The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Project: Swiss Army (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
Poor man's extractor.

Case closed.

Pardon the pun.
Mark iNFiNiTi
Creator of Revelation Gum
Join the Revelation @ Saturnmagic.co.uk/revelationgum
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2018, magicmarkworldwide2 wrote:
Poor man's extractor.

Case closed.

Pardon the pun.

Wow, if that’s not a very constructive post, I can’t see what it can be.

Try to bring some arguments to the table instead of purely bashing the product for the sake of bashing.
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
Alex, I posted 3 times, giving a helpful and honest review and comparison, and not one of the ****s on here appreciated it.

In fact, I got told off for comparing it to Extractor.

So now I'll just resort to communicating in a form that you can all understand.

Can't argue with the Facts though.
Mark iNFiNiTi
Creator of Revelation Gum
Join the Revelation @ Saturnmagic.co.uk/revelationgum
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2018, magicmarkworldwide2 wrote:
Alex, I posted 3 times, giving a helpful and honest review and comparison, and not one of the ****s on here appreciated it.

In fact, I got told off for comparing it to Extractor.

So now I'll just resort to communicating in a form that you can all understand.

Can't argue with the Facts though.

I understand your points but there is a few things PSA can do that Extractor can't :

- Pull out the deck from the box, spread it and show the deck and the cards.

- Don't have to switch the deck for another box or something else. You can use PSA on its own so it means more pocket management if you want to do only this routine.

- Show the box from all sides after the card have been inserted into the deck.

- Insert the card in the deck without it being in the box.

If you have trouble retrieving the card, there is a simple way, just put it lower in the deck, so you'll have more space for your finger to go in and retrieve the card Smile

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
Richietrix1969
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Richietrix1969
I have just received this contraption and I have to say - and of course, it's only my opinion - WHY!? What is the point of it? Hype, and more hype! Pointless! You can't hand it out, you can't shuffle it, and you can accomplish the same effect with a normal deck! If you haven't purchased this yet, or you are sitting on the fence, or you have Extractor - a wonderful prop and absolutely worth every penny - my opinion, don't bother! Buy a stripper deck...

Style over substance.....
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2018, Richietrix1969 wrote:
You can't hand it out, you can't shuffle it, and you can accomplish the same effect with a normal deck!

I would be very, very interested to know how you can instantly strip out four cards like he did, with a normal deck.
Again, I see another comparison here with Extractor. Well, so far, the only reliable review here is Alex's. I won't bother with the others.
Richietrix1969
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

The stripping out of the cards isn't something you'd want to do in front of spectators with this deck....id argue its for the camera and the re-enforcement selling of the deck! The selling, or, the point in this gimmick is to retrieve a card/s out of a deck to put somewhere else (covertly). To strip out cards in front of spectators from a deck that's gimmicked like this is at best stupid!

Here's my succinct review: It's tat....only my opinion though! You don't need 1,000 words to write a review on this!

Reliable reviews mainly come from dealers!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7744 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 17, 2018, pegasus wrote:
It’s rubbish like this that keep magic shops in business. Not by me now though, I’m glad to say.
Richietrix1969
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Seconded! Unfortunately, I purchased it!
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Magicians these days are so funny Smile

They know what to expect, a fully gimmicked deck which you can spread, let someone select a card out of it, lose it in the pack, put the pack back in the box and being able to retrieve it with ease.

If this doesn't correspond to what you want to do, simply don't buy it ! But if someone has a use for it, he won't be disappointed, it works and works well.

Maybe you should have considered why you bought it in the first place rather than moaning after receiving it ? Having a spot for a product, a use for it, being in need for a specific routine is completely different to buying the latest toy released ! So think about what you're buying before pressing the "BUY IT" button and you'll moan less, I promise Smile

pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7744 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Have to agree there Alex. I learned that eventually and I’m much happier now.
Richietrix1969
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

I suppose ignorance is bliss! You're talking absolute rubbish....how do you know what you're buying before you buy it! We take a dealers word for it, or we wait for a review from someone that's purchased it, then, given their unbiased review, we either purchase it, or we don't!

But that's the point, it may or may not be good - that's only their opinion!

My opinion; its rubbish!
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
The stripping out of the cards isn't something you'd want to do in front of spectators with this deck....

You're clearly eluding the question here. That's another reason why I won't rely on your review.

My question was not whether you can do it safely in front of an audience directly looking at your hands. Your original claim was that you can do these effects with a normal deck. I asked you how you would achieve this. You haven't answered that question.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
I suppose ignorance is bliss! You're talking absolute rubbish....how do you know what you're buying before you buy it! We take a dealers word for it, or we wait for a review from someone that's purchased it, then, given their unbiased review, we either purchase it, or we don't!

But that's the point, it may or may not be good - that's only their opinion!

My opinion; its rubbish!

Wow, you completely misunderstood my post.

I said : know what you want before buying things, in this case, Project Swiss Army does what it says on the tin : retrieve a card lost in a spreaded deck of card put back in a box you can show all around.

I didn't say : Check the quality or the working of the trick before buying it in order to know if it does work properly.

The trick works, it is well made and the routines are powerful. You just didn't have a use for it and you should have thought about it before buying it. Think twice next time : do I really need this item ? Would it fit the things I do ? Don't I have something similar already which can achieve pretty much the same thing ? Are the pros of this enough for me to buy it ? Can I see me perform this routine ?

And then rely on the reviewer you trust, in order to know the quality of it and if it works properly. Then make your decision.

I'm 100% sure you'll have less s**** in your drawer Smile

Richietrix1969
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

I trust my opinion....only! Patronise someone else less informed on the magical arts!

It's rubbish at best!

Mh101, I suggest you go and read a book, there are many that show how to get cards out of a deck with sleight-of-hand! Like I mentioned initially, a stripper deck is easier and far less suspicious than this bag-of-sh..t?....oh, only my opinion though!
lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
How does this differ from alexander de cova's ABSTRACTOR? Looks exactly the same except different box gimmick
lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2859 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2018, lil_magic wrote:
How does this differ from alexander de cova's ABSTRACTOR? Looks exactly the same except different box gimmick

You're spot on. Only the box is different.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2859 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Also check out "The Real Steal" if you're up to compare these kinds of decks: http://www.rfaproductions.com/products/realsteal2.html
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1757 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
I trust my opinion....only! Patronise someone else less informed on the magical arts!

It's rubbish at best!

Mh101, I suggest you go and read a book, there are many that show how to get cards out of a deck with sleight-of-hand! Like I mentioned initially, a stripper deck is easier and far less suspicious than this bag-of-sh..t?....oh, only my opinion though!

I held back as it looked like an extractor Rip Off

So thanks for the heads up

Just confirmed what I thought !

As for Alex makes you wonder if he is on the payroll
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Project: Swiss Army (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.5 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL