The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » In the Clear by Nicholas Lawrence (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9452

This is like Sealed by Menny Lindenfeld. Hope it's better.

Ad copy:

This looks like special effects. Well, it does if you want it to. "In the Clear" is such a perfect switching device that you can do it secretly to switch an item without anyone realizing it, or you can direct everyone's attention to it and perform JAW DROPPING transformations inches away from their eyes.

It's so hard to pick the single best part..

THE BEST PART? Use ANY deck. As long as it comes in cellophane, it'll work perfectly.

Wait, no.. THE BEST PART? The box is normal and examinable. No cuts or slits are made in the card box so you can really use any deck. The cellophane is also fully examinable. Even after the gimmick is installed, you can remove it quickly & easily, and your card box is 100% unharmed and examinable!

The best part? The gimmick does all the work, is whisper silent, hard to see, even if it's accidentally exposed. It takes basically zero skill to operate, too. If you can hold a deck of cards, you can use "In the Clear"

Nicholas Lawrence is known for clever inventions, but from today on he may be known best for In the Clear. It's that good.
BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
187 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
That looks better than sealed in my opinion; I had sealed 2.0 and ended up having problems with it to the point on sending it back; hoping this is better
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I had Sealed 1.0, and it involved too much DIY.
handsurg
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of handsurg
I agree that Sealed is both finicky and involves far too much construction - it sits at the back of my drawer and I didn't even finish putting it together. I am hoping that In The Clear is better but I will wait for more in depth reviews and comments
Engine
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Engine
Anyone see the video - so far I think it's from Penguin's site and nowhere else. Here's the thing - I bet I can read the future: your video will briefly freeze up at around 56 seconds in. How did I do?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
I didn't see any mention of whether construction is required or not so first I'd like to know that.
BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
187 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
I got this and watched the download; super simple idea but I think it's definitely workable.
There is no diy (unless you wish to customize it) looks like a gimmick is supplied (I have not received the gimmick) but from the video it will last a long time , no refill or finicky mechanical parts to worry about.. simple and clean. I will be definitely see myself being able to use this.
AriTheMan
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
68 Posts

Profile of AriTheMan
Just wanted to hop on here real quick...

Even though Nick is a good friend, that doesn't affect my opinion about this. Nick showed me In the Clear I don't know how long ago and my mind was blown. It is definitely not anything like what you are thinking the method is and it is very practical. I think it’s great that Nick released it, but I’m secretly angry cause I wanted it all to myself (haha).

I'm hoping to do an official review of In The Clear soon which will appear on my YouTube channel (www.YouTube.com/user/AriMagician), so be on the lookout for that.

(Oh, and, it's nothing like Sealed...)
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
This is one of the first things Nicholas showed me when he moved into the Columbus area and I've seen it evolve over time from a prototype into what it is in it's current form (I know Nicholas will someday improve it even more then make those advancements available because he NEVER stops refining his creations.)

In The Clear is the most organic and easy to use prediction "box" effect that I've seen in recent years.

Sure, there is no funny looking "Box-o-mystery" or what the hell ever people like these days, but in my eyes, that is actually preferred.

Supremely great concept with multiple ideas built in.

Check it out before that handmade first batch are gone and you're left yelling expletives at your cat or significant other.

XX,
-Jakob

P.S. In case you're not familiar with Nicholas' work, YES you always have a built in way to end clean.
JOurneyjoe
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of JOurneyjoe
Are both the Box and the Cellophane Examinable immediately after the effect?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2018, JOurneyjoe wrote:

According to the previous post it does say you can end clean. Also, after reading the ad it looks as if you will have to do a little dirty work before handing anything out to be examined.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
This does look great but having to reinstall the cellophane plastic afterwards is somewhat of a deal breaker for strolling performances where the reset has to be nothing or a few seconds. But I would expect table-hoppers to be all over this since it will save pocket space and in most cases you have a little more time between tables.
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of goatears
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2018, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2018, JOurneyjoe wrote:

According to the previous post it does say you can end clean. Also, after reading the ad it looks as if you will have to do a little dirty work before handing anything out to be examined.

The cellophane is immediately examinable, the box requires a bit of dirty work.
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of goatears
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2018, Jared wrote:
This does look great but having to reinstall the cellophane plastic afterwards is somewhat of a deal breaker for strolling performances where the reset has to be nothing or a few seconds. But I would expect table-hoppers to be all over this since it will save pocket space and in most cases you have a little more time between tables.

The effect is reset as soon as you get the cellophane back on. You could just about dump the card out and by the time they unfold it be reset for another performance.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2018, goatears wrote:
Quote:

The effect is reset as soon as you get the cellophane back on. You could just about dump the card out and by the time they unfold it be reset for another performance.

I’ve never been able to put the cellophane back on a card case in less than a minute or two even with the two card playing card method.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Must be a new and different kind of cellophane ;-)
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
JordanD
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of JordanD
Does anyone know if you can make replacement/multiple gimmics yourself or is this going to be tricky to do?

Thanks in advance
AriTheMan
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
68 Posts

Profile of AriTheMan
When Nick performs ITC, I am pretty sure he stretches his cellophane out a little bit so that it can easily slide on and off of the box. This helps a lot with the reset that you mentioned above, Jared.

And, JordanD: the gimmick will last a really long time so you shouldn't have to make another gimmick. But, with a little bit of time and patience and some experimentation, you could make the gimmick yourself. But, again, you shouldn't have the need to do that.

- Ari
jf4viva
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of jf4viva
Quote:
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2018, goatears wrote:
Quote:

I’ve never been able to put the cellophane back on a card case in less than a minute or two even with the two card playing card method.

Being a worker I thought the same thing. Nicholas showed this to me before it was released. I was at penguin studios filming my own release and when he showed me the idea I was instantly in love. My first concern was “putting back the cellophane is gonna be a pain in the ass”
Nicholas then goes to show me a little trick to get it back on in 2 seconds flat. Literally about as long as it takes to put a deck of cards in a box is the same amount of time it takes to put the cellophane back on.
Mark Calabrese
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Thank You for that, Mark!
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » In the Clear by Nicholas Lawrence (12 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL