this could be done using three dice without some sort of visual display.

I've talked to Marc a couple times in the last few weeks via email and he seems to be very busy making "Mental Dice". I imagine he doesn't have time to spend debating the pros and cons of his new product with all the members of the Café. Plus, his English is not perfect, although I have had no problem communicating with him in the past.

Anyway, I'm very pleased with "Mental Dice". It exceeded my expectations, which is a rare thing in magic.

Robert

Thank you Robert good to see a review and positive one at that

This thread has been hijacked by people selling other dice items exposure of RD which is nothing at all like this effect as Craig has never offered a 3 Dice version

Good to read that it works perfectly and hopefully look forward to reading some more reviews
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1268 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Thanks Robert for the update, this new option does look great!

HNY 2018 Smile
The Hermit
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, dave_matkin wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, jaizon wrote:
What I find interesting (and a bit alarming) is that since the original post went up on December 15th, the creator of this product has not seen fit to post in this thread. And even if he does not speak English, another smaller issue, surely he has a friend who could help him with that. For me, this does not bode well. Not at all. And no one is THAT busy, not when it's your product that is being discussed.

Good point.... But he could be on holiday though.

Then again he might know better than to try and take on all of the negative BS the fanboys around here throw at someone bringing a new twist or price point to an existing product type. He might just want the product to speak for itself. He owes the magic Café nothing. Positing he died in a plane crash is pathetic. Why on earth aren't people excited about the idea of a new price competitive product? We have three good companies, Promystic, stooge and now this one to offer slightly different takes on an idea. An idea that belongs to no one. Existing magic companies need to find ways to bring down prices or add feature to justify the price. All companies in the real world deal with this. Competition breeds that behavior and improves products. Each product discussed here does different things at different price points. All should be celebrated for enhancing our ability to do new things and at even lower costs. This constant harping on 'stolen ideas' is lame and without merit.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2018, The Hermit wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, dave_matkin wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, jaizon wrote:
What I find interesting (and a bit alarming) is that since the original post went up on December 15th, the creator of this product has not seen fit to post in this thread. And even if he does not speak English, another smaller issue, surely he has a friend who could help him with that. For me, this does not bode well. Not at all. And no one is THAT busy, not when it's your product that is being discussed.

Good point.... But he could be on holiday though.

Then again he might know better than to try and take on all of the negative BS the fanboys around here throw at someone bringing a new twist or price point to an existing product type. He might just want the product to speak for itself. He owes the magic Café nothing. Positing he died in a plane crash is pathetic. Why on earth aren't people excited about the idea of a new price competitive product? We have three good companies, Promystic, stooge and now this one to offer slightly different takes on an idea. An idea that belongs to no one. Existing magic companies need to find ways to bring down prices or add feature to justify the price. All companies in the real world deal with this. Competition breeds that behavior and improves products. Each product discussed here does different things at different price points. All should be celebrated for enhancing our ability to do new things and at even lower costs. This constant harping on 'stolen ideas' is lame and without merit.

You're right. He owes no one anything. But I like creators to respond to the audience they are trying to sell their goods to. Still the fact that he hasn't even dropped in to say hello does seem a bit odd, and he really should answer questions that only he knows about the product. No one has talked about "idea" theft in quite a while, so no need to get your panties in a bunch. I might even buy this if my questions were answered in a timely fashion. I think that's more than fair, don't you?
The Hermit
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
My panties are fine thank you. Non-bunch cotton. Puhleeze on the creator theft thing. It happens every time and effect comes out that resembles another. Here's an idea. If you have a question about a product, why not contact them for an answer? Smile
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2018, The Hermit wrote:
My panties are fine thank you. Non-bunch cotton. Puhleeze on the creator theft thing. It happens every time and effect comes out that resembles another. Here's an idea. If you have a question about a product, why not contact them for an answer? Smile

As a matter of fact I did try to contact him through his website a couple of months ago, but got NO answer. So there is that.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
No offense, but you really need a new avatar Jaizon. I know you're a good guy, but this one's kind of scary.

Robert
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2018, Robert M wrote:
No offense, but you really need a new avatar Jaizon. I know you're a good guy, but this one's kind of scary.

Robert

I'll see what I can do. Don't want people being all nervous and ....
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I'm just teasing you Jaizon, but you do look a little like the Unabomber in that photo. Smile

Robert
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2018, Robert M wrote:
I'm just teasing you Jaizon, but you do look a little like the Unabomber in that photo. Smile

Robert

I do have a hoodie. hmmmm
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
416 Posts

Profile of MitchC
I REALLY want to buy Mental Dice... SO... bunch of high end coin gaffs for sale to cover the cost :-(
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3501 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2017, Robert M wrote:

Robert

Robert glad to hear you are pleased. I echo your thoughts. I tried posting here early as purchased this a year ago from Marc, however the overall posts went in every direction but on the product itself. Will be interesting to share some thoughts with other users. As I stated way back my experience with it over the past year has been very good and it has given me no issues.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4419 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I have done RD all over the festive period as I have for the last 7 years constantly too and trust me no one has a clue it’s consistently a must have on you at all times . It really can be a game changer and sets you up perfectly for everything else you do all evening as spectators truly believe without question you are truly gifted Tarik 🙂
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Ok, since the electronics in the dice are injected molding (it DOES appear that the LED box has a rechargable battery, right ?) - Wondering the lifespan of the dice. AND will there be 'refill' sets of dice available at some point ?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4971 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2018, MitchC wrote:
Ok, since the electronics in the dice are injected molding (it DOES appear that the LED box has a rechargable battery, right ?) - Wondering the lifespan of the dice. AND will there be 'refill' sets of dice available at some point ?

The answers you seek are all in this thread.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Yes, the LED is rechargeable. And, Marc says the dice last 3-4 years in the instructional video.

But, if you turn the dice off after each performance. And, you don't use this every day. I wonder just how long the dice will really last? 7-8 years?

When the dice do die, I also wonder if the dealers who are selling this will replace them instead of having to ship them back to France? And, what the cost might be?

Robert
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of MitchC
I've not done too much dice magic... how is everyone going to use this... I'd think 1 or 2 'regular' dice effects but any ideas ?
Pugwash
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Pugwash
The recharge/replacement cost would be good to know and may be a purchase decider.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mental Dice by Marc Antoine (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..23~24~25 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL