The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Gremlin puppets routine (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I am excited about a new unique routine I have come up with to begin some of my magic shows. About a year ago I saw that Warner Bros. was coming out with a Gremlin Stripe Puppet, that was to be released in Sept., 2017. I ever prepaid for it. For some weird unknown reason, I was refunded my money. I even ordered the Gizmo looking Puppet that had a later release date and was refunded that money as well. I guessed there must have been some kind of problem in the production of these puppets.
A little over a week ago while on e-bay I searched Gremlin puppet and here they were. Of course I ordered both, I am anxiously waiting for them, to be delivered maybe tomorrow or Monday. Once I get them, I will build a box that looks similar to the box Gizmo had in the first movie. This box will be big enough to hold both puppets.
My routine will begin with me showing my audience my new pet Mugwai. I will open the box and bring out my Gizmo looking Puppet. Playing with him and having him singing cute tunes he will soon have the audience falling in love with him. Of course, I will Have to put him up to continue my magic show. This will be a problem. He does not want to go back into the box. I put him in and out he comes, on and on. What starts out as cute, is now an anonymous to me. Eventually I hit him in the head with my magic wand and then I slam the lid closed. I apologize to the audience, and before I can take the box off of my table, the lid flys open and out comes my evil looking Stripe Puppet with a magic wand in his hand and he starts whooping me in the head, and causing a commotion. Thankfully, my assistant comes to my aid, and between the two of us, we are able to get him back into the box and lock it!
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I got my Gizmo looking Puppet today. Not as I expected, but I will be able to work with it.
No mouth movement, but I was going to have him do any talking anyway, just chirping singing
noises.
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Well I got my Gremlin today. He is a beauty. I wish I had a little more room for my hand but it will work.
I bought some of what I need to make my crate, and will start building it tomorrow. The cold weather
will slow things down though. Things are slow anyway around here, so no big deal.
Keep posted if you are interested. I guess it will take me a couple of weeks to build my crate.
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
To anyone that is interested, depending on the weather I should be finished building my box/crate by Friday. I am at the adding detail now, and then onto staining it. It is turning out great.
Pictures soon, then a video of me practicing my routine.
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I have finished my Gremlin box. Pictures soon.
pixsmith
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of pixsmith
This is kind of a fun idea, but it's someone else's intellectual property. Is it OK to use the characters in this way? My feeling is that it's not.

What's the harm? Well, this. Let's suppose that someone with less pure motives, using beloved characters, was able to convince children to get into a windowless van full of candy with a stranger. The sell is much easier that way. That's why bogus Mickey Mouse and Barney costumes are illegal, and even holding out a "Mouse in taile" explanation doesn't really avoid the issue.

To put it another way, imagine someone in your market did performances featuring your character or name, taking advantage of all the money you spent on marketing, development, and reputation making. How would you feel?

Just some thoughts...
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I bought these Puppets from Warner Bros.
You even say Bogus Mickey Mouse costumes. These are marketed by Warner Bros., to be used for something. Let’s see I used it 1 time so far at a karate school.
bubbles
View Profile
New user
The 5th Dimension
99 Posts

Profile of bubbles
Wizardpa, did you ever finish the puppets and try out the routine? Any pics?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Gremlin puppets routine (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL