The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Worst customer service award (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Dan Ford
View Profile
Veteran user
Illinois
397 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2019, 13 wrote:
*** BUYER BEWARE ***
Dave from Full 52 Productions never answers his emails and has never sent my items.
Items ordered December 19th. 2018


Thanks for the info 13, saves us a lot of trouble....
baconable
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of baconable
Merchant of Magic - MagicShop.co.uk
don't totally fulfil orders, send out used items and don't respond to complaints
Proton21
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Proton21
Another buyer beware for Dave Forrest.
I also have not received my order (o/n 14550) I have waited over a month with no response from my emails) This has happened before from this company, but I thought it was a one off. This is obviously not the case. Never again will I never order again from full52. How does he stay in business?
13
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of 13
FULL 52 Productions is a RIP OFF ... BUYER BEWARE
13
Proton21
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Proton21
Update. As per a previous poster, I contacted Dave Forrest again and said I would open a PayPal dispute if I did not receive my goods.I received an email within a few hours saying that my order had been posted. I received it 2 days later.
Dan Ford
View Profile
Veteran user
Illinois
397 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2019, Proton21 wrote:
Update. As per a previous poster, I contacted Dave Forrest again and said I would open a PayPal dispute if I did not receive my goods.I received an email within a few hours saying that my order had been posted. I received it 2 days later.


No reason a customer has to go to this measure to receive purchases.
13
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of 13
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2019, Dan Ford wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2019, Proton21 wrote:
Update. As per a previous poster, I contacted Dave Forrest again and said I would open a PayPal dispute if I did not receive my goods.I received an email within a few hours saying that my order had been posted. I received it 2 days later.


No reason a customer has to go to this measure to receive purchases.


Dan, you are so right! Buyer Beware.
13
Mike Gainor
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
133 Posts

Profile of Mike Gainor
I always thought he had an unusual middle name...

Dave 'Caveat Emptor' Forrest

I suppose it's not a stage name? Smile
Image
Puppets seem like vampires sometimes. They live, and you're depleted.
Henry Selick
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
215 Posts

Profile of debjit
Another vote for Blue Crown. Now I exclusively shop at Penguin. Great customer service.
dismany
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of dismany
So I ordered something from Full 52. Order was processed but no shipping information given. I waited a week before emailing Dave to ask for shipping info. Never got back to me. A week later, after reading this thread, I opened a dispute. He emails me tells me it's been sent when it was processed. I receive my item literally a day after I open the dispute, which of course means it was already on its' way as Dave said it was. Will I buy there again? Well, maybe...if he has something no one else has, but yeah I like to know my shipping info if the seller has it. He of course did have the shipping info but by the time he posted it with paypal I had gotten my item. In other words, he sent it promptly but lacked communication. I still feel like an ass though in this situation, since I got the item RIGHT after I freaked.
Mike Gainor
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
133 Posts

Profile of Mike Gainor
It is better to err on the side of caution with him, so don't feel bad (considering his track record).
Image
Puppets seem like vampires sometimes. They live, and you're depleted.
Henry Selick
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4216 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2019, dismany wrote:
So I ordered something from Full 52. Order was processed but no shipping information given. I waited a week before emailing Dave to ask for shipping info. Never got back to me. A week later, after reading this thread, I opened a dispute. He emails me tells me it's been sent when it was processed. I receive my item literally a day after I open the dispute, which of course means it was already on its' way as Dave said it was. Will I buy there again? Well, maybe...if he has something no one else has, but yeah I like to know my shipping info if the seller has it. He of course did have the shipping info but by the time he posted it with paypal I had gotten my item. In other words, he sent it promptly but lacked communication. I still feel like an ass though in this situation, since I got the item RIGHT after I freaked.


I don't see many others posting similar experiences with Dave Forest. I have seen lots more of the negative. His communication IS lacking and I have sent him very few emails to ask about Cubism. I have not had any replies. I accept that he has had some very negative and verging on offensive comments said about him and in emails. But if he had kept people in the loop and communicated with us there would have been a lot fewer complaints.

He could easily turn it around with an honest email to us all and then keep us informed via email.

Don't feel like you freaked. Just drop him an email and say you received it. Close the Paypal dispute - all will be good.
Dave “SPARKY” Matkin

http://www.gofundme.com/MyMadTriathlon

Now AKA........
Smile “WHEELS” Smile
That’s the closest smilies to a wheelchair so I’m using them despite not having a horse ….. or being able to do the walking globe. Mmmmm can you do a walking globe in a wheelchair?
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4216 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2018, Dan Ford wrote:
I recently did a personal test by sending out a small order to a few magic supply companies. I wanted to see how they rate on accuracy of my order, responses to my emails, phone attitude courtesy, promptness and knowledge of what I was ordering. I was very surprised on the outcome. Now I know who I will be ordering from with a larger order. I will not post the losers or the winner. You do your own test, just keep it under $20.00 and see what happens.


Yes and if we all choose the same sellers we will have the same results as you and then we will have all spent under $20 with a range of 4 or 5 dealers for stuff we didn't necessarily need or want but we will all have the same info that you have.

Thanks for sharing.




For me - I now avoid the followong:

Full 52
Dave Forest


I am waiting for several things from Mark Elsdon.

I generally just buy from:

Vanishing
and occasionally from

Saturn
Penguin
Dave “SPARKY” Matkin

http://www.gofundme.com/MyMadTriathlon

Now AKA........
Smile “WHEELS” Smile
That’s the closest smilies to a wheelchair so I’m using them despite not having a horse ….. or being able to do the walking globe. Mmmmm can you do a walking globe in a wheelchair?
bluesmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of bluesmagic
I realize that the topic here is about bad customer service and I'm only a hobbyist but I have a moral need to speak out about a great magician with great customer service who is not with us anymore: Daryl Easton. You can only realize how much bad there is in some people when you know the good people.

A couple of years ago I made an order on his site. Nothing special, just fun items for a hobbyist like me who adores Daryl. The cost was like 35-40 dollars (can't remember exactly). The thing is that my inexperience ordering oversea at the time (I'm from Italy) made me think that my package might be lost or something after like 10-12 days of waiting. Now I know that's normal. So I contacted Daryl by email and he responded very quickly. He said he was sorry for the trouble and that he'ld send me another package with a LITTLE extra goodies for the trouble I had.
So he did and I received that package with the extras. You won't believe me but he sent me about $175 of his magic!!! I immediately sent him an email telling him that if I happened to also recieve the first one I would send it back to him. I was very touched by him giving me all that stuff for free which I still have in that same box he sent me and I keep it with love and care.
After a while I also received the first order (about a month and a half or something like that after shipping) and I sent it back to him.
When I told him that I didn't expect that the LITTLE something he gave me for free was going to be about $175 of stuff he said "Enjoy the goodies, my friend, I can tell that you love the Art" (I recall something like that and he only knew me by email).

I still think about this every now and then! What a man!
As you can see there are beautiful people in the magic community (or should I say there were?) but we're losing a lot of them sadly.
Sorry if I'm off topic but I don't know where to write this and it's something I had on my mind for some years now.
This is an example of more than the best customer service!
Love for Daryl!
dismany
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of dismany
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2019, bluesmagic wrote:
I realize that the topic here is about bad customer service and I'm only a hobbyist but I have a moral need to speak out about a great magician with great customer service who is not with us anymore: Daryl Easton. You can only realize how much bad there is in some people when you know the good people.

A couple of years ago I made an order on his site. Nothing special, just fun items for a hobbyist like me who adores Daryl. The cost was like 35-40 dollars (can't remember exactly). The thing is that my inexperience ordering oversea at the time (I'm from Italy) made me think that my package might be lost or something after like 10-12 days of waiting. Now I know that's normal. So I contacted Daryl by email and he responded very quickly. He said he was sorry for the trouble and that he'ld send me another package with a LITTLE extra goodies for the trouble I had.
So he did and I received that package with the extras. You won't believe me but he sent me about $175 of his magic!!! I immediately sent him an email telling him that if I happened to also recieve the first one I would send it back to him. I was very touched by him giving me all that stuff for free which I still have in that same box he sent me and I keep it with love and care.
After a while I also received the first order (about a month and a half or something like that after shipping) and I sent it back to him.
When I told him that I didn't expect that the LITTLE something he gave me for free was going to be about $175 of stuff he said "Enjoy the goodies, my friend, I can tell that you love the Art" (I recall something like that and he only knew me by email).

I still think about this every now and then! What a man!
As you can see there are beautiful people in the magic community (or should I say there were?) but we're losing a lot of them sadly.
Sorry if I'm off topic but I don't know where to write this and it's something I had on my mind for some years now.
This is an example of more than the best customer service!
Love for Daryl!


Daryl!!! I loved Daryl. I met him briefly a couple times at the magic meeting in Las Vegas...two of the nicest magicians I've ever met I met at that place, that night. Daryl and Johnny Thompson...both gone now and to me the world really does feel smaller and colder with such folks leaving the earth plane. I never bought stuff from Daryl directly but just by the type of personality he had when meeting me it was clear that his love was for the art of magic, not the making of money.
Elizabeth Brookes
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Elizabeth Brookes
Penguin magic have been terrible with me so far.

Trying to get a reply via email takes days, they mess up my order and their partner system is a joke.

I've never had so much trouble with a company than I have with penguin.

Liz
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6657 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2019, Elizabeth Brookes wrote:
I've never had so much trouble with a company than I have with Penguin.

Liz


Welcome to the Café, Liz! This bothers me more than I can say...

Doug
mantel
View Profile
Elite user
450 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2019, Elizabeth Brookes wrote:
Penguin magic have been terrible with me so far.

Trying to get a reply via email takes days, they mess up my order and their partner system is a joke.

I've never had so much trouble with a company than I have with penguin.

Liz


Trying emailing acar@penguinmagic.com
clars
View Profile
New user
Folsom Ca
99 Posts

Profile of clars
Full 52...Never, ever, again.
alondon
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of alondon
Boardwalk Magic in Santa Cruz-- over a month- numerous emails and promises to "make it right" and nothing
Buyer beware!!!!!
Not sure how they can do business that way
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Worst customer service award (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL