The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mental Dice by Marc Antoine (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25 [Next]
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
712 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Marc Antoine has updated his Mental Dice effect to include a smaller (palm-able) receiver and lowered the price to $295 U.S..

https://dodymagic.com/product/original-mental-dice-complete/

For $100 more (when purchased at the same time as the dice) you can get a compatible thumper device plus a smartphone app that adds some clever features.

The thumper and smartphone app are available separately (for those that already own Antoine's Mental Dice) for $195.

Seems just a bit punishing to charge existing Antoine Mental Dice owners an extra $95 for the thumper and smartphone app when those owners paid well in excess of $295 in the first place. But, the guy's got to make a profit.

Mark
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
I like the App & Thumper Update of Mental Dice Pro

https://mailchi.mp/7d691e257158/ceyi3pqp......ee569ec1
Yepski
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of Yepski
Innovating products is something to appreciate but grace and care for customers is something to celebrate. There are several companies that innovate and care, Dodi Magic is one of them. My personal experience with Marc / Dodi magic has been worth celebrating. Marc has gone out of his way to help me recently. I won’t go into great detail, but Marc went above and beyond to make a customer happy. Now the product...I love the dice, I love the thumper, and after a little tinkering I love the app. Knowing I can email Marc, knowing Marc wants people to like his products, I would buy from Dodi Magic every time.

Scott
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1964 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Strange that the prices are not listed on the site.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
712 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I (and many others) spent over $400 for Antoine Mental Dice. Now the improved version is $299 (at least, it was the last time I was at the Dodi Magic site). If someone buys it now, they can add the app & Thumper to their purchase for an additional $99 (at least, it was the last time I was at the Dodi Magic site). As an early supporter of Marc Antoine, if I want to buy just the app & thumper the price is $199 (at least, it was the last time I was at the Dodi Magic site).

Horse manure!

That is NOT how you “take care of customers”. VERY poor customer service.

Mark
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1089 Posts

Profile of rasp
Magic Mark, you really should wind your neck in a little, some of the things you come out with in various groups just beggar belief.

There was a live event earlier today for 'Voila app'. I posed the question regarding what you have stated in a couple of your posts regarding early supporters and the add-ons. Marc Antoine instantly replied and was very gracious in his response, stating that he will always support people who have bought his products, and to contact him via private message regarding upgrades, add-ons etc.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1565 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Maybe he has to compete with the 'other' version. I do know he changed the re-chargable battery in my rising cards for nothing and paid the postage!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1883 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:
I (and many others) spent over $400 for Antoine Mental Dice. Now the improved version is $299 (at least, it was the last time I was at the Dodi Magic site). If someone buys it now, they can add the app & Thumper to their purchase for an additional $99 (at least, it was the last time I was at the Dodi Magic site). As an early supporter of Marc Antoine, if I want to buy just the app & thumper the price is $199 (at least, it was the last time I was at the Dodi Magic site).

Horse manure!

Mark

I actually agree with you on this one Mark

But it is sad this is now the trend I have seen far too much of late

Back in the days if a new update came out the early supporters were looked after with a discount

But now a days the early supporters get the worse deal possible

Sometimes I get the feeling if I am on the fence about purchasing

Is it best to wait for V2 or the Gold Edition or what ever the improved version is !
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4993 Posts

Profile of videoman
As much as I love Craig Filicetti for his awesome customer service and for everything he has brought to electronic mentalism, I have to say that Marc Antoine’s new thumper totally rocks.

Myself and many others had trouble using PM’s RD when getting high numbers above 4. It’s not so much a practice thing but just how different people’s brains are wired differently. I just had a heck of a time counting out 5 or 6 buzzes while still engaging my spectator and then to double check and confirm it...well, I had a super difficult time doing it reliably and inconspicuously no matter how much I practiced it. I often got it wrong. Smile

However, Marc’s new thumper gives one long buzz for 4, and a long and short for 5, etc. Totally easier and more confident for me to use, and SO MUCH quicker. Makes a HUGE difference! I can finally have fun performing this effect now. Sometimes (and especially when using a single die) a hidden thumper is just so much better that a visual display like with the other dice. The display certainly has it’s place and you will get no argument from me about that, but a thumper is simply better for certain things.

I give Marc tremendous credit for this great improvement on his device.
Adam Meier
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Adam Meier
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2020, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:

Horse manure!

Mark

I actually agree with you on this one Mark

But it is sad this is now the trend I have seen far too much of late

Back in the days if a new update came out the early supporters were looked after with a discount

But now a days the early supporters get the worse deal possible

Sometimes I get the feeling if I am on the fence about purchasing

Is it best to wait for V2 or the Gold Edition or what ever the improved version is !

So for the next iPad that comes out on the market, apple should contact all the previous buyers of the older iPad and offer them a discount on the new one :-D
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4993 Posts

Profile of videoman
AFA early supporters being required to pay more for the new thumper, etc. I would be surprised that if you were to contact Marc that he would not be willing to work out a deal for you.

I just had a situation with different very well-respected dealer where a product I purchased from him had a problem and stopped working, and even though there are disclaimers all over this product that because of it’s unique nature there can be absolutely no guarantee or warranty on it, he ended up kindly sending me a brand new replacement unit at no charge, even for shipping!!!

Obviously I can’t speak for Marc but most magic dealers are good people and want to make their customers happy. If you haven’t already contacted him then I would certainly give that a shot before writing him off.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
712 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2020, rasp wrote:
Magic Mark, you really should wind your neck in a little, some of the things you come out with in various groups just beggar belief.

There was a live event earlier today for 'Voila app'. I posed the question regarding what you have stated in a couple of your posts regarding early supporters and the add-ons. Marc Antoine instantly replied and was very gracious in his response, stating that he will always support people who have bought his products, and to contact him via private message regarding upgrades, add-ons etc.

I did contact Marc Antoine privately. He said he was sorry, but the pricing is the pricing. A magician friend also reached out to Marc Antoine privately and was told (basically) "tough" as well.

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
712 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2020, Adam Meier wrote:

So for the next iPad that comes out on the market, apple should contact all the previous buyers of the older iPad and offer them a discount on the new one :-D

I'm not talking about replacing my original Antoine dice with the new Antoine dice. I'm talking about an ACCESSORY for EITHER set of Antoine dice that is being sold for $100 cheaper to the people buying the less expensive version now.

That is VERY different than switching from one set of dice to the other (which is what your inaccurate analogy suggests).

Mark
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1089 Posts

Profile of rasp
Please post a link showing this vast price difference.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
712 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2020, rasp wrote:
Please post a link showing this vast price difference.

He has taken down all pricing information because he is sold out on the product right now.

When pricing was listed, the price for a brand new (latest version) Antoine Mental Dice was $299 and if you purchased the app and thumper at the same time you were buying the latest dice it was an additional $100. If you wanted to buy JUST the app and thumper, the price listed was $195.

I'm the one that shared the news about the new version of dice in the message above dated July 4. At that time, the link I posted took you to a page with pricing.

Mark
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1089 Posts

Profile of rasp
There are there price points that I can find........

£385...... This is for three dice and the electronic display (no thumper or app).

£195...... This is for the thumper only (the app is free, but only works in conjunction with the thumper).

£295...... This is for the thumper and ONE die only (not three dice).
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
712 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Rasp... You are late to the party. I really don't give a flying spaghetti monster whether you believe me or not. Any number of people that went to that link between July 4 and whenever Antoine took down the pricing can verify what I have posted here.

Mark
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1089 Posts

Profile of rasp
Mark...... That all sounds lovely.
Doric
View Profile
Elite user
481 Posts

Profile of Doric
Love the phrase "flying spaghetti monster" lol. Where did you come up with that one?
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
712 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2020, Doric wrote:
Love the phrase "flying spaghetti monster" lol. Where did you come up with that one?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mental Dice by Marc Antoine (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL