The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » One-handed coin vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
I too have used the Shoot Ogawa vanish taught in Genii, it's a great move and I use it frequently. Of course the getting into JW grip can also be used as a one-handed vanish of a coin. The vanish taught in "Halves in the Mist" from Carneycopia is great but I would only use it in the context of that routine.

Owen
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Quote:
On 2004-04-20 14:39, Curtis Kam wrote:
Jon, Corey Burke is a clever new coin magician who posts here frequently. He works mainly out of "Nowhere". His first publication Sense has a very nice production of one coin off a stack in NP (two-handed, at the fingertips).

Where can this publication be found? I did a search and nothing comes up.

Thanks
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Brian Roberts
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
200 Posts

Profile of Brian Roberts
Jonathan,

Troy Hoosier uses Latta's move with three coins but they go into position all at once. One at a time would be very interesting. Great!! Now I'm up all night!

Thanks Geoffrey, for such an amazing move!

B.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Joe, try PMing him here, under "Spydur".
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Sorry to hear that the Spider into Nowhere Palm is so well known.

Also, suprised to note that no one has mentioned Roth's one-handed vanish from his coin in bottle routine in Expert Coin Magic. I've had fun with that one for years.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Thanks Curtis,
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
MICKEY SILVER
View Profile
Elite user
Boston, Ma.
442 Posts

Profile of MICKEY SILVER
A few month ago I met Jonathan Townsend for the first time ever. He showed me his "one-hand coin vanish."

Absolutely amazing! Talk about a one-handed coin...WOW! I would have sworn he lapped-it (IT WAS JUST GONE) but he didn't, because he was standing up. It was the best one-handed coin vanish I have ever seen.

Everyone has to see this! Excellent work Jon!

MICKEY
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
I use the Goshman Pinch which I find very useful. Sankey uses it on his Revolutionary Coin Magic DVD, a great DVD worth every coin...

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
Magic333
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Magic333
The best one handed coin vanish there is, bar none, is dropping it in the slot machine.
Ronnie Ramin
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Ronnie Ramin
Has anyone got a handle on putting more than one coin...

When I first became aware of the Nowhere palm I tried to use it for everything. One of the things I would use it for was Roth's Hanging coins, into that grip instead of the edge grip. this allowed for some more open shows, and the vanish of the final coin as well. I would do a Spider vanish type of move on the last coin so that the heat wasn't on the dirty hand. It was a workable solution but I eventually dropped the effect because I hadn't found the right premise for the routine.

Your Friend,
Ronnie
radiantentertainment
View Profile
Regular user
Donald Collins
112 Posts

Profile of radiantentertainment
Magic333,
Never take on anything that puts its back to the wall and challenges the world!
Life is not a dress rehearsal!
Less is more.
&
Knock'em dead!
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Hey there,

I just wanted to give a ahout to Curtis. Thanks for the nice words about "Sense" I have been so busy with things that I almost forgot about those, but they are still available. Curtis, I would like to talk to you about a new project I am working on, please P.M. ,e sometime.

Corey
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Ronnie,
You might like the script for Hanging Coins in my book Tubthumping. It was written to justify why the last coin doesn't vanish.

One or two of the local guys have commented favorably on it.

Rune Klan has some interesting work along the lines or multiple coins into edge style grips on his Three Pieces Of Silver video. It's one of the more interesting bits of coin work I've seen in the past couple of years.

Mickey,
I wish I could have been a fly on the wall the day you met Jon for a session. His one handed vanish is surely the bomb, if you can act. Jon really understands about holding out and believing in what you're selling.

Just as you understand how to use 'the light'.

best,
bill
bcharles
View Profile
New user
South Carolina
59 Posts

Profile of bcharles
Down's palm, backclip, Goshman Pinch are several that you can add to your existing ability.

Brian
Ronnie Ramin
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Ronnie Ramin
Wsduncan wrote:Ronnie,You might like the script for Hanging Coins in my book Tubthumping. It was written to justify why the last coin doesn't vanish. One or two of the local guys have commented favorably on it.

I picked up a copy of Tubthumping from H+R books and I loved it. Great ideas galore. The hanging coins isn't currently in my working material though.

Ronnie
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
This is not really a vanish, but on vol. 2 of Mickey Silver's demo tape, he shows a one-handed Coin-Thru-The-Table...

I have challenged 4 friends of mine to tell me how he does it (the "ditch") but no one can spot it. That's how good it is. Can't wait to see what Jon has come up with. I've video-taped my own version of a retention vanish, and when it's ready, I'm willing to share.

I really appreciate magicians such as Mickey and Jon, who really know the value of a secret...hat's off to you guys!

Doug
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
Forget the change no the new c exchange dvd. Its a sort of hard move for the effect. Your 2 inner fingers almost never come apart as well. Its alot of work for not alot of effect. Its ok, but for the amount of work and the conditions I wouldnt recommend it.
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » One-handed coin vanish (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL