The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Mini Spiker or Rubber Neck? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi Group

I am buying an illusion for my family show, however I can't decide if I should go for the Mini Spiker by Doug Malloy OR Rubber Neck by Greg Frewin & Nathan Burton?

I would deeply appreciate if anyone who own this 2 illusions can advise the pro & con of ea....many thanks Smile

btw, is the rubber neck practical to be used in a house setting with kids sitting 15 feet away....? or strictly stage setting....?

as for the mini spiker, did the lady go into the base or it works like Temple of Benae(sp.) with half body in base...etc.

Any other illusion by any Illusion Builer around the same budget& portability to carry?

Many thanks Smile

Thanks for any advise & have a great day!

Warmest Regards
doveboy
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Doveboy,

Illusions are for theater stages only. They do not fit or work in a house. I don't know any house with a 15 foot living room, maybe a basement, but then the illusion would not fit thru the door.

Here on the Café we do not expose secrets, so I cannot answer you question about how it works.

Good luck in your illusion show endevor.
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Kline
Dove,
Check out Bill Smiths Death Drop - WAY better than Dougs piece !
Email me - I might have a pic of it !
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
Brent W
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
123 Posts

Profile of Brent W
The rubber neck is ONLY for the stage and some distance is needed from the audience.I have owned one and sold it. The mini spiker, in my opinion, is a better made prop, but again, you probably won't have the room to work it in a living room, it is a STAGE effect....
Clayton Cavaness
View Profile
New user
Arkansas
56 Posts

Profile of Clayton Cavaness
I don't think you could raise the head up very far on the rubber neck in a normal living room.

I would recomend a Mini Kub Zag if you wanted to do one in the living room. It works good up close. So does the zig zag.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Mini Spiker or Rubber Neck? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL