The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Control vs. Silent Assistant (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Luckyram, what you say doesn't make sense to me. It looks as if you think layman know about the tools we are using, the kind, of their name. And furthermore, going by your own logic, your post should be deleted too because you use key words like "s*n*d*" and "m*gn*ts" which are searchable.

If someone finds this thread, this guy is very unlikely to be a non-magician. Also, I've never heard of anyone reporting "The spectator knew how I have vanished the coin, he said he found the Raven on Penguin Magic". When someone knew how one of my effect is done, it is because of exposure from their close relatives. The last one I've heard is "I knew you had a th*mb with a p*ncil lead on it, to write your prediction, because my father used to do that to me". Another one, also recently, after I've done Nightcrawler, yet a totally ungimmicked effect, I hear "Are your ring normal ? I know there is out there a ring that can *pen" and when I ask her (she was probably 5 yrs old) about how she knew that, she told me it's his little brother who owns some magic tools. Still another one is "I know your effect, you cause the card to jump to the top, here's how it's done" and she was telling the others how it's done, and she was right. Then she said, "I know that because my little brother does some magic as well".

In my opinion, this is kind of hysterical.

magicinsight, thanks in advance for your review of Control. I'm pretty sure I'm going to purchase at least one of these tools.
luckyram
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of luckyram
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2018, mh1001 wrote:
Luckyram, what you say doesn't make sense to me. It looks as if you think layman know about the tools we are using, the kind, of their name. And furthermore, going by your own logic, your post should be deleted too because you use key words like "s*n*d*" and "m*gn*ts" which are searchable.

If someone finds this thread, this guy is very unlikely to be a non-magician. Also, I've never heard of anyone reporting "The spectator knew how I have vanished the coin, he said he found the Raven on Penguin Magic". When someone knew how one of my effect is done, it is because of exposure from their close relatives. The last one I've heard is "I knew you had a th*mb with a p*ncil lead on it, to write your prediction, because my father used to do that to me". Another one, also recently, after I've done Nightcrawler, yet a totally ungimmicked effect, I hear "Are your ring normal ? I know there is out there a ring that can *pen" and when I ask her (she was probably 5 yrs old) about how she knew that, she told me it's his little brother who owns some magic tools. Still another one is "I know your effect, you cause the card to jump to the top, here's how it's done" and she was telling the others how it's done, and she was right. Then she said, "I know that because my little brother does some magic as well".

In my opinion, this is kind of hysterical.


Huh??....I wasn't referring to a non-magician coming upon the thread here.....I highly doubt it, which is why many similar things are discussed freely as this is more a private club and I don't think laymen or people looking for exposure are primarily coming here for info (nor might they know the actual name of the effect to look up)...I don't see many comments or input from those not "in the know". Could there be lurker laymen perusing this site for info?....yes, but I think that would be a rarity here. YouTube is another matter, however. Anyone could easily see this product vid pop up as a sidebar "related video" if looking up a coin vanish, etc. They might be totally unaware of such a gimmick but by viewing the video would now know and be able to blab about or expose the method. And the part about me using the "m" word, etc.....I refrained from using it in my posts here but unfortunately did not block it out when I copied and pasted my text of email to Sansmind. Keep in mind my mention of it was via a quote from an actual YouTube comment where a poster mentioned the Sanada item as well as others who blatantly called out it's workings. While I should have redacted it here I have no doubt 99.9% of us on MC reading these threads know of or could pretty much guess the method if not describe the actual item....reading the majority of posts & questions about this effect alludes to that. IMO the much more valid & greater concern is those not in the magic community coming upon it on YouTube or otherwise.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Ok, but this is what you say here :

"Exposing such a well conceived idea to laymen or nosy internet browsers dies nothing but hurt the product and potentially tips the secret even without looking for it to anyone who views the video."

You were not talking about magicians. Laymen, at least some of them (and I suspect, a minority of them) will google some key words, such as "how to v*nish a c*in in spectator's hand" and they look for a youtube video. These guys are too lazy to actually put the time to read a thread like this one. But they will not type things like "Raven ... blablabla".

About the guy mentioning Sanada, well of course, SansMinds could have deleted this comment. Even if they didn't, only magicians watch SansMinds Youtube Videos. And if some feel smart to actually construct the gimmick themselves, they can try. If SA is as good as advertised, in its construction and workings, it's unlikely that the homemade gimmick of these magicians will even match SA in terms of reliability. A big waste of time and money, which could and should have been invested in the real, professional product.

I wouldn't bother with the advertisement. There's no need to.
luckyram
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of luckyram
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2018, mh1001 wrote:
Ok, but this is what you say here :

"Exposing such a well conceived idea to laymen or nosy internet browsers dies nothing but hurt the product and potentially tips the secret even without looking for it to anyone who views the video."

You were not talking about magicians. Laymen, at least some of them (and I suspect, a minority of them) will google some key words, such as "how to v*nish a c*in in spectator's hand" and they look for a youtube video. These guys are too lazy to actually put the time to read a thread like this one. But they will not type things like "Raven ... blablabla".

About the guy mentioning Sanada, well of course, SansMinds could have deleted this comment. Even if they didn't, only magicians watch SansMinds Youtube Videos. And if some feel smart to actually construct the gimmick themselves, they can try. If SA is as good as advertised, in its construction and workings, it's unlikely that the homemade gimmick of these magicians will even match SA in terms of reliability. A big waste of time and money, which could and should have been invested in the real, professional product.

I wouldn't bother with the advertisement. There's no need to.


"it's unlikely that the homemade gimmick of these magicians will even match SA in terms of reliability." Exactly....but by exposing the exact item in the product vid it will lead to some attempting to make a poorly constructed gimmick or half azzed version that will ruin it or cheapen the impact of the real item.

You say I was not talking about magicians???...No, I wasn't...I was always referring to laymen coming upon the secret easily from the demo vid....not sure what your point is there.

I just put in "coin vanish gimmick" as a YouTube search and SA turned up...not sure if it's because of my recent history or not but it did show so I assume it can come up to anyone even not looking for it.

No offense...I don't know if you're just being argumentative for argument's sake but I don't get why you have an issue with my concerns or attempts to have SansMind think better of what they did. Where's the harm?? Wouldn't any practicing magician be against purposeful exposure by a magician/magic retailer esp. when it really wasn't needed?....(we ALL here knew pretty much what the method was). The exposing of the item did little to garner interest or excitement about the product....in fact, take that few seconds out (where actual item is exposed) and IMO the demo becomes more interesting, protects the secret, and does nothing but make the desire to purchase it even greater.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1441 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
I actually admire SM for a no BS trailer.
They show you exactly what you are buying.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Luckyram, You claimed earlier (and I quoted you) that SM exposes the secret for laymen, then I answered that laymen will not type keywords like "SansMinds", "gimmick", "Silent Assistant" etc. Even now you continue to assume that laymen will find these videos so easily by knowing exactly where to look for, what key words they should type for these to come up. Sorry but that doesn't make sense at all...

And as reignofsound said, they show you what you buy, they are at least honest about it. Your post initially was about fear of exposure to laymen, not to magicians. Then, that is a non-issue.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1498 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I agree I am glad Sans Mind is showing what you receive as well. To many times we purchase something and then get it and complain about it.
At least we know what we are buying this way.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
So Sansminds finally shows the exact gimmick and now someone is complaining about that too? Lmao, This is why you can’t please everybody and really shouldn’t even try.
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Loyal user
VA
201 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
Back on track. Any reviews or comparisons yet?
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
Hi, here is my review of Silent Assistant:


-

Already made my own version of this ages ago using thumb tip material and magnet, but never replaced my PK Ring. This won't either I'm afraid.
I knew what I was getting of course but still hoped this would have been better than it is.

Fits okay, but seriously, the skin colour is WAY off to my own, which is AVERAGE caucasian white. This is obviously made to match the skin colour of an asian person. It's just annoyingly a few tones too dark. If it was just a bit lighter it would be so much better.

It looks like a brown plaster / band aid. There's no way you'll want ANYONE looking at your hand. A brief flash yes... it'd dissapointing. I thought it would hold up to a little more scrutiny.

The magnet is nowhere near as strong as I was hoping. I'd say 60 percent that of a PK ring.

Oh, and it's NOWHERE NEAR SILENT. The 'ping' nice has gone, but now you're left with a THUD instead. I'd say it's 50 percent quiet, if that. So why is it called SILENT assistant if it is not silent. IT is not silent. Nowhere near. Probably impossible to achieve... but why say it??

This thing might have some uses, for dissapearing shells etc, or youtube videos, but it is Definitely, by no means a replacement for a PK ring and never will be.

Overall: 5/10,

More of a MEH assistant.



Don't know if Control is any better or not.
Mark iNFiNiTi
Creator of Revelation Gum
Join the Revelation @ Saturnmagic.co.uk/revelationgum
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
I have read a moment ago in a french forum, a guy who likes it a lot, and he says it's silent. Well, I guess not everyone agrees on the definition of "silent". If you mean, performing in a library, this is not relevant. It would make more sense, if the silent aspect of SA applies to situation where there is a least some few noises (I obviously don't mean the usual big noise in a restaurant). About the strength now, I don't know, I will wait other reviews. The reason why I would buy this or Control is to do PK effects, not coin vanishes (at least this will not be my main use). About skin color indeed, they should have provided several options for different skin tones.
luckyram
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of luckyram
Regarding the finish, wouldn't it be possible to get a near match flesh tone paint closer to your own and paint the outside? Also, someone on one of their posts mentioned using a rubberized type paint to deal with noise issues, although I'm not sure how that might affect the strength.

That's why Darryl V.'s stuff is prime...everything is well thought out..if you have Movemint you'll know what I mean as with that effect you are given options regarding skin color/tone. I haven't received Control yet but maybe Darryl can chime in and advise whether the same option is included with Control.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Quote:
I just put in "coin vanish gimmick" as a YouTube search and SA turned up...not sure if it's because of my recent history or not but it did show so I assume it can come up to anyone even not looking for it.


That's 99% your search history. I just tried in an incognito window, and I got mostly retention-type "how to vanish a coin" videos, along with a couple for the raven/gecko.

Laymen are much less likely to stumble across it by accident. I still appreciate their candor and upfrontness about what you're getting. But you can't satisfy everyone.
mistifyed
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of mistifyed
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2018, mh1001 wrote:
I have read a moment ago in a french forum, a guy who likes it a lot, and he says it's silent. Well, I guess not everyone agrees on the definition of "silent". If you mean, performing in a library, this is not relevant. It would make more sense, if the silent aspect of SA applies to situation where there is a least some few noises (I obviously don't mean the usual big noise in a restaurant). About the strength now, I don't know, I will wait other reviews. The reason why I would buy this or Control is to do PK effects, not coin vanishes (at least this will not be my main use). About skin color indeed, they should have provided several options for different skin tones.



Hello all....

Vanishes including perfectly silent wave vanish is possible with some of the items in the package.
You can apply some items to other objects such as a coin...with a continuos wave motion of your Palm up hands..the stone, coin, or guitar pick is vanished with zero sound and all cleaned up empty hands in a simple beat with the extra something included in the package.

This is also very strong that is targeted towards pk type effects...with a bit of creativity many other effects are possible...including an instant visual clap vanish off specs hands by means of your hand clapping down on specs hands and vanish executed(simple clean up empty hands in one beat)

LUCKYRAM
Yes, customizing the gimmick to ones hand tone is covered in the instructional.

It is vey Durable and many times more powerful than SA and is secured into place allowing you not to worry about if falling off.

Thanks all.

Darryl Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3028 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Can this do instant vanishes be unseen and rung in and out
with ease ? I am more for changes than pk effects although I love the haunted card regards Tarik Smile
mistifyed
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of mistifyed
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2018, Tarik Flash wrote:
Can this do instant vanishes be unseen and rung in and out
with ease ? I am more for changes than pk effects although I love the haunted card regards Tarik Smile



Yes...I believe there is also more info through-out this thread on this question.

Darryl Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3028 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Ok thanks Darryl just purchased it 🙂
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
745 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
There have been more questions asked on comparisons between Control and Silent Assistant.

Instead of answering all the questions one at a time, I visited with Darryl this past weekend and asked him if we could film him performing some quick visuals with control for you all and he Agreed.
This is more of bonus for you along with some Strong Clear Clarification for you all.

I must say Seeing Darryl do this infront of me was so clean and visual with absolutely No clunk are thud sounds. I might add, Darryl performed some of these effects for me one on one in a perfectly silent room as well. was Perfectly Silent.

Someone mentioned that Silent Assistant has an obvious loud thud sound and other issues. With Darryls Mod that he has allowed me to share with the magic community-->There is absolutely No clunk or thud sounds.

Here Is the Unlisted Youtube Link of the Cool Looking Visuals.
https://youtu.be/5lG8hpckMfY

The Camera does not do it justice in my honest opinion. But you Really can do Everything that "silent assistant" allows and SO much more.


Darryl Has agreed to provide the mod details and an Image... but he explained that he cannot provide detailed photos of the mod applied to the gimmick due to Exposure reasons.


Mod details: (Note - this Bonus stuff is not included on the instructional, But is very simple to do)

-Flesh/Skin colored felt from fabric store or walmart etc.
-Double sided Carpet tape for bond strength(apply to a 2" X 2" square flesh colored felt)
-Then Cut Felt to Size in Image below-->then apply flesh colored felt strip to bottom of control gimmick in centre bottom down middle end to end.
-Apply carpet tape to a steel shim disc that is aprox the size of a quarter and .003" thick--->Stick into your Coin Sh*LL((The shim Darryl Uses is called PRECISION BRAND STEEL SHIM IN GREEN BOX) .003 thickness available anywhere online(Google search Precision Brand Shim)

The Quick get ready and clean up of the main Control gimmick works exactly the same with the extra something in the control kit when Utilizing Darryls Mod.
Simply Follow the Steps above.

that's It...Your Gimmick is ready to perform vanishes, transformations, Changes etc Simply peel the flesh colored felt strip off When Wanting to perform PK Effects etc.



Thanks all

Mike

Click here to view attached image.
Magician, Mentalist, Entertainer.

www.mikebelieve.com
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3028 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Ok to clarify once I receive this do I have to make this up myself or is this to make a spare or tidy up when wearing out etc ? Or is it a diy project from the start ? Best wishes Tarik 🙂
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Bought both, still waiting for Control. Very pleased with SA so far. Instruction covers all details, matching the color to skin tone and how to adjust the magnetic strength to make it silent for the object you work with.

Did coin visual change in my last gig all night. Feels like real magic to show both hands empty lol. No clink when it picks up the shell. I'm so happy as I've always wanted to do this with my PK ring. Worth every penny for me. Can't wait to receive Control and play with it..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Control vs. Silent Assistant (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL