The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Chris Capehart (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Chris Capehart will be busking tomorrow, Monday, on Hollywood Blvd., a few yards west of Highland Ave. Plan is he'll be there at 11:00 for a couple of hours.

He lectured today and it is a DO NOT MISS EVENT.

He's on his way to lecture in Sacramento, Phoenix and Colorado. check for actual places and dates.

:spinningcoin:
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I met Chris Sat. night at the Magic Castle and he was extremely gracious and friendly. Then I watched his act. He was very funny and his magic is very strong. He closed with his Stars of Magic 3 ring routine. I have never seen a crash link of such perfect illusion. It is stunning. I think he blew away the other magicians more than ordinary audience members because we knew what was happening but could not see it at all! Just stunning. Chris calls it the "impossbible link."

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
He really is just one of the nicest guys. His ring routine is flawless and he's a wonderful entertainer. If I were out on the west coast, I would be there in a heartbeat but for now I'm in Philadelphia. I've never seen somebody get close to 20 minutes with a run rabbit run before while keeping everyone laughing hysterically until Chris.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
You really have to be amazed at Chris's "Impossible Link." I do it all of the time (I learned it from Chris, practiced from his DVD, and refined it from the Stars of Magic notes) and I blow away magicians and lay people alike with it regularly!

I adapted a couple of moves from Cellini's "Lord and Master of the Rings" into the routine, but the main portion of the routine I do is directly from Capehart (with my own patter of course)

And it kills!!!

What is almost as amazing as the Impossible Link, is the unlink which is seamless and sweet. One second the rings are linked, and spun, and then "whoosh" they are apart.

I have even gotten people to agree with me, that the rings were never linked (even though they saw them linked and spun) after I unlink.

I agree with James that magicians are as amazed as spectators because they know what is happening, but simply don't/can't see it. I don't like to perfrom many effects for magicians, but THIS is one routine that I ALWAYS love to do for magicians!

Chris is a fun guy and a terrific entertainer! If you can catch his lecture or performance, don't miss it!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13370 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I saw his parlor show on Saturday night.
Lots of fun.

There's a lot of built-in humor in that man's act. That's for sure.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I agree Frank, it comes from the character he plays. By the way, his miser's dream was terrific too with an hilarious ending.
BroDavid, I got him to sign the Stars of Magic publication that you gave me! Only thing about the ring dvd, is that he doesn't teach the unlink after the impossible link. I can see what he's doing, but I it slipped his mind to teach it.

TwistedAce, I was just back in the Philly area a couple weeks ago and I will be back again in August I think for 3 or 4 weeks. Do you know of any busking spots in the city?

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
South Street area is probably your best bet Jim. Like I said, I don't do busking but I know that's where Chris has worked. It's a big tourist attraction and main hang out place here in Philadelphia so I'm sure you'll get some response. Let me know when you'll be here and maybe we can meet up.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Cool Jim, I never did get his autograph. So I am glad that you did. And you got it on the notes I sent too! Good! That makes me all the happier to have sent them. I knew you would make good use of them.

But as for the unlink, I had to slow the DVD down and go frame by frame on a couple of different sequences quite a number of times to finally pick it up.

But once you "get it" it is slicker than a well waxed ski! If you want a tip on it, pm me.

The unlink was what really blew my magician friends away. It is one thing to know what must be happening on the crash or impossible link and still not see it. And since magicians know what happened, even if they didn't see it, they weren't exactly amazed. But the unlink, on the other hand, is just unexplainable to anyone trying to figure it out, as it happens so fast.

Most of my street routine is just the rings. I can go short with it, or much much longer depending on the crowd. And until I saw Capehart, I had only tried one ring routine; Cellini's. It was elegant, and powerful, but just not my style. Once I met Chris, and saw his routine, I knew the "In your face" nature of it was going to fit me just fine. And it does!!!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13370 Posts

I can't remember the ending of the Miser's Dream.
Hm..... think, think.....
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Frank, it involved one end of the Rabbit...

Sorry I didn't hook up with you guys afterward. Let me know next time you're coming down here.

Jim
Swami Bill
View Profile
Regular user
Le Monde
135 Posts

Profile of Swami Bill
The rabbit... and Chris were in Denver last night. Great lecture from a wonderful guy. Nothing more to add except to agree with the other posters to say don't miss it.

- Bill
That's MISTER Swami Bill to you.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13370 Posts

Oh. That's right!!!! I remember, now.

Thanks Jim!

And I will let you know.

Cheers,
Frank
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Look forward to it, Frank.

Twistedace,
I will certainly let you know when I'm back in Philly area this summer.
Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Chris Capehart (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL