The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DIGITAL FORCE BAG BY NICK EINHORN (190 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9..13..17..21..25..28~29~30 [Next]
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
190 Posts

Profile of einhorn
Thanks Greg and congratulations on the success of Inject. I don't own it but was made aware of the Stanford List only on Monday, However, ours is a very different app. (And in fact is quite literally a Digital Force Bag, It was created by necessity for my own use after I stupidly left my clear force bag at home, arriving at my important gig without it and having to find a makeshift solution.) As you mention, DFB does not require internet, and the list is localized on the magician's phone and is clearly a list the MAGICIAN has made on his phone. As such it allows for customization of e.g. client product lists, Even members of the audiences names....This would be illogical on a 3rd parties on-line list.

For a demonstration of Psychology I see yours making absolute sense with a strong presentational hook. They are certainly going to appeal to different people for different reasons.
Continued success with your work.
Regards, Nick

Quote:
On Jan 9, 2018, Greg Rostami wrote:
Hi Nick,

Perhaps you were not aware of this but this idea has been in Inject since August 2016.

It's one of the presets in Inject. It's called Stanford List:
https://youtu.be/Fq43uKmGeNU

The above list can be customized (perhaps not as easily as yours), and instead of just words, can contain images as well.
You can have as many items on the list ... the above effect is with 12 items but it can easily be 100 items.

Because the effect happens on the spectator's phone, unlike your product, this does need an internet connection.

I think you've created a wonderful utility for magicians that don't want the restriction of an internet connection that want to force something on the magician's phone.

I wish you all the best with your release,
Greg Rostami

P.S. Here's a more recent performance:
https://youtu.be/1-2Sv71s-kE?t=11m29s
tomdeg
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Also would like to see an Android version!!
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
190 Posts

Profile of einhorn
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2018, tomdeg wrote:
Also would like to see an Android version!!

It's coming very soon!
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
This is a great, great app.

Well done gents. This will solve a lot of problems for many of us in walkaround.
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2018, einhorn wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2018, Colin (C.J.) wrote:
Sounds great. What reassurances are there that this will be supported long term and not dropped if it stops working with the next general system update?

Our intention is to keep this working. If for no other reason than Craig and I created it for my own personal use and I now use it for professional gigs all the time. I would not want to be without it. Such a versatile app that makes customising my magic for my clients very easy. I do a lot of corporate work and this simply makes my job easier. So for purely selfish reasons alone I will continue to ensure it works for future system updates as long as it is financially viable to do so.

I hope that goes someway to reassuring you. No one knows what the future holds, or what conditions outside of our control may preclude us from doing, but as I said, we will do our level best to ensure it can continue to work in the future.

Thank you Nick. That's very reassuring. I loved the demo too so consider a sale made! A wonderful idea.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I'm in as soon as the Android version is released. Big fan, Nick.
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Psy
Nice video! I was wondering if there is a way in which this can be used for "Pre-S---"? Where the spectator selects a word from a list and you know which one it is so you can use that info later on.
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
190 Posts

Profile of einhorn
Yes you can. I explain how on the closed fb group but essentially it is a great pre show tool too.
tomdeg
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2018, Nathan Alexander wrote:
I'm in as soon as the Android version is released. Big fan, Nick.

Ditto
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Im a bit obsessed with iPhone apps and I think this one looks great! Loved the real world performance of it too! Great thing to use with 21st century phantom! Definitely picking it up for my collection! Smile

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
190 Posts

Profile of einhorn
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2018, JamieD wrote:
Great thing to use with 21st century phantom! Definitely picking it up for my collection! Smile

Jamie Daws

Now THAT is a great idea! Never even though of that!
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2018, einhorn wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2018, JamieD wrote:
Great thing to use with 21st century phantom! Definitely picking it up for my collection! Smile

Jamie Daws

Now THAT is a great idea! Never even though of that!

Hey Mr Eihorn.

Check your PM's please Smile
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I like the App... the feature that you can customise it is really nice. While it is true that you can do with INJECT basically the same (and for pr...w I would prefer the later) it is very useful to have a weapon in your arsenal which you can use also offline! Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
196 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Congratulations to Craig and Nick on this I love it, perfectly disguised, easy to use with endless possibilities. The fact that it can be used offline makes it a no-brainer.

Your timing is perfect I have an opportunity to use this great tool very soon.

Thanks DR
iutennisman
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of iutennisman
I'm a fan of strong app magic when the spectator clearly doesn't think you're using an app, whether it is on the magician's or spectator's phone. Wikitest, Inject, Photo Prediction, iForce all fit into this category. The DFB app fits into this category as well, and it's nice to have another option that doesn't require internet connection. We've all been to places where the internet is shoddy at best.

Nick and Craig have done a great job with the app. It works as advertised, and it is always on you, so you can do magic in a moment's notice. This is great for trade show or corporate gigs, because you can customize for products or services related to your client. This is always a nice touch.

The app is worth it. Definitely get it if you want to produce strong mentalism.
BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
Absolutely love this app! Entirely customizable and makes a strong impression! I just wish the apps icons on the fake screens were more mainstream. Really weird app icon choices imo.
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2018, BrainMagos wrote:
I just wish the apps icons on the fake screens were more mainstream. Really weird app icon choices imo.

So this doesn't allow users to upload a snapshot of their ACTUAL screens (as in PhotoPrediction, iForce, etc.)? That shouldn't be a difficult thing at all to implement.

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
190 Posts

Profile of einhorn
Hi Drew
Just to reassure you, you can customise this app to look almost identical to your home screen. Some clever design work is incorporated to make the working of the effect easier for you to perform. IMO what BrainMagos is referring to will never be seen by anyone for more than half a second and certainly not enough time for them to see anything odd. I have used this dozens (maybe hundreds) of times now and no one even suspects it is an app. They have no interest in the phone itself. Again, just my opinion, but our aim was to create an app that you can perform without thinking about method.
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Thanks for the clarification Nick! I think I understand what "design work" you're hinting at as it relates to ease of execution and concede that if the participants are burning the screen at that point in the routine you have bigger issues to overcome Smile

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
I think it's really cool that Nick uses a Google image search to reveal his force celebrity.

For those of you who are familiar with Inject, you can mix these apps for a two phase effect where you invite your spectator to freely select from someone on the list.

Hence, you would start with this:
https://youtu.be/ZtdKtXnnTio

And then you would have your spectator freely select a celeb on the list and do this (replace the paper in this video with DFB):
https://youtu.be/1-2Sv71s-kE?t=18m57s

The first effect is a prediction, while the second is mind reading.

cheers,
Greg
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DIGITAL FORCE BAG BY NICK EINHORN (190 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9..13..17..21..25..28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL