The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Vigil's Card At Any Phone Number (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

So I just purchased this last night, as it was first made available to people that had ordered The Doors of Deception, and will soon be available to everyone else.

This is Paul's take on ACAAN, hence the title, and Paul hates ACAAN effects, but this is very different than your typical tell me a card and a number, this takes it beyond that.

What you will receive is a 9 page pdf detailing everything you need to know to perform this.

I have personally seen Paul perform a variation of this effect, and it is meant to be used as a closer to any parlour type show.

Paul says that when he doesn't do Sympathy for the Devil he performs this, it is that strong.

What is the effect?

Well basically the title says it all, but there is much more to that, as it is 2 phases, one building on the other.
I will let Paul chime in here with more info, as I don't want to spoil it, its too good.

You will need to purchase something else but it will not cost you much about $3.00, and you will need to have a magic prop that most of us already have, or have used in the past, to make this effect.

Not sure if I am at libery to say here what these 2 things are, but trust me, they are obtainable with ease, and I am certain 99% of you will have the needed already.

Paul has carefully thought about this for awhile and you can tell from the write-up that he has performed this millions of times in front of different type spectators, all over the world.

Paul's material only shows the strength to which his magic shines, as well as his dedication to our craft, and careful study of past giants, to whom Paul credits, and develops a new way or a new angle to present an old effect and update it to our century.

Upon reading, I immediately was thinking on how I would use this, your mind will be spinning and you will be happy that you did.

The pdf will be relatively inexpensive, I believe about $30-$40, in that price range, and you will have a knockout effect.

For those that have studied Paul's work in the past, you know Paul doesn't put out filler material, everything he puts out has been honed to perfection, and now he treats us to his thinking on the ever popular ACAAN plot.

For me, out of all of Paul's material the piece I perform the most often, almost every single time is Diplopia. Some might agree with me, some might not, but this new work CAAPN(Card at Any Phone Number), I believe will be used by many.

Once you purchase, there is a Facebook group you will be added to, after answering the security question, and there people can bounce ideas back and forth with each other, just like the Doors of Deception group.

Time and time again Paul continues to fascinate us with his clever thinking, wonderful ruses, and layered deception, if you have ever seen Paul Vigil Live at a convention, King Ink, or hung out with him, you know he is one of the nicest guys in the business, and a very intelligent person that wishes to push the boundaries further and does not rest until this is achieved.

Congratulations on another winner Paul

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Very clarifying text. Now we know what it is all about. Many Thanks.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
The ad copy we received

Coming (very) soon!

I'm finishing a write up (not McD's Aces... yet) of a really great card effect that I'd often use in lieu of Sympathy Cards when closing my show at The Mirage. It uses a gaffed deck we all have, so there's not much in they way of mechanics; it's mostly about how the effect is updated through technology and the presentational touches I've added and utilized over the years.

I

For those of you that know how boring I find ACAAN you'll actually see the one way I do handle the plot.
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Benmorrisrains
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Benmorrisrains
I went to a workshop done by Paul and while I might not do everything he does, the thinking and approach is worth the price of any of the effects (or to hear him lecture). I honestly don't remember this effect clearly as I don't think it worked out correctly because of cell reception in the hotel, but anything he touches is worthy of study.
paulvigil
View Profile
V.I.P.
268 Posts

Profile of paulvigil
Thanks for the kind words, gang. BTW, I'm giving away 3 copies of this today on my Facebook page. Check it out if you're interested. Besides, Happy Holidays to everyone!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
But why share a post of a magic effect to all and sundry. I don’t get it?
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2017, pegasus wrote:
But why share a post of a magic effect to all and sundry. I don’t get it?

THIS.

I never understand magicians asking us to share their post advertising their new trick to win it. So I share it with all my muggle friends... what if one of THEM sees it, shares it, and wins?

I guess I’ll never win those competitions because I refuse to expose all of the laymen to the opportunity. I don’t get it.

Madison
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
And I certainly won’t be buying it now it’s been exposed all over farcebook
paulvigil
View Profile
V.I.P.
268 Posts

Profile of paulvigil
There are 7.6 billion people in the world. I'm giving away 3 copies. Try to be nice and the party poopers show up!
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2017, paulvigil wrote:
There are 7.6 billion people in the world. I'm giving away 3 copies. Try to be nice and the party poopers show up!

Not trying to be a party pooper. I appreciate you giving out the copies. I wasn’t expressing my dislike to you or you product. I was simply expressing my dislike towards this particular method of a “contest” on Facebook. Many creators do it. I’ve just never understood the reasoning behind that type of contest. Actually, I do know the point: to get the creator’s page in front of more people. Sadly, many of my friends on Facebook don’t need to be exposed to the magic community.

Again, I think what you’re doing is great! I appreciate the kindness. And I know those three winners will be very happy.

Madison
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
“Paul is just a soul who’s intentions are good, oh lord (or whatever you believe in) please don’t let him be misunderstood.”

A few years ago I had the chance to see Paul perform at King Ink (The Mirage, LV). Great atmosphere, great show and great guy.
About two years ago I have seen Paul perform at P & T and hung out with him and some others at Darwin’s magic club.
That night I have met some brilliant people who are not only very skillful at the art of magic.
Paul barely shares or promotes something online, most of his posts are thought provoking, entertaining and full of wisdom about life in general.

Normally I wouldn’t react on this sort of discussions. Its a complete waste of time and before you know it you have been called out a fanboy.
The guy gives away three copies, doesn’t expose anything and still there’s criticism, come on guys give yourself a break.
Open up your mind
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of Open up your mind
Hi, Alex said at the beginning that it came with the doors of deception but I can’t find it in the contents of my copy? Is it there under a different name?
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2021, Open up your mind wrote:
Hi, Alex said at the beginning that it came with the doors of deception but I can’t find it in the contents of my copy? Is it there under a different name?

That's not what he said at all.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
No, it was made available first to people who purchased Doors of Deception, but it wasn't part of that book. I believe it was an ebook/pdf.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Where can we buy this?
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2021, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Where can we buy this?

From Paul.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Yes, but where. Do I have to message him? I couldn't find a website where he sells his stuff.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Sent you a PM.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2021, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Yes, but where. Do I have to message him? I couldn't find a website where he sells his stuff.

He's on Facebook. Frequently.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

My question was not how to contact him, but if I had to or if he sold it somewhere online. I appreciate the response though
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Vigil's Card At Any Phone Number (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL