The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Scripting Magic secret promotion (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pete McCabe
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Pete McCabe
Every one of the 500 deluxe boxed sets of Scripting Magic Volumes 1 and 2 has, glued into the front cover of Vol 1, a bookplate signed by me. To make that happen, a courier brought me 500 bookplates one day, which I signed. Pretty sure that’s the only time I’ve ever had an actual courier bring me something.

While I was doing this, I had an idea. I wanted to make a couple of the bookplates special, like a golden ticket from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The people who got those would get something. Not a tour of my house, but something. This is what I did.

Three of the bookplates have a number written on them. If you have one of these books, you win a free script consultation from me. Send me a script, or a video of you doing a trick—or both!—and I’ll send you notes.

To claim your prize, send a photo of your bookplate to pjmccabe@roadrunner.com. I’ll contact you to work out the details.

Just to be clear:
1) You don’t have to have a script. You can just send a video of you performing the trick, and I’ll give you suggestions to help you write a script. (But you'll get more out of it if you have a script.)
2) One trick or routine only please.
3) The notes will address at least three things: the trick, your performing character, and how those two things work together. Other than that I can’t say what my notes will cover until I see your work. Might be a specific line or lines, a different presentation (or a suggestion of one if you don’t have one yourself), an idea to change a prop, a new hook or structure for the presentation, or replacing the props with something else.
4) Depending on my real-world schedule when I receive your script/video, it might take me a week or two to clear the time I need. I hope you understand.
5) Only one prize per bookplate. Other legal-sounding restrictions should also apply, probably.

Please feel free to let everyone know.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1326 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
That is awesome.
GreenKnight33
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of GreenKnight33
Thanks! Sadly my deluxe edition did not have a number but good luck to all, and regardless of this opportunity, get these books! Rich with ideas to really make you slow down and increase the magic you provide your audiences, whether friends or paying customers. So worth it. These two volumes are the pride and joy of my small but mighty magic book collection.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2516 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
What a cool promotion. Good luck to those who purchased! I just checked mine and no number.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5392 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Sadly, all of the deluxe editions were originally advertised as being numbered.
Ghost Counter
View Profile
New user
Plymouth, England
29 Posts

Profile of Ghost Counter
I got mine delivered today in the UK and they are beautiful. No number on mine either (I also thought that all deluxe editions were individually numbered (as was stated on the site that I purchased them from), but hey, these are wonderful books and will take pride of place on my bookshelves alongside other great books such as "Strong Magic" and "The Collected Works Of Alex Elmsley". I just need to find the time to study all this material!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Scripting Magic secret promotion (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL