The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blackpool 2018 New Releases! (36 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I know Pegasus was just having a laugh Tarik 🙂
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2018, Colin (C.J.) wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2018, warren wrote:
It will be interesting to hear what people think is the trick of the convention once its over and the hype as died down as so far I haven't seen anything advertised that makes me think wow I've got to get that.

JB Magic has some interesting releases. Here's some more detail.
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2018, Rob.m wrote:
New for Blackpool from mark mason - J B Magic

Hi Everyone
Welcome to our first newsletter for 2018. We appreciate all our customers support in our line of products. This will be our 30th year in the magic business, WE THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU.

2018 is shaping up to be something special. We have 4 brand new items for this year. If you are coming to the Blackpool Magic Convention be sure to come over and see them demonstrated. Nothing beats seeing these effects done live.

EYEPHONE - SIMPLY BRILLIANT - MY HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION.
C.S.B CARDS - COPPER,SILVER, BRASS - WITH PLAYING CARDS.
DULY NOTED - THE METHOD IS JUST RIDICULOUS, IT'S SO GOOD.
REBOXED 2018 MAGNETIC - YOU ASKED, WE DELIVERED.

PLEASE NOTE
NONE OF THESE EFFECTS ARE OFFICIALLY RELEASED. THEY ARE NOT YET LISTED ON OUR WEBSITE.

ANY QUESTIONS
You can contact me by email
Email: jbmmarkmason@aol.com

EYEPHONE By Alan Boyd

In July 2017 I sat down with Chris Kenworthey to discuss bringing the EYEPHONE to the magic community.

Its now Feb 2018, almost 8 months of development work with different phones, designs and engineering has brought us to the final EYEPHONE.

I truly believe this is one of the best peek devices I have come across in my 30 years of magic. It TICKS ALL THE BOXES.

The magician removes their phone, asking the spectator if they too have a cell phone. (who hasn't?). A business card is removed from the credit card holder attached to your phone.

You now ask, if like you, they have a list of contacts on their phone. They write down ANY contact on your business card. It can be a person, a place, ANYTHING.

The card is kept face down and slid back in among your credit cards. You really cannot see the card at all.

WITHOUT ANY QUESTIONS OF ANY KIND. You can reveal the exact person or place they thought of.

As much as I would like to, I cannot write the method here. Lets just say the method for this effect, is the perfect application for this product.

It really is unbelievable how good this prop looks.

I mentioned earlier about TICKING boxes.

PROFESSIONAL LOOKING PROP - TICK
EVERYDAY OBJECT - TICK
BRILLIANT METHOD - TICK
ANY LANGUAGE - TICK
NO QUESTIONS - TICK
NO RESET - TICK
NOTHING TO BREAK OR REPLACE - TICK
SUPER EASY - TICK

Mark & Chris would like to thank Bob Swadling for his help in engineering the Eyephone.

Please note - Although this looks exactly like a cell phone, this is NOT a working I Phone. PRICE £75

C.S.B CARDS By Mark Mason

Mark has taken the classic copper, silver, brass coin plot and made it with cards. Yes, that's correct, CARDS!

A JACK, QUEEN AND KING are handed out for examination. They can be fully examined on both sides.
Your spectators will not believe what they see; the transpositions are so clean, so fair, and so visual.

REMEMBER - EVERY sequence is FACE UP. They ACTUALLY see the JACK and QUEEN in the right hand, the KING remains in the left; with no moves of ANY KIND, everything changes places.

FOUR individual phases make this ONE KNOCKOUT ROUTINE.

The routine, along with Mark's patter make perfect sense.

I am no mentalist, however, I predict this little gem will be in your pocket, EVERYWHERE YOU GO.

COMES COMPLETE WITH

3 Custom printed cards
1 CSB-CARD GIMMICK
Video instructions with Mark's full routine. PRICE £20

DULY NOTED By Danny Weiser

Here is a brilliant effect that's really clever and really different.

THIS CAN BE A DIFFERENT CARD EVERY TIME.

A prediction written on a post-it note is shown to your spectator. It reads YOU WILL SELECT THE 4 OF DIAMONDS.

The post-it note is stuck on to card box. The deck is removed from the box. You claim that they will select the exact card written on the post-it note.

A card is selected and shown. It does not match your prediction. It's not even close! LET'S SAY THEY SELECT THE 2 OF CLUBS.

The post-it note with the WRONG CARD written on is peeled from the box. The magician slowly waves the post-it note over their selection.
The post-it note is now handed to the spectator. It now reads YOU WILL SELECT THE 2 OF CLUBS. THE WRITTEN PREDICTION ACTUALLY CHANGES!!

THE METHOD FOR THIS IS TERRIFIC.

Comes with 2 different handlings plus the custom-made gimmick.

It really can be a totally different card every time. Whenever you can leave an impossible item with the spectator, this strengthens your magic 10 fold.

Resets in 2 seconds. Easy to do, yet looks amazing. PRICE £25

REBOXED By Steve Bedwell
2018 Magnetic Version

Reboxed is a jaw dropping, pure moment of magic.

I am a huge fan of Steve Bedwell, his thought process is simply MAGIC.
Reboxed has become a classic of magic and is performed by magicians world-wide.

Over the last 2 years numerous magicians have asked me if I can make them a magnetic version, so that the gimmick always lines up perfectly EVERY TIME.

This is an eye popping effect.

A deck of cards is removed from its box. Slowly, with no cover of any kind, the entire deck VISUALLY PENETRATES the card box. The box is re-opened.
The entire deck is now back INSIDE the card box.

Remember it's a regular deck, you can openly toss the box onto the table and go straight into any card routine you like.

Comes complete with all the props and step-by-step video instructions. PRICE £20

Nothing there made me sit up and take notice, that's not to say they aren't good obviously.
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Can someone please inform Karl M of the new baggage restrictions for the Blackpool convention 2018.

Smile

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
Quote:
It will be interesting to hear what people think is the trick of the convention once its over and the hype as died down as so far I haven't seen anything advertised that makes me think wow I've got to get that.

Quote:

Hi Everyone
Welcome to our first newsletter for 2018. We appreciate all our customers support in our line of products. This will be our 30th year in the magic business, WE THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU.

2018 is shaping up to be something special. We have 4 brand new items for this year. If you are coming to the Blackpool Magic Convention be sure to come over and see them demonstrated. Nothing beats seeing these effects done live.

PLEASE NOTE
NONE OF THESE EFFECTS ARE OFFICIALLY RELEASED. THEY ARE NOT YET LISTED ON OUR WEBSITE.

ANY QUESTIONS

EYEPHONE By Alan Boyd

In July 2017 I sat down with Chris Kenworthey to discuss bringing the EYEPHONE to the magic community.

Its now Feb 2018, almost 8 months of development work with different phones, designs and engineering has brought us to the final EYEPHONE.

I truly believe this is one of the best peek devices I have come across in my 30 years of magic. It TICKS ALL THE BOXES.

The magician removes their phone, asking the spectator if they too have a cell phone. (who hasn't?). A business card is removed from the credit card holder attached to your phone.

You now ask, if like you, they have a list of contacts on their phone. They write down ANY contact on your business card. It can be a person, a place, ANYTHING.

The card is kept face down and slid back in among your credit cards. You really cannot see the card at all.

WITHOUT ANY QUESTIONS OF ANY KIND. You can reveal the exact person or place they thought of.

As much as I would like to, I cannot write the method here. Lets just say the method for this effect, is the perfect application for this product.

EVERYDAY OBJECT - TICK
BRILLIANT METHOD - TICK
ANY LANGUAGE - TICK
NO QUESTIONS - TICK
NO RESET - TICK
SUPER EASY - TICK

Mark & Chris would like to thank Bob Swadling for his help in engineering the Eyephone.

Please note - Although this looks exactly like a cell phone, this is NOT a working I Phone. PRICE £75

Mark has taken the classic copper, silver, brass coin plot and made it with cards. Yes, that's correct, CARDS!

A JACK, QUEEN AND KING are handed out for examination. They can be fully examined on both sides.
Your spectators will not believe what they see; the transpositions are so clean, so fair, and so visual.

REMEMBER - EVERY sequence is FACE UP. They ACTUALLY see the JACK and QUEEN in the right hand, the KING remains in the left; with no moves of ANY KIND, everything changes places.

I am no mentalist, however, I predict this little gem will be in your pocket, EVERYWHERE YOU GO.

COMES COMPLETE WITH

3 Custom printed cards
1 CSB-CARD GIMMICK

A prediction written on a post-it note is shown to your spectator. It reads YOU WILL SELECT THE 4 OF DIAMONDS.

The post-it note is stuck on to card box. The deck is removed from the box. You claim that they will select the exact card written on the post-it note.

A card is selected and shown. It does not match your prediction. It's not even close! LET'S SAY THEY SELECT THE 2 OF CLUBS.

The post-it note with the WRONG CARD written on is peeled from the box. The magician slowly waves the post-it note over their selection.
The post-it note is now handed to the spectator. It now reads YOU WILL SELECT THE 2 OF CLUBS. THE WRITTEN PREDICTION ACTUALLY CHANGES!!

It really can be a totally different card every time. Whenever you can leave an impossible item with the spectator, this strengthens your magic 10 fold.

REBOXED By Steve Bedwell
2018 Magnetic Version

Over the last 2 years numerous magicians have asked me if I can make them a magnetic version, so that the gimmick always lines up perfectly EVERY TIME.

A deck of cards is removed from its box. Slowly, with no cover of any kind, the entire deck VISUALLY PENETRATES the card box. The box is re-opened.

Remember it's a regular deck, you can openly toss the box onto the table and go straight into any card routine you like.

Comes complete with all the props and step-by-step video instructions. PRICE £20

Why did you bother posting this huge post when it’s already been posted and copied several times
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2018, rowland wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Hi Everyone

PLEASE NOTE

ANY QUESTIONS

EYEPHONE By Alan Boyd

EVERYDAY OBJECT - TICK
BRILLIANT METHOD - TICK
ANY LANGUAGE - TICK
NO QUESTIONS - TICK
NO RESET - TICK
SUPER EASY - TICK

COMES COMPLETE WITH

3 Custom printed cards
1 CSB-CARD GIMMICK

REBOXED By Steve Bedwell
2018 Magnetic Version

Why did you bother posting this huge post when it’s already been posted and copied several times

Apologies.
pancho247
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of pancho247
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2018, pegasus wrote:
Anyone meeting up with Karl M?

Where is Karl m these days? Not seen any activity from him in a while
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
I'm thinking it's something like this:

https://www.casehut.com/products/terrapi......EALw_wcB
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2018, SleepyMagic wrote:

Thank you for the link and photo. I undestand now. Thank you very much. It does not seem to be a safe thing to do to have to take out your credit cards everytime you want to use your cell phone. Anyhway, thank you for your help. It makes more sense now.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:

I don’t think it’s like this or why would they have to supply you with a dummy phone
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
Quote:

I don’t think it’s like this or why would they have to supply you with a dummy phone

That's the only way I've ever seen a credit card holder on a phone so I was assuming it's like that.

Sleepy
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
246 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2018, magicinsight wrote:
I am confused with regards to one portion of the description of the EyePhone effect. The description states that a business card is removed from the credit card holder attached to your phone. I have not seen a credit card holder ever attached to a cell phone. Is this common type of phone case that I am just not familiar with? Also, if the card with the information will then be placed back inside the credit card/business card holder in order to get the p..k, why not then just use a SUC type of wallet or business card holder?

I do like Mark Mason's items. Perhaps I just need to get more information about it or just to see this in person or a video demo of it.

Michael

Even with the posted "what it could be" pics, I'm interested in Eyephone and Duly Noted, but definitely not before seeing a demo video...
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2018, pancho247 wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2018, pegasus wrote:
Anyone meeting up with Karl M?

Where is Karl m these days? Not seen any activity from him in a while

He was banned.
Smile
All the good ones are banned. Mind you I’m still here. Smile
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
196 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
I enjoyed Karl M, a funny man created him. What is slightly worrying is the deluded souls on here who are real people. Oh dear.
DR
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
Email from Vanishing Inc

Blackpool 2018, New Products and More!
Every year, the Blackpool Magic Convention attracts almost 4000 magicians from all over the world and this year is set to be bigger and better than ever. We are so excited to see many of you there and we hope that you will stop by the Vanishing Inc. booth to say 'hi'! We (Andi and Josh) will be there, so will Ben Earl, Ondřej Pšenička, Morgan and West plus some surprise guests too.

Must-see Blackpool lectures
Eric LeCleric, Friday 16th, 4:30pm, Spanish Hall
Andi Gladwin - Saturday 17th, 3pm, Spanish Hall
Ben Earl - Saturday 17th, 7pm and 9:30pm, Spanish Hall
Morgan and West - Sunday 18th, 10am, Spanish Hall
Since this is Blackpool's biggest year yet, we knew we had to pull out ALL of the stops and we have been working hard to prepare 20 (really!) new releases. So whether you are after cards, close-up, mentalism, parlour, street magic or stage, we have some amazing new products to show you! Here are a couple of teasers:

Real Deck Switches by Ben Earl - This DVD is going to amaze and inspire you in equal measure. 25 BRAND NEW deck switches for all situations. Be sure to watch Ben's lecture to see them in action. He will also be demonstrating his amazing card skills on the booth too.

Of Dice and Men by Tom Stone - Tom Stone's "Hug/Kill" trick has become famous but it has never been available to buy... until now. You receive everything that you need to perform this hilarious opener as well as Tom's expert tuition. This will become your go-to opener for parlour or stage.

Decoded by Morgan and West - Heard of two-person telepathy (a way to covertly communicate with another person during a regular conversation)? Morgan & West are experts in this field and their new 2 DVD set proves that it is not as difficult as you may think. Better still, many of their systems are designed to be quickly taught so that you and your friends can all learn this amazing system.

Mint-O by LJ - The linking mint trick is one of the most widely sold magic tricks in the world. In collaboration with Australian street magician LJ, we have given it a much needed update and we are proud to be the first ever shop to be producing a licensed version with full permission from the originator!

Dead Man's Deck - Card collectors rejoice. We have a number of really special decks to show you this year but the Dead Man's Deck could be the most unique deck we have ever produced. If you know the story of Wild Bill Hicock, you will understand why there is a real bullet embedded in this unique deck of cards! These are LIMITED EDITION so do not miss out!

Amazebox Kraft by Mark Shortland and Theory 11 - Collaborations are always exciting to us because we get to work with our best friends to product amazing products. Alongside Theory 11, we have spent over a year and a half working on the AmazeBox Kraft. This has all of the features of the original AmazeBox but is vastly improved for better handling and durability. It looks gorgeous and we know that this is going to set the new standard for on-stage switching devices.
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2018, SleepyMagic wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's the only way I've ever seen a credit card holder on a phone so I was assuming it's like that.

Sleepy

Having played with this I think it would work marvellously with Nick Einhorn's digital force bag. A one two punch that's sure to amaze.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
So if you get a dummy phone it seems that would preclude you being able to use your own phone as part of the same routine or set.
Unless the dummy were to closely match your own phone which seems unlikely, and then your phone would also need a matching credit card holder attached to it.

So all of in all, I doubt you could get away with using any other effect requiring your own phone such as DFB.
Hope I’m wrong though.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Can anybody please confirm whether there are less dealers here this year due to the winter gardens being under refurbishment and scaffolding being present all around the Empress ballroom and beyond etc ? Kind regards Tarik 🙂
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2018, Tarik Flash wrote:
Can anybody please confirm whether there are less dealers here this year due to the winter gardens being under refurbishment and scaffolding being present all around the Empress ballroom and beyond etc ? Kind regards Tarik 🙂

Usually they say there are over 130 dealers, this year they are saying around 150 so there could be more dealers
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
We just added an extra news at our new release! Check my post here:
https://www.facebook.com/lucavolpemagic/......69707341
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blackpool 2018 New Releases! (36 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL