The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Attaching Mirrors to Sword Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I am restoring my old sword box illusion ala Temple of Benares. The mirrors are attached with a 1/2" aluminum frame all around the edges.
Is there a way to get rid of the frame edges and attach the mirrors just to the wood itself?
I want it in such a way that just the mirrors are visible. Is this possible? Thanks!
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Switch to Plexi Mirror and glue the mirror to the solid back.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Go to the hardware store and get a product called "Mirror Mastic" ... it's designed to attach mirrors to things. I first heard about it almost 20 years ago when the "Le Grands David" show used it in building their sword box. I've seen it at Home Depot.

Alternately, visit a glass shop. They'll certainly have many ideas for you, as they work with mirrors more often than illusionists!
HarbinJr.
View Profile
Elite user
I only have
450 Posts

Profile of HarbinJr.
You can always use liquid nails and glue the mirrors to the wood! Crazy idea I'm sure.

Robert
Clayton Cavaness
View Profile
New user
Arkansas
56 Posts

Profile of Clayton Cavaness
I agree; use liquid nails. And use a plexi mirror.

And take a black marker and go over the edges of the mirror. This will hide that sometimes visible line that might show up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Attaching Mirrors to Sword Box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL