The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Think Is Back (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2192 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guy's

Think Nguyen is back with his second DVD Vermillion.

Here's what what people are saying about Thinks magic

"Think's card magic is fresh and fun to watch and perform. He has a little of everything, devastating subtleties, exciting plots and technical sleight of hand. I highly recommend studying his work" DOC DOCHERTY

"Think’s creations are a series of lovely beautiful things” PAUL Harris

"Think is insane! - His performances are slick and his technique is impeccable. I’m a fan! ” PETER TURNER

"Think creates and performs some of the most intelligent, innovative and original card magic I've had the pleasure of seeing. He combines a love of obscure methodology with a commitment to clear, direct and powerful effects. I'm confident that you'll thoroughly enjoy his offerings.” ROSS TAYLER

‘ I LOVE THINK’S WORK ! ‘ SHIN LIM

Vermillion is available on DVD or as an instant download you can watch the trailer here https://www.alakazam.co.uk/category-NEW-MAGIC-TRICKS.html

Happy New Year!

Peter Nardi
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1620 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Think's first DVD Parallels had one of the most magical card moves I've ever seen in it, I'm genuinely excited to see what's on this one, his material is brilliant.

Phill
-+: https://www.mythologycodex.com :+-

A collection of incredible jaw-dropping mentalism, now available.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2194 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Ordered it, will post a review soon.

Heard some great stuff about Think, so I hope this is good.

Thanks

Stay tuned

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of sjrw
Would love to hear your thoughts Alex?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11568 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2018, sjrw wrote:
Would love to hear your thoughts Alex?

I'm not sure you can really "hear" someone's thoughts. Haha just kidding.

I'd like to read your review as well.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7511 Posts

Profile of pegasus
No difficulty rating. Anyone hazard a guess?
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1643 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Parallels was absolutely brilliant! Two of the routines in there I now use practically everyday! And the Fairy Dust move is absolutely incredible! A work of pasteboard art! I cant wait to check this one out too!

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2194 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Alright so my review is coming up in a bit.

I wanted to fully go over everything and try a few of the routines out on people since getting this.

Coming up in a bit.

alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2194 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Alright so I got this right away I happened to be on Alakazams site right after new years, and I saw it, and immediately purchased since I have heard some great things about Think and his magic.

Anyways, you learn 15 routines, some are easy, some are almost self working, and some require you to know some sleights like culling, pass, etc. Some items require preparation of some sorts, others do not.

Some deal with gambling themes, others deal with estimation, and presentation and how you want to spin this to your structure and style.

Think's magic in a way reminds me a lot of like Joe Barry, some Higham, Tom Rose, and people like that. He is very casual and sometimes when you think he is going to do something, he already did it, and you didn't catch it. Think is good.

Now is this DVD set for you: It depends on what style of magic you are looking for and what you are striving to achieve with your magic.

If you like gambling routines, there are a few: I believe 2 or 3, of the top of my head Gamblers Triumph and Easy Poker Demonstration

If you like magician foolers, some of these might fool your friends, if they havent already heard of think or seen him work.

If you like very casual laid back type magic, like Joe Barry, then this might be for you.

How will I rate this DVD, and what did I get out of it.

Well one one think that with 15 routines, if you can at least use 1 or 2 then you got your moneys worth, since you will be adding that particular routine to your repertoire, I actually got 3 routines that I love and have been practicing, and have actually done 2 out of the 3 already at get togethers and with friends.

Which routines did I particularly enjoy:

1) 9th configuration = this is Think's take on the Pre-Configuration routine from Larry Jennings, and Ben Earl, and Mark Elsdon, and more. I have done Mark Elsdons and Ben Earls and Jennings, and this is another easy self worker, that you can do in no time. 10/10

2) Rock Paper Scissors Sign = I believe this will also be taught in his Penguin lecture on Jan 21st, once you learn the method, you would think that the spectators will find out the method, but trust me they wont, I have already done it impromptu and it kills. Basically you play a game of rock paper scissors with the spectator after they freely select a card and replace, and then it turns into a very fair and clean CAAN routine. 9/10

3) 1,2,3 Count on me = this is something that you will see and think that the method is transparent, but I have actually done this already half a dozen times, and nobody has figured it out. Easy routine, practically self working.

The other routines, involve for example, a triumph type effect, sandwich effects, an effect in which the Jacks jump from top to the middle, very easy to execute, estimation, which this section is good if you already do a version of cutting to the aces,and memory separation, which is like a rain man type effect in which you apparently memorize all the cards and you can prove it, and then you also separate the colors at the end. Very strong effect, but a little difficult to do, plus its not really my type of effect, but for some of you this will be the effect you will be studying.

All in all, you cant go wrong with this DVD, if you enjoyed Inscrutable 1 & 2, and Tom Rose's DVD, then you will certainly enjoy Think's Vermillion.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
sevenup
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
147 Posts

Profile of sevenup
I'm having fun with 9th configuration. That is a very nice effect. There was one scenario that was not discussed though. In the case the four of a kind is all bunched up near the face of the deck, just do a quick wide spread of the first 20 cards or so to check for that condition. If so, just casually cut the deck and check again. Easy fix.
If Max Maven has a drivers license, why doesn't he drive?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Think Is Back (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL