The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Vegas! May 2018 (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Luke Jonas
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire UK
191 Posts

Profile of Luke Jonas
I am travelling to Vegas for the first time in the first week of may 2018. I'm there on my honeymoon from the UK, however, I would love to catch some magic along the way. I don't just mean the BIG shows like Copperfield and Penn and Teller but the smaller stuff too maybe off the beaten track so to speak? I'm also hoping to find some Magic shops whilst there.
Open to any recommendations.
Regards,
Luke Jonas.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Make sure to see Mac King!
Anton4
View Profile
New user
Rensselaer, NY
56 Posts

Profile of Anton4
I second that! I've seen Mac's show about 10 times and it never disappoints. It's been a few years so I plan on seeing it again this April. FYI it's an afternoon show at Harrah's.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
I was recently in Vegas for a few days and saw the following shows -

Mac King
Matt Franco
Murray
David Copperfield
David Goldrake
Penn & Teller

By far the best shows were Penn & Teller and Matt Franco with Mac King and Copperfield being great as always.

Murray and Goldrake.... I wouldn't bother. (I really like Murray from various magic lectures, but his show was pretty lackluster. Goldrake.. I don't even know where to start.)
Luke Jonas
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire UK
191 Posts

Profile of Luke Jonas
Thank you
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Veteran user
Randolph NJ
321 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
I'll also throw in a vote for Mac King! Some think it's only a family show but don't be deceived by his fun "aw, shucks" persona. The guy kills it and is one of the very few comedy magicians who is actually both funny and amazing. My wife who has been forced to see more magic than she's ever cared to loved his show. Trust me if my wife liked it that's about as good an endorsement as you'll get!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If you want a big type magic show Criss Angel is not a bad ticket. He gets a a lot of heat for a lot of reasons.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
I'm actually hoping to see Angel's show before it closes this year. The last couple times I've been out there his show has been dark.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am not a fan of the box pushing, furniture mover style of magic. But I saw this show when it first opened, then a little later and I would never have recommended it. Then I went this past week and it had truly grown. If that style of magic is what you enjoy you will not be disappointed. It is definitely good.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Hopefully I'll get out there again before October. Sounds like something I should see.

Have you seen Goldrake's show?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Luke Jonas
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire UK
191 Posts

Profile of Luke Jonas
Piff the magic dragon was a highlight! Copperfield's show was very well produced too
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Vegas! May 2018 (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL