The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Peek Pack by Brian Gillis (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Saw this a while back on Gregory Wilson's site. Anyone received this yet and have any thoughts?

https://thesecretsource.com/gregs-gadgetry/the-peek-pack
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I finally received my Peek Pack by Brian Gillis that I pre-ordered in late November. The method is different from what I expected and I mean that in a good way. This is definitely a "keeper". No reset-great method and practical for all venues. It's not the most inexpensive deck but the cards won't be taking a beating since they aren't genuinely shuffled (false shuffles are fine but totally unnecessary within the context of this routine). Workers will appreciate this very much. It's simple to execute- surefire and fooling- highly recommended Smile
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Anyone else?
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2018, Jerskin wrote:
Anyone else?

Anyone else for what. Brian is a worker extrodenaire. Unlike some performer's who release there gems and no longer perform it after release, this will not be the case here. It is awesome.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
I can post my review tonight
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2018, BMWGuy wrote:
I can post my review tonight

Looking forward to your review.

Out of curiosity is this taught in his Penguin Lecture?
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I havent seen his Penguin Live but even if he does teach it you would still need to purchase the deck

instructional video is top notch and to the point

the pack should last you forever if you take care of it

you might need to change out the box now and again

easy to use deck

stronger and more direct than tossed out deck

real fooler

you can use your imagination if you wish to add like a prediction to it
or even card to seat or different colored back etc etc

worker

brian has been doing this for over 25 years

alex alejandro

ps buy it and thank me later
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Could you not do the same effect with a 3-6 way fo..ing deck?

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
They show him performing this in the Penguin Live trailer but it's not included in the lecture.

Really want to get this as I'm a big fan of Brian gillis.. but hoping it's more than just 6 s**rt cards glued to normal cards.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2018, Chamberlain wrote:
They show him performing this in the Penguin Live trailer but it's not included in the lecture.

Really want to get this as I'm a big fan of Brian gillis.. but hoping it's more than just 6 s**rt cards glued to normal cards.

Its not what you think.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Brian Gillis is awesome.

Can anyone compare this to a pack released by Docc Hilford, that, unfortunately, can't remember the name Smile ?
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
langston3711
View Profile
Loyal user
Cumming, GA
218 Posts

Profile of langston3711
I don't own this one but Docc Hilford's is called the Cassandra Deck. I've used it regularly in the past. Great deck, lots of routines. However, the revelations on this trick seem more direct.
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
...another one to add to my 'must buy' list
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Hi everyone,

here is my review of Peek Pack by Brian Gillis.

Hope it helps Smile

Best,
Kaan
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Good review Kaan.

I will add a few thoughts:

1. There is a knack for rifling the cards that needs to be practiced. I recorded myself doing the riffle in front of a mirror and camera and was able to fine tune my riffling to get the desired outcome. Improper rifling can give the spectator more than one outcome.
2. Some spectators will see a different card than intended. Brian and Greg admits that's possible even though within the presentation, you remind the spec not to think of the card on the front and to only think of a card they see when you riffle. With the possibility of missing one or two spectator's cards out of six, the impact is diminished. Of course, some will say by missing, it makes the magic stronger. Maybe. But I prefer 100% hit.

For $45, I think it's overpriced. You can partially make this yourself without gimmicks, but why bother. Overall, I think there are other card effects that play stronger than this, but for Brian and Greg - this fits them like a glove and it's such a pleasure to see Brian kill with this.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Love this. I saw Brian do this 30 years ago, couldn't get him to talk so duplicated the effect using m**t m****y and a real time s***k. Brian's is so much easier.

Best

Steve
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys

I was going to sell mine, but Jared came up with some alternate handlings that are brilliant

One of the handlings I am now using and you don't have to riffle the deck

Very clean and very powerful

Uses a well known principle plus the Peek Pack

Alex
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2018, BMWGuy wrote:
Hey guys

I was going to sell mine, but Jared came up with some alternate handlings that are brilliant

One of the handlings I am now using and you don't have to riffle the deck

Very clean and very powerful

Uses a well known principle plus the Peek Pack

Alex

Sweet! Are you at liberty to share the tip?
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Yeah think so PM me
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I'm planning to eventually video tape my handling ideas for this deck and send them to Gregory for his review. There many excellent uses for this deck besides those outlined on the download. I have been KILLING with this deck and feel that my additions add to the deception and make performing this easier. These changes will also benefit stage/parlor performances by not having to even think about wanting or needing to execute a deck switch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Peek Pack by Brian Gillis (16 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL